DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 If I was God.....
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 19:31

If I was the all powerful, all seeing creator of the universe, I'd strike down every human being who was about to commit an evil act....

e.g. a quick, fatal heart attack to the man/woman on the point of murdering their partner, a paedophile about to abuse a child, a potential suicide bomber, someone on their way to carry out a mass shooting of innocent school children in an American school, you get the picture.

I fancy that would work quite well as a deterrent.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: If I was God.....
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 20:59

Sounds good to me. And if you were short-handed I'd volunteer to assist!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 21:08

It's one of the reasons why I don't believe in the Biblical God. A moral God would build in some limits. But as there are no limits to the harm humans can do to each other, no limits to suffering, and humans are clearly unfit for self-government - each of which points to an absence of design and supervision - I conclude that if there is a God it must be amoral, or there is no God.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 21:09

New Hollywood film - Riva Almighty?

Smite them, oh mighty smiter!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 21:12

Might sort out the population problem.Mind you any evil act might sort it out a bit too well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 22:02

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 15:34

"I fancy that would work quite well as a deterrent."

What about when you sneak a choc biccy out of the goodie tin after having promised otherwise to 'er indoors ?

That would be a self inflicted punishment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 16:53

Quote:

renegade master, Sun 9 Feb 22:02

No God would allow children to suffer cancer or any other life changing or mortal disease!

For that fact alone no god can or does exist!

I can completely empathise with your own situation, RM. To have your child diagnosed with cancer must be every parent's worst nightmare, but this thread wasn't meant to be a debate about the existence of a Creator.

Whether you're a believer, an agnostic or an atheist, we can fantasise as to how we would act in such a position - a bit like being asked what you would do if you won countless £millions in the Lottery.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 17:55

Ref: GG Riva
Mon 10 Feb 16:53

<<< Whether you're a believer, an agnostic or an atheist, we can fantasise as to how we would act in such a position >>>

OK, if I was God, I'd make it an instinct for us to be friendly towards our own species.

So everybody gets on, there's no crime. bullying, violence, oppression etc.

And everybody is motivated by the same thing that motivates most people now to be friendly towards their own family and friends. Only that motivation extends towards all people.

Seems easy to me, I don't know why a God wouldn't think of it. Oh, and no worshipping me. I'm not vain.

There'll be plenty of fun and festivals to celebrate life, but no religions, no need; no-one would even know about me. I'd do it all quietly in the background, requiring nothing in return - well I'm the one who's got everything.

And I'd really give WulliePar57 a Sammy the Tammy bunnet because I like tae make folk happy. 😅

Post Edited (Mon 10 Feb 18:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 21:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 10 Feb 16:53

Quote:

No God would allow children to suffer cancer or any other life changing or mortal disease!

, but this thread wasn't meant to be a debate about the existence of a Creator.

Have a feeling GG...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 08:11

Quote:

Grant, Mon 10 Feb 21:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 10 Feb 16:53

Quote:

, but this thread wasn't meant to be a debate about the existence of a Creator.

Have a feeling GG...

Is it deep inside your soul, Grant? 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 08:18

Quote:

onandupthepars, Mon 10 Feb 17:55

Ref: GG Riva
Mon 10 Feb 16:53

<<< Whether you're a believer, an agnostic or an atheist, we can fantasise as to how we would act in such a position >>>

OK, if I was God, I'd make it an instinct for us to be friendly towards our own species.

So everybody gets on, there's no crime. bullying, violence, oppression etc.

And everybody is motivated by the same thing that motivates most people now to be friendly towards their own family and friends. Only that motivation extends towards all people.

Seems easy to me, I don't know why a God wouldn't think of it. Oh, and no worshipping me. I'm not vain.

There'll be plenty of fun and festivals to celebrate life, but no religions, no need; no-one would even know about me. I'd do it all quietly in the background, requiring nothing in return - well I'm the one who's got everything.

Right, based on your post, I'm going to try and convince God to take early retirement and do the things He's always wanted to do but has never found the time. If He agrees, the jobs yours, but a wee word of warning - most people are harmed in some way, even murdered, by members of their own family or close circle of friends....

What motivation would a perfect stranger have for harming you or me, unless they were some kind of evil nutter?

Post Edited (Tue 11 Feb 08:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 22:51

Thank you so much GG, I would love to help God and give him a rest.
If he would take retirement I would respectfully say thank you very much God, but I hope you agree it's time for some new ideas.

You know things are bound to need a bit of freshening up after 13.8 billion years with one ruler . Let's face it, we need some changes here on Earth.

No need to worry about me GG - I've got no family and if I took on the job, I wouldn't have any except myself - after all, I'd be my own son, father and, some would say, both male and female - I'd be all one tae me!

I was thinking one of the first things I'd do is write a more accessible book; instead of being about a particular group of people and life AFTER DEATH, it’d be more about the world and living life to the full in ways that folk readily understand.

Imagine if, instead o' worshippin' and venerating me, folk were tae have similar feelings for life and this wonderful, precious world.

I do hope the auld yin will see sense and take a break.

If you never hear from me again you'll know I'm toast!

Post Edited (Tue 11 Feb 22:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 23:46

Quote:

onandupthepars, Tue 11 Feb 22:51

Thank you so much GG, I would love to help God and give him a rest.
If he would take retirement I would respectfully say thank you very much God, but I hope you agree it's time for some new ideas.

You know things are bound to need a bit of freshening up after 13.8 billion years with one ruler . Let's face it, we need some changes here on Earth.

No need to worry about me GG - I've got no family and if I took on the job, I wouldn't have any except myself - after all, I'd be my own son, father and, some would say, both male and female - I'd be all one tae me!

I was thinking one of the first things I'd do is write a more accessible book; instead of being about a particular group of people and life AFTER DEATH, it’d be more about the world and living life to the full in ways that folk readily understand.

Imagine if, instead o' worshippin' and venerating me, folk were tae have similar feelings for life and this wonderful, precious world.

I do hope the auld yin will see sense and take a break.

If you never hear from me again you'll know I'm toast!

Both male and female????? Ye mean neither male nor female ya roaster.
I think if you were God you would have complete understanding of all the complexities and reasons why the bad stuff happens and you would follow exactly the same plan. Whatever that is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 02:30

PARrot,

See new thread: 'Discussing issues of religion'

Post Edited (Wed 12 Feb 02:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 00:15

https://youtu.be/UpzCM1aitHw

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 09:35

ref: from PARrot's hot-link
Thu 13 Feb 00:15

<<<If I Ruled the World
Harry Secombe

If I ruled the world
Every man would be as free as a bird
Every voice would be a voice to be heard
Take my word, we would treasure each day that occurred

My world would be a beautiful place
Where we would weave such wonderful dreams
My world would wear a smile on its face
Like the man in the moon has when the moon beams

If I ruled the world
Every man would say the world was his friend
There'd be happiness that no man could end
No my friend, not if I ruled the world

Every head would be held up high
There'd be sunshine in everyone's sky
If the day ever dawned when I ruled the world >>>

No 'bad stuff' there. A strange song for a Christian to promote or sing though, as I reckon he'd have to make a few changes to God's plan, not least the bit about destroying the world !

Post Edited (Thu 13 Feb 09:43)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net