DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Edinburgh Bus Lanes
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 19:24

After spending five and a half hours at the Western General with my daughter Claire ..... mentioned on the Corona Virus thread ..... I got a letter from ECC yesterday with pictures of my car nabbed in a bus lane down the shore in Leith £60 fine or pay now for £30 ...I've paid... but the young man in my old body wants to go and contest it ...There was road works ..vans double parked...yet they singled out my car which had no where to go except the road available ?...No Happy :-(

So beware anyone travelling to and from the Salamander St area to get to Ferry Rd or indeed on the return going straight across at the end of Ferry Rd to the Shore ....Grrrrrr
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Edinburgh Bus Lanes
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 20:07

Appeal it. Ideally you should've appealed before paying. When you appeal, the ticket goes on hold so the £30/60 2 week thing doesn't apply. Definitely, 100% appeal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 20:23

Ach jake89 good advice ...and thank you...but too late ...paid the £30 ....never knew the appeal part... think they are taking the P to be honest but hey ho at least Claire is on the mend
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 22:18

Trouble is those cameras are automatic so if roadworks etc they'll still take pics.They'll cancel for this sort of thing but the way they look at it is if you pay then bingo another win.
I'd still send an appeal explaining the situation and they might repay.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 22:33

Thanks donj will give it a go
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 23:05

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 23:20

No rm I am in North Berwick I knew about the bus lane going into the turn off for Ferry Rd but did not know about the one on the shore Rd I honestly think they are taking advantage of drivers who do not have a clue what the rules are re the lanes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 07:46

Definitely do appeal retrospectively. No harm in trying it. If they reject it, contact Adam McVey (Council leader) and tell him you love trams and the SNP.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net