DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Hospitals
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 18:50

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Hospitals
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 19:14

good luck finding someone to take responsibility
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 19:23

Doesn’t it rest in Holyrood?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 20:13

What I don't get about the Sick Kids is that the NHS don't own the building - it's leased. So why isn't the owner paying for the ventilation system?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 20:27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49673225
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 20:31

I don't understand why governments pump millions of pounds into nhs so smackheads can get free methadone whilst kids are dying because of a fecked up ventilation system

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 20:50

IHLS should be accountable

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 21:30

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Thu 12 Sep 20:31

I don't understand why governments pump millions of pounds into nhs so smackheads can get free methadone whilst kids are dying because of a fecked up ventilation system

Heroin addiction has little to do with someone missing problems with a ventilation system. The problem with addiction is that public health bodies should be seeking to prevent people starting taking substances rather than simply treating the problem.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 09:13

Sorry Jake, we are singing of the same hymn sheet, I am speaking as someone who has lost family through heroin addiction.

My point being is... it's strange how governments can find millions to pump money into a scheme to give free methadone ( which is dearer than giving them heroin ) while kids are dying of cancer.
My cousins made the choice to take heroin, the last I checked I never seen a kid volunteering for cancer.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 10:54

I think they CAN find money for children with cancer. The issue here is someone didn't check the ventilation system met the correct standards before signing it off. They're now going to have to spend even more money putting it right. That's the money that could have gone on cancer research and treatment.

My own view is that there needs to be a complete review of procurement. I've worked in both public and private sector and the biggest failings were always when the public sector brought in the private sector to do work. They may work out cheaper but the product is far, far poorer in my experience.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 11:18

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 15:23

You missed the bit about it being near impossible to get parked around there. I'm not sure whether the new one will be any better as it was built on one of the car parks. I remember going to ERI to pick up my wife and second-born and I had to drive round a few times to find a space. That was before they built the Sick kids hospital.

I've been lucky not to need to go to Sick kids but the last time I was there (3-4 years ago) it was like something from Call the Midwife.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 16:08

Quote:

renegade master, Fri 13 Sep 11:18

Let me give you a wee insight from the current state of the Oncology ward at Edinburgh Sick Kids.
The kids have no wifi! The only ventilation they have is Windows and a couple of Dyson fans, the rooms do not have any Sky TV just a basic free view box if it works.

Whilst I understand everything below the above comments in your post. The above baffles me.

I spent 6 weeks in a brand new cancer room in Aberdeen having chemo and stem cell treatment.
There was no TV provided unless you paid and defo no sky. There was no WiFi either. I wasn't allowed to open windows in case of infection. Visitors had to gown up, remove shoes and thoroughly wash hands before entry. I had a single Dyson fan which was worse than useless.

I never felt the hospital had to provide WiFi or TV facilities. I used an old laptop and got Freeview on it. I also used mobile phone data for WiFi.

Now I understand kids expect more these days and hopefully these facilities are in the new hospital.

The rest of your post is sad if all true and should not be allowed to continue.

😒
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 17:26

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 17:52

TV shouldn't be needed but these kids can be in there for a long time. Even a routine check takes hours in the Sick Kids. We were in for 5-6 hours for something really minor (so minor I can't even remember what it was). The nurses were rushed off their feet and we felt like time wasters but we'd been referred. Only entertainment on offer was a portable dvd player with a Peppa pig dvd that jumped.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 19:38

Quote:

renegade master, Fri 13 Sep 17:26

It's worse than that, when my son was in a few years back, Sky who the Mrs has worked for for a good few years! Offered to supply new TV's, individual Sky boxes to each room and area and wifi throughout the ward, all Complimentary, the engineers went in to plan the install.

48 hours before the install was due after it had been announced it was coming to all the kids and parents discussions between the Matron and NHS Lothian deemed it to be unsuitable as the nurses should not be responsible for controlling patient viewing using wifi or Sky. This despite most parents providing there children with a 4g dongle to allow the same.

The teenage cancer unit round the corner had all the above plus every games machine, and every DVD going!

The new hospital has all the above for all the children.

Most children will spend the best part of 3 years in that ward and some will never leave alive!

STV are currently doing an extensive documentary within the hospital backed by nurses but not management to expose the current conditions within.

How any Government can allow this to continue through down right incompetence is beyond me!

That's great. Again there were a couple of children in my cancer block. They had the same facilities as me. One guy who was about 16 had to bring in his own console. He was in for several months at a time for treatments. Unfortunately, he relapsed within 3 weeks of getting out and never made it.

There are TVs but you pay quite a hefty price for viewing and it's not worth it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 08:38

Had my tonsils removed in the old West Fife, also attended a number of clinics in the old ERI. Both became outdated in terms of facilities and were like rabbit warrens internally, but like the schools of that era built to last.
At least walls didn’t blow down in a wind and I don’t recall any deaths caused by infection from pigeon droppings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 16:08

The old West Fife hospital was falling apart and out dated. That's why it was closed. Same with the old ERI. The place was an absolute midden.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 17:46

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Oct 11:54

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 10 Oct 13:41

That consortium should be banned from bidding for public sector work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Oct 09:45

I don't understand why the taxpayer is paying for something that isn't fit for purpose. Who wrote that contract?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net