DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pro Evo v Fifa
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 09:36

Just about time for the annual battle to start again so what one are you going for this year?

The demo of the new Pro Evo is available to download and, having played it for a good hour last night, thought it was really good and a big improvement on recent offerings. Apparently Konami have enlisted Iniesta this year to sort out the dribbling mechanics.

More teams than before - including Serie A - fully licensed this year too. Think I'll be choosing this one over Fifa.

As an aside, is that really 26 years since the first Fifa game on the Mega Drive ???
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pro Evo v Fifa
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 11:00

I was a big Pro Evo man, but it went down hill for a few years on the trot and never bothered going back to it when I switched to Fifa.

Does Pro Evo have the naming rights yet as well? It was a small thing but went against Pro Evo also (e.g. instead of Ryan Giggs it was Ryan Goggs).

That being said I didn't buy the current FIFA as I don't the think there's been that much changed tonwarrant the price tag?

They added a further story to the career mode but never really got into it and felt too much of a grind than fun.

Might give the new one a go but will wait to see what the views are of it first.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 11:21

Worth downloading the demo Berry and giving it a go. It's not quite the full experience as there's no commentary or anything like that but it does play a really good game of football.

They've got Man U fully licensed in it this year (McTominay is actually on the cover of the game !) and I believe there are a few more they have lined up before full release.

I'm sure like most other years there will be that "option file" which you can use to add all the teams and players in too though.

Word is that Fifa is about to lose some licences as well - Juventus for one I'd heard ?

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 11:28

Has happened. EA Sports lost £660m in value after losing the rights to Juve. Seems nuts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 12:24

EA is the Antichrist.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 15:45

EA and FIFA are dreadful. Ultimate team is a cash grab and career mode has half the features it did 8 years ago. I'll be sticking to football manager again this year.

Didn't realise how angry FIFA would make me till I gave it up last year
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 11:34

So that's the FIFA demo out now.

In my humble opinion it's not a patch on Pro Evo this year, so I'll be picking up a copy of that at the weekend and hopefully won't be long before this year's options files are available for download.

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 14:12

Fifa has been going steadily downhill since around 12. Removing content constantly, only focusing on Ultimate team and regarding that, artificially inflating player ratings so that you're less likely to pack anybody half decent etc. I'll be sticking to Football manager again this year I think, cheeky wee San Marino challenge for me
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 15:00

I miss being able to play Football Manager. Unfortunately my PC just isn't up to spec for it these days.

Many hours/days and weeks of my life were lost to that in the past.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 16:11

Not ideal, got a save I play on my laptop and pc but you really notice the load time difference on the laptop which makes it really difficult to make any progress
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 21:28

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Thu 12 Sep 15:00

I miss being able to play Football Manager. Unfortunately my PC just isn't up to spec for it these days.

Many hours/days and weeks of my life were lost to that in the past.

Personally I find the new incarnations far too detailed. They're still good but part of the enjoyment has been sucked out by the realism and scope of the games these days.

You're probably as well firing up an old version you enjoyed playing and seeing if there is a patch with some up to date info or just enjoy the older versions for the quality games they were.

Post Edited (Thu 12 Sep 21:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 22:02

^^ Good shout.

One of my favourite versions of it was actually way back on the original Xbox console.

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 15:09

Pro evo has always been the far superior game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 21:19

The one where Adriano was juiced to the moon with overly generous stats for strength and shooting was the last great Pro Ev, all down hill after that although i did prefer this years offering compared to Fifa 19.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Thu 19 Sep 10:13

Pro evolution for the footie purists and FIFA for people just bothered about real names and clubs and it still plays a decent game but nowhere near pro evolution.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net