DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Blacklaw Road
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 20:52

Is there still a problem with folk speeding or driving recklessly on this road? We already had several speed humps on it, as well as 4 road narrowing measures to slow traffic down. Council workers were out in force today, digging up the road in 4 or 5 different places to put in even more speed humps. Are they really necessary?

No wonder my mechanic has a mountain of broken springs in front of his garage.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Blacklaw Road
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 21:23

Cars speed in town all the time. You should see the speed some people go up and down Garvock... Don't seem to realise these are actually residential streets!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 21:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gopars  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 14:32

I live Woodmill Road end, noticed today they are taking the islands away, the speed that cars drive at my end of the road is mad, i have 5 small kids next door and have fallen out with more than 1 driver thinking they're Stirling Moss, when the fact that there are kids around usually just get a shrug.
I spoke with my neighbour and explained that i had e-mailed my Councillor regards the increase in air pollution that speed humps produce, she replied better asthma than 1 of her children being hit with a car. Sad

Cut me do I not bleed black and white.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 19:31

Racetrack. I'm on Beveridge Street, right next to a speed bump. They absolutely fly down here. Always pleasing to hear the scrape as they bounce over the bump. Hope the utterly fck the car.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 06:47

I only use Blacklaw Road very rarely and was unaware that speeding was more of an issue there than anywhere else in town, but if that is the case, then introducing further traffic calming measures is a necessity.

Speed bumps tend to be largely ignored by van drivers, all the same. The most effective measures for slowing speedsters down, imo, are the illuminated signs which show your speed in red if you're over the limit and green if you're OK. They're often situated at the start of a built up area.

Are they more expensive than speed bumps, which need to be replaced/ repaired at regular intervals and damage the cars of careful and speeding drivers alike?

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Wed 06 Mar 06:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 09:29

no need for speed bumps when the roads are in the mess they are with Pot-holes. Masterton Road is an absolute disgrace given the volume of traffic using it for the Crem etc it has more yellow paint highlighting holes than anything else.

Tuke Street/Headwell ave also terrible

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Al  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 11:14

Masterton Rd is apparently to be resurfaced....next year.

I dont think it will last that long!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net