DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kirkcaldy
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 11:07

Another big blow for our friends in lino land with the news that Debenhams are closing their store there (the only one in Scotland announced in the recently announced list).

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/business/kirkcaldy-s-debenhams-store-set-to-close-here-s-when-1-4915596

With BHS a couple of years ago, M&S recently and now this the High Street there is going look even more threadbare. Bit of a shame really as it did used to be a good place to go for the shops.

What price the Dunfermline Debenhams surviving the next round of cuts?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kirkcaldy
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 11:12

Was down KDY High street during the week, it's pretty bleak down there, no disabled cars going up the street. Plenty beggars and jakies though, meanwhile the retail park is booming!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 11:15

I would say that the way the whole Kingsgate was remodeled for Debenhams means they have likely committed to a long term lease arrangement. Therefore probable facing hefty penalties if the Dunfermline store was to close.

No guarantees though in the world of balancing spreadsheets!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 12:09

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Fri 26 Apr 11:15

I would say that the way the whole Kingsgate was remodeled for Debenhams means they have likely committed to a long term lease arrangement. Therefore probable facing hefty penalties if the Dunfermline store was to close.

No guarantees though in the world of balancing spreadsheets!

Leases really don't matter to administers. They will be looking to save profitable branches.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 13:08

I reckon it's safe. Stores in Dunfermline rarely get the chop unless the whole chain has gone bust, and it's small as well which probably fits the future model better for department stores.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 13:13

Leases may not matter to administrators but hefty penalty clauses might! Note I am only speculating that there might be substantial penalty clauses, I have no inside knowledge on this, I am not even a knowledgeable individual on DAFC players salaries unlike most on this forum :)

Being profitable is no guarantee against closure in todays world. :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 14:28

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Fri 26 Apr 13:13

Leases may not matter to administrators but hefty penalty clauses might! Note I am only speculating that there might be substantial penalty clauses, I have no inside knowledge on this, I am not even a knowledgeable individual on DAFC players salaries unlike most on this forum :)

Being profitable is no guarantee against closure in todays world. :)

There will be penalty clauses for all leases. I would I imagine they lease all their properties so it will come down to how big the penalty is against the profitability of each store
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 16:21

Penalty clause may not apply if they mothball it, cheaper to not use it and wait for lease break (and a company like Debenhams will have property experts that will be clever enough to consider all eventualities)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 16:52

Surely the lease is defunct as it's a contract with a company that doesn't exist anymore, so they negotiate a new one? Or is it like Sevco and it's the same club.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 17:16

Judging by the amount of thefts from Debenhams I read about in the court pages of The Dunfermline Press, the shop in the toun must hardly make any money at all. They would be as well getting their perfume deliveries straight to James Street Hostel
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 19:39

Will soon be a mega Sports Direct!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 06:54

James St Hostel, Debenhams, Sheriff Court - very handily situated within yards of each other, a well worn triangular path.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Apr 06:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Betty  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 23:49

Do a google search on Debenhams Dunfermline theft and the first 3 listings are 10/4/19 - £1200 of perfume by someone from Kirkcaldy, 1/10/18 - £37.91 of perfume by a resident at James Bank hostel and 29/8 - £194 of perfume by a Lumphinnans resident. Hardly warrants getting their perfume deliveries straight to James Bank. Oh and the “triangular path” you refer to Mario needs to be a square as you’ve missed out the cop station.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 00:01

I wish they’d shut Debenhams in the kingsgate and turn it into a Vue cinema. That would be amazing. They’d make an absolute fortune.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net