DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fallon Sherrock
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 21 Dec 22:17

Flying the flag for womens darts shes through to the next round knocking out the 11th seed. I personally don't see why they play separately anyway as it's not a sport where contact is made or that. Yes there is a bit of shouting and fist pumping but it's an equal playing field for males and females

Post Edited (Sun 22 Dec 01:03)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fallon Sherrock
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 12:39

Yeah big darts fan here and was well chuffed for her... Saw her play a few years back in Edinburgh and she has improved loads.

No physical advantage being a bloke in darts... only difference is that these boys have the advantage of playing in front of crowds like that in big important games loads, whereas fallon won't have that experience
Would love her to win in the next round as well
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 12:51

That's my point mate why not give women the same chance as the men. The prize money the men get is a big advantage where they can take it up full time and devote every hour of the day to home in there talents. Fallon is prof that if they get the chance on the mens stage women can hold there own. Imaging how good they could get if giving the chance to be able to practice and have it as a full time job like the guys
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 13:12

One very good reason why the women could struggle against the men.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46245993

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 14:10

Well done to her-finishing was outstanding.She has been playing on the men's development tour this year without much success but has obviously improved.The top women are full-time darts players but probably make most of their money from exhibitions.Can't see her getting past Dobey over the longer format-he will outscore her but hopefully she gives him a game.

Women can play on the PDC tour by going to qualifying school it's just none of them have ever got through. Sherrock and Ashton tried last year and will no doubt try again in January.Anastasia Dobromyslova was given an invitational tour card back in 2009.She left to go back to the women's game as she made more at the top end of that than going out early in the men's game

There's a young girl called Beau Greaves who has qualified for the ladies World Champs in January and is actually the 6th seed.She is only 15 and hit a 9 darter earlier this year so will be worth watching her.This year's women's will probably be best ever standard wise.On the men's side 13 year old Leighton Bennett qualified and is already in BDO top 20-won't be long before we see him in PDC.

Post Edited (Sun 22 Dec 14:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 20:32

I'd love to see the odds of her beating dobey. I reckon it's worth putting a fiver on her to win!

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 20:34

Noticed some bookies have odds 4-1 for a Fallon win. That's quite tempting.

KOZMA

Post Edited (Mon 23 Dec 19:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 21:26

I know she was 7/1 before a dart was thrown last night but come the walk ons she went to 2/1
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 22 Dec 21:27

William hill has her at 7/2 just now with Dobey at 1/5 on

Post Edited (Sun 22 Dec 21:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Mon 23 Dec 09:05

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Dec 19:00

If dobey is foolish enough to think he will smash her then he better be careful. Averages so far in the tournament have been nothing special and Fallon knows how to see out a game under pressure. I reckon she may still have more in the tank and she could see of dobey 4-2. I think dobey will fall apart when the crowd are against him.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Dec 19:57

Suljovic had crumbled before the game even started.He tried to completely change his style and throw faster, presumably to minimise the boos. If you are changing your action on the World Champ stage you are asking for trouble. Dobey averaged over 96 in his first game which is 6 points more than Sherrock,was in the last 16 last year and is on the way up.Hope Sherrock can take a set at least.Her finishing was outstanding and kudos to her if she can maintain that but harder over longer format and I can't see it. I'll go 4-1 Dobey.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Dec 21:42

Good win for Anderson there-looks to be playing injury free now.

The standard has been the best of the tournament today and some great matches going to deciders.Lewis showed signs of coming back to better form earlier in a 4-3 win. Ze Waan averaged over 106 beating Chisnall who averaged 101.75 and Anderson coming from behind with a 100 average.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 14:11

back in action as 3rd match in afternoon session today

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 16:19

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Mon 23 Dec 09:05

Dobey will smash her. 4-2

Shes ain't getting smashed shes holding her own again
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 16:42

Score was right unlucky not to be beaten 4-3 rather than the 4-2 but it certainly wasnt a drubbing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 17:25

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 17:39

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 18:20

Well done in the prediction of the correct score but it was hardly a "smashing" like you said. She was unlucky not to have gotten a 3 set
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 18:26

Fell well short? She was competive throughout and had some monster checkouts. She has blazed a trail that other women will now follow.

Post Edited (Fri 27 Dec 18:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 18:37

Once Dobey started hitting his doubles there was only one winner.He won 9 of the last 10 legs to take 3 sets in a row and was 11 points higher on the averages. Fair play to Sherrock, she's had a great tournament and the way she started the match I thought she was in with a chance but she faded and Dobey settled down.

Post Edited (Fri 27 Dec 18:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 20:11

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Dec 20:32

Talking of falling well short our own big John Henderson just got caned 4-0 by Price. The Iceman is surely in with a fine chance of being champion on that form.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 28 Dec 13:23

problem for Henderson is that it’s hot up on the oche. He faded badly and was sweating buckets in the last 2 sets when he looked like he’d rather be sitting down anywhere but on that stage.

He did well to get through a few rounds though but to unfit for the longer format on the big stage. Surprised he was seeded top 30, thought a lot of these older faces were disappearing from the game with all the young guns coming through? And hendo was never exactly a top 20 players.

It’s mvg or price for me, hopefully not price as his over celebrating and gamesmanship in the past leaves a sour taste.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 16:21

Snake bite through to the semis winning 5-3 with a 106 average

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 22:28

A mamoth 25/1 Price was with Bet Victor the week before the Grand Slam to win the Worlds then into 7/1 after he beat MVG.

Wright always flatters to decieve, much like Michael Smith, stats all look great and can be in red hot form then the big mental block comes when they eventually come up against MVG and he totally sh!ts the bed and bottles it. Should be a cracking semi final tomorrow !

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sun 29 Dec 22:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 22:39

Mvg versus Price could be an epic encounter.
Is the semis first to five as well?

Post Edited (Sun 29 Dec 22:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 22:47

Hoping Aspinall can upset the apple cart.Put him up on the betting forum as a 50/1 shot in May.Semis are first to 6.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 21:53

Peter wright puts out the gob s**t price having not played great
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:07

Yeah it was a very testy match with Price and Wright not shaking hands afterwards or even acknowledging each other. Wright is such a likeable fella and it would be great to see him win it.

Post Edited (Mon 30 Dec 22:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:27

It all started on stage tonight after wright won the first set then it was ready to blow up from there. But I'm sure price set it up in the pre match with comments about wright not having a chance etc. If MVG plays like he is just now wright has more than enuff to win I think

Post Edited (Mon 30 Dec 22:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:27

MVG only hitting 44% of his doubles just now
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:43

Problem with MVG as far as Wright goes is that if Wright turns up with his A game then MVG will be inspired by that and then finds another gear.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:47

Very true. MVG hasn't been his usual self in these championship though. If only you won games on stats and avgs as Peter wright would of had this won before a dart was thrown tonight lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Jan 20:17

Good final so far
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Jan 20:27

If Wright can keep doing what he is doing and. Mvg doesn't start hitting his doubles then Snakebite will be champ.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Jan 21:09

Get in there! Scotland gets another champion of the world.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 1 Jan 21:09

What a game! So chuffed for him!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 11:09

Fair play to Wright, as i said above i was one of the folks who thought he would bottle it against MVG. Spectacularly put that one to bed!

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 15:57

Good stuff to see a different winner and one of the old brigade come through particularly as he's Scottish and has bottled it a few times. Hopefully he goes on to keep winning and getting the better of Price. Gutted that Anderson seems to fallen so far from grace in recent years, injury etc seems to have taken its toll and he talks about not practicing so much now etc so the hunger has gone.

On the original topic, Sherrock has become the person to try and build the PDC up this year in their search for something new to get the punter through the door. She'll really need to improve to have any impact at all but it will be some roller coaster year for her now!

BDO moved venue and only sold 15% of the tickets for the tournament so have let players know the prize money will be much reduced. Anything with any aims of playing darts for a living might as well jump ship now. Expect another takeover attempt by the PDC soonand moves made to effectively make the DBO redundant....

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 18:42

This was the first year in 6 that Anderson hasn't reached the quarters at least.He still reached the 4th round despite only recently having back surgery and he won the World Cup in June with Wright.He's still in the top 5 players around imo. Even when he was winning titles he wasn't big on practice..There was talk that he hit back to back 9 darters in the practice room at the Worlds.

Sherrock probably won't get through Q-school again.Over the 3 days last year her best was getting to the last 128.She finished 205th overall on last years Challenge Tour(tour beneath the main tour).Hearn will use her as a cash cow for now though.I see she has been invited to all the World Series events and one of the Premier League nights-some of the males must be sick at that.I'm all for equality but you have to earn it-she is only the 4th best woman in the world.

It was good to see Wright winning-he was the best player throughout the tournament-although he did face a dart to go out in his first game.The signs were there though he set a world record average of 123.5 a couple of months ago.

Hearn has said he is willing to help the BDO as he sees the 'amateur game' as important!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 20:27

Hearn will have seen the $$$ spinning before his eyes as soon as the winning double went in against Evetts and you can guarantee he will squeeze every penny out of the added exposure it's generated.

Hope the lady gets just as much out of it financially as she can and drags out the purple patch as long as is possible.

Read earlier she is due to face Luca Toni (yes the ex Italy international, Fiorentina & Bayern Munich centre forward) in a tournament in the near future. Surreal !!

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jan 20:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 20:56

It's a celebrity pro-am later this month in Germany.There are 6 German celebs taking part.Rafael van der Vaart actually played in some BDO events last year
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jan 09:11

Lisa Ashton got through a field of 506 to get to the last 4 of Q school yesterday.She was one leg away from being the first woman to qualify by right to play on the men's tour losing 5-4.She is still in with a really good chance of making it though as she got to the last 32 the day before and sits 3rd overall in the Q school order of merit. Sherrock went out first round yesterday and was last 64 on day one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 18:37

Lisa Ashton has now qualified for the men's tour-well done to her.There on merit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/51166138
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net