DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Block paving
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 6 May 10:44

We've got a lot of weeds popping through outr block paving on the drive. It is around 18 years old I think.

I was planning on jet washing, rejointing and sealing but it looks like some folk online think that's overkill as the sealant isnt cheap.

Any experiences of doing this on dot net?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Block paving
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 6 May 16:09

I've not attempted this yet but I've got loads of weeds coming through the patio out the back so I'm in the process of burning them off with a weed burner and from what I've read on line if you follow that up with a salt water (and possibly washing up liquid) solution its meant to be effective at stopping them coming back.

I'm only half way through so not sure if it definitely works but might be cheaper chucking out salt water every now and again rather than having it resealed?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 18:45

Cheers. I hadn't heard that. Been a nightmare job today. Really mucky and I'm only half way through after about 4 hours so I'm keen to find a solution!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 6 May 18:47

Did mine a couple of years back with a strong solution of Jeyes fluid. Left it a couple of weeks, power washed it with the rotating head thingmy, scraped out any residual muck, dead weeds etc then resanded the joints.
Worked ok.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 6 May 18:53

I've just read that salt can apparently damage some concrete so it might not be the answer I'd hoped for.

Still potentially worth a Google.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 6 May 18:53

Reach out to the weeds and you might just find you have much in common, etc, etc.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 May 19:18

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Mon 6 May 18:53

Reach out to the weeds and you might just find you have much in common, etc, etc.

A prickly outside and turn up where many people don't want me?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net