DAFC.net
Home 09 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 15 May 10:24

Does anyone watch - sorry Did anyone watch it ? I chanced upon it sometimes when channel hopping but could never watch it for more than a minute, absolute gutter TV. Something like this was always going to happen eventually.
Good riddance.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 15 May 10:38

Hope its permanently cancelled. Targets some of the most vulnerable and downtrodden in society for cheap laughs for a bunch of slavering tools.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 15 May 10:41

Confirmed now it's been axed permanently by ITV. Wouldn't be surprised to see Channel 5 pick it up now mind you.

Seems very hypocritical of ITV given 2 suicides from Love Island, in far less episodes than there have been from Kyle shows. Guess it doesn't make them as much money as Love Island does though.

And before people feel too sorry for those that go on it, remember nobody is actually ever forced onto the show.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 15 May 11:49

A sad state of affairs that somebody had to die before they decided to give it up, it was awful and so condescending in the first place.

I don't think Jeremy Kyle has been a saint either if I recall, so sure there will be an element of hypocrisy added into the mix.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 15 May 11:53

in fairness to JK and the show aftercare I'm sure he has helped many more people get help/clean from drink/drug issues and help families get back together more than the normal "headline" 2 tooth main guest etc.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 15 May 12:36

Goodbye poverty porn.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 15 May 15:51

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Wed 15 May 10:41

Confirmed now it's been axed permanently by ITV. Wouldn't be surprised to see Channel 5 pick it up now mind you.

Seems very hypocritical of ITV given 2 suicides from Love Island, in far less episodes than there have been from Kyle shows. Guess it doesn't make them as much money as Love Island does though.

And before people feel too sorry for those that go on it, remember nobody is actually ever forced onto the show.


The guy died a few days after the show. So there more chance that the show had an influence.
Love Island (a terrible terrible show) has had 2 suicides but they were both 2 years after the show was aired. So the chances of their appearances on Love Island being the major influential cause it's much less.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 15 May 18:09

Quote:

General Zod, Wed 15 May 12:36

Goodbye poverty porn.


There are a good few programmes like this, it very much suits The Establishments agenda to have TV shows ripping in to people in unfortunate circumstances, preferably showing them as wasters enjoying a nice lifestyle at the taxpayers expense. Keeps the average person distracted, thinking that those people are the enemy rather than those above
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 15 May 18:22

How many of them are forced to go on it though ? What you've posted is blogging more than socialist paranoia.

Anyway, what odds on Mr Kyle appearing in the jungle or on Strictly now this year ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 15 May 19:35

Glad it has departed. Utter gutter television.
I genuinely never understood how people could watch it. I saw part of an episode and it was difficult to comprehend how people believed going on such a show would do anything other than harm.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 15 May 19:37

I actually knew a boy who was on the show years back. Said Jeremy was a complete tadger. I believe him. There’s always a mouthy one in a group who hides behind his big pals when threatened with a slap. That’s Kyle alright.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:18

Were people paid to appear on this show ?

Struggling to think what other "motivation" there could be to bare your soul to a audience.

No loss to British TV.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:41

I think the guests were given a night in a hotel paid for by the show.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:45

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 15 May 20:41

I think the guests were given a night in a hotel paid for by the show.


Yes. Out of pocket expenses plus an overnight hotel stay.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Thu 16 May 00:05

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 15 May 20:45

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 15 May 20:41

I think the guests were given a night in a hotel paid for by the show.


Yes. Out of pocket expenses plus an overnight hotel stay.


That’s what we got anyway. They paid a night for me, my sister/cousin and her wean eating dug!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:51

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Thu 16 May 00:05

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 15 May 20:45

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 15 May 20:41

I think the guests were given a night in a hotel paid for by the show.


Yes. Out of pocket expenses plus an overnight hotel stay.


That’s what we got anyway. They paid a night for me, my sister/cousin and her wean eating dug!


Did you have to take a lie detector test then start launching chairs at security when the results where read out? 😂

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 17 May 12:23

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 15 May 15:51

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Wed 15 May 10:41

Confirmed now it's been axed permanently by ITV. Wouldn't be surprised to see Channel 5 pick it up now mind you.

Seems very hypocritical of ITV given 2 suicides from Love Island, in far less episodes than there have been from Kyle shows. Guess it doesn't make them as much money as Love Island does though.

And before people feel too sorry for those that go on it, remember nobody is actually ever forced onto the show.


The guy died a few days after the show. So there more chance that the show had an influence.
Love Island (a terrible terrible show) has had 2 suicides but they were both 2 years after the show was aired. So the chances of their appearances on Love Island being the major influential cause it's much less.


Don't think it matters if they were both two years after the show, going on that programme basically pimping themselves out over the holidays and the inevitable rejections, cheating, gloating that comes with it etc. Then the public attention they'll get after the show which will have gone on for those two years, it will have had a major influence in my book.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 17 May 13:37

Quote:

Berry, Fri 17 May 12:23

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 15 May 15:51

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Wed 15 May 10:41

Confirmed now it's been axed permanently by ITV. Wouldn't be surprised to see Channel 5 pick it up now mind you.

Seems very hypocritical of ITV given 2 suicides from Love Island, in far less episodes than there have been from Kyle shows. Guess it doesn't make them as much money as Love Island does though.

And before people feel too sorry for those that go on it, remember nobody is actually ever forced onto the show.


The guy died a few days after the show. So there more chance that the show had an influence.
Love Island (a terrible terrible show) has had 2 suicides but they were both 2 years after the show was aired. So the chances of their appearances on Love Island being the major influential cause it's much less.


Don't think it matters if they were both two years after the show, going on that programme basically pimping themselves out over the holidays and the inevitable rejections, cheating, gloating that comes with it etc. Then the public attention they'll get after the show which will have gone on for those two years, it will have had a major influence in my book.


Sorry but you don't know that. Very easy to blame the show. How many years after an appearance is it acceptable to kill yourself without blaming the show?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 17 May 13:55

I'm not solely blaming the show but has to be a big influence.

How many episodes of Jeremy Kyle has there been? Only one death.

Theres only been what three seasons of Love Island and two suicides?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jeremy Kyle Show
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 17 May 15:31

Quote:

Berry, Fri 17 May 13:55

I'm not solely blaming the show but has to be a big influence.

How many episodes of Jeremy Kyle has there been? Only one death.

Theres only been what three seasons of Love Island and two suicides?


Has to be an influence. Does it really? Why? It's just as likely to have had no influence at all. Unless you have any first hand experience with the 2 people it's all conjecture.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: