DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 X Box One S
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 13:56

Lidl have an offer on tomorrow for the X Box One S which is the variant with no drive so its all downloads.

Obviously that means no cheap 2nd hand discs so I was wondering what people's views were on the pricing for the various Microsoft digital offerings and whether games tended to work out cheaper in the long run with the drive version or are the digital subscription deals cheap enough that the Lidl deal is worth it?

Never owned an Xbox so not too sure what I'd want to play in terms of titles etc.

As always any advice is greatly appreciated.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: X Box One S
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 15:10

If its anything like the Playstation Store, its overpriced.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 17:35

Surely better picking up a second hand one that takes disks?

Xbox live costs a monthly fee but gives you 4 different games a months, usually a couple of good ones too.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 22:12

Get this with Xbox live ultimate (Xbox live and gamepass combined) for a tenner a month and you are set. I think there is a deal on just now for three months for a quid. Discs are old hat now.....

Post Edited (Thu 28 Nov 22:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 00:33

Quote:

Berkey, Thu 28 Nov 17:35

Surely better picking up a second hand one that takes disks?

Xbox live costs a monthly fee but gives you 4 different games a months, usually a couple of good ones too.

Possibly that's why I was asking :-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 00:35

Quote:

PARanoid_Android, Thu 28 Nov 22:12

Get this with Xbox live ultimate (Xbox live and gamepass combined) for a tenner a month and you are set. I think there is a deal on just now for three months for a quid. Discs are old hat now.....

Thanks I had seen that offer and will definitely go for it if I go for the Lidl deal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 09:11

It's also available at Argos for the same price I believe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 11:07

Thanks CDF I didnt know that.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 11:31

Looks like Dunfermline is out of stock.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 11:54

According to the website it's available to collect right away ?

Kirkcaldy has it too.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2026082

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 12:06

<https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-s-all-digital-edition-xbox-one-minecraft-sea-of-thieves-fortnite-2000-v-bucks-109-instore-at-tesco-limited-stock-3344767?page=12#thread-comments>

Tried Tesco? Also mention of Curry's/PC world on thread at £129
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: babs woodhouse  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 12:21

Think Argos are giving credit so you can pay it up over six months with no interest
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 16:53

Thanks guys it turns out there were two different games packages the difference being Forza 3 and Fortnite.

The Forza 3 one was sold out in most places but a bit more availability for the Fortnite pack.

Appreciate everyone's input!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 23:04

Quote:

It turns out theres a hack with this. If you buy 3 years worth of X box Live months subscription you can convert them to Game Pass months on a one for one basis on the offer.

I found a deal with CdKey.com where I was able to pick up 36 months xbox live gold for just over £100 and then took the £1 GamePass trial and converted my Live Gold months to GamePass months. Looks like it has saved over £200 over the next 3 years.

Not sure how long this lasts for so might need to be quick if anyone is interested.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 05:11

You can also game share with a pal / family member to go halfers.

Worth reading up on as a bit of a grey area but i don't know anyone who has been banned for it yet.

Another small drawback is you are snookered if a license expires on a game and thus they are no longer allowed to sell it digitally. Not that much of a deal breaker but, Rory McIroy PGA Tour is a good example.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 08:07

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 2 Dec 23:04

Quote:

It turns out theres a hack with this. If you buy 3 years worth of X box Live months subscription you can convert them to Game Pass months on a one for one basis on the offer.

I found a deal with CdKey.com where I was able to pick up 36 months xbox live gold for just over £100 and then took the £1 GamePass trial and converted my Live Gold months to GamePass months. Looks like it has saved over £200 over the next 3 years.

Not sure how long this lasts for so might need to be quick if anyone is interested.

Aye, I did it in the summer. Didn't realise it was still available.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 11:17

Cheers TAFKA and that's a really good point on the licence. If it turns out I am actually using it enough to merit it, I guess I could always upgrade to the big boys version :-)

Nice on PA. Sounds like it might not be time limited then unless this was a BF special.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net