DAFC.net
Home 11 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: abrupt1  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 17:59

Which pubs are the worst in Dunfermline, and why?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:17

Hmmm... Difficult one this.
I never disliked any pub really but I probably liked Tappie Toories the least cos it was always hoaching whenever I was in there.
That's cos it's (or was... I don't drink now so I've no idea) very popular obviously so it's not a slight on that particular establishment.
But I don't like busy pubs (cos I'm an auld duffer) 🤣
Maybe I was just always in it at the wrong time.



[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:45

Why would you start a post like this?
I can understand the odd comment following a bad experience but an open invitation to effectively destroy someones businness!!! What's wrong with you FFS!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:58

Don't see any harm in the post. The lack of responses suggests there aren't any.

Definitely a few boozers in Dunfermline I avoid but mainly because they feel a bit cliquey. Actually, I also avoid Spoons because I don't like the owner.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:58

I never read it that way PARrot but I suppose you have a point.
As I've stated... And I made a point of stating it... I purely wasn't a fan of an establishment because it was always busy... Nothing else.
The OP is from a new member though so I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt that he didn't intentionally mean any harm in his post.
Unless the majority say otherwise of course... In which case it shall be removed.
We aim to please



[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 19:20

The Bruce. Everywhere else is either good or no bad.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 20:28

The Wetherspoons in the toon is awful in my opinion. I would tend to avoid Tappies as well.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 20:30

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 16 Nov 18:45

Why would you start a post like this?
I can understand the odd comment following a bad experience but an open invitation to effectively destroy someones businness!!! What's wrong with you FFS!


What's wrong with it? To be fair about 3/4 of the pubs in the toon are owned by the same person/people.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: abrupt1  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 21:12

I only started the thread because I'd just asked the question which pub did people consider the best in Dunfermline.

Wasn't an attempt to destroy someone's business as in the other thread wasn't an attempt to increase any pubs business. If someone dislikes a certain pub for any reason that reason could be why another individual likes a certain pub i.e. widtink stated he wasn't a fan of busy pubs but someone else might love busy pubs.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 21:25

Nothing wrong with it
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 21:40

If you think a few posts on here about a pub is going to destroy the business then it must be in a hellish predicament already.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 03:10

Quote:

abrupt1, Sat 16 Nov 21:12

I only started the thread because I'd just asked the question which pub did people consider the best in Dunfermline.

Wasn't an attempt to destroy someone's business as in the other thread wasn't an attempt to increase any pubs business. If someone dislikes a certain pub for any reason that reason could be why another individual likes a certain pub i.e. widtink stated he wasn't a fan of busy pubs but someone else might love busy pubs.


I dont suppose for a minute you would would want to harm a business but its the kind of post that can cause additional problems for struggling businesses.
I didn't see your more positive post until after I responded here. This is a discussion thread and most folk on here would agree the post was ok. I personally wouldn't slate a business on a public forum .... you never know the whole story.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 07:03

Some of my old haunts are long gone, but c*ck your lugs and prime your conk when the witching hour is nigh and a chill wind sighs through the closes..is that the cackling of Big Aggie’s Man? The piddle and bleach honk of cracked urinals?
Pull up your collar and crack on. Don’t look back...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 16:27

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sat 16 Nov 20:28

The Wetherspoons in the toon is awful in my opinion. I would tend to avoid Tappies as well.


Is the 7 Kings not also owned by Wetherspoons?



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: bowie  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 17:11

Nah, Greene King.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: worst pubs in the town
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 20:06

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 17 Nov 03:10

Quote:

abrupt1, Sat 16 Nov 21:12

I only started the thread because I'd just asked the question which pub did people consider the best in Dunfermline.

Wasn't an attempt to destroy someone's business as in the other thread wasn't an attempt to increase any pubs business. If someone dislikes a certain pub for any reason that reason could be why another individual likes a certain pub i.e. widtink stated he wasn't a fan of busy pubs but someone else might love busy pubs.


I dont suppose for a minute you would would want to harm a business but its the kind of post that can cause additional problems for struggling businesses.
I didn't see your more positive post until after I responded here. This is a discussion thread and most folk on here would agree the post was ok. I personally wouldn't slate a business on a public forum .... you never know the whole story.


The flip side to that is that if a pub receives the same criticism for the same reasons it might spur on some change that could save a business.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: