DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Going on a cruise to Iceland in June
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Wed 1 May 17:29

Any advice- this is my first cruise.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Going on a cruise to Iceland in June
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 1 May 21:50

If whale steaks are on the menu, say you would prefer a nice bit of haddock.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 2 May 08:25

Assuming you will be calling at Reykjavik , a few Pars have been there ! Great place , tad expensive . The Blue Lagoon is pretty popular trip, I didn't go in 2004 ( can't be 15 years ago can it?) but the family is heading back in July so will probably do this time around. Whale spotting trips pretty good or an expedition out to the volcanoes sounds spectacular. I am sure you will have a great time , the scenery/ geology is something else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesley  
Date:   Thu 2 May 10:23

I suppose it all depends on how much time you have and what your access to transport is like.

I went in February 2015 on a photography holiday so we had a guide and a minibus that could reach places the normal tour coaches couldn't, although the general area was the Golden Circle.

I agree that a trip to the Blue Lagoons is a must, as is a visit to the geysers. The Gullfoss waterfalls are absolutely stunning. Thingvellir National Park was amazing (although it was February and we visited there the morning after a huge snowstorm so everything looked breathtaking). You can see where the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasian meet.

Other places....Stykkisholmur is a picturesque little town but do have a very good hospital should you slip on the ice and split your head open like I did.

If your land time is pretty much all in Reykjavik then I would recommend the City Sightseeing Tour bus first. It takes you round all the main tourist highlights such as Hallgrimskirkja, Perlan, Solfar and Harpa.

Great selection of places to eat and drink (although expensive) and very friendly Icelandic people :)

Post Edited (Thu 02 May 10:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 2 May 14:44

Daughter went to Iceland through her degree at Stirling uni. Scenery is absolutely stunning, but it's very very,expensive. That's because most of their food is imported.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net