DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The gypsy King wins
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 07:44

Against Wilder...
Wow...
Did anyone watch it?
Was Fury as good as they're saying or did Wilder just have an off day?

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The gypsy King wins
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 08:33

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 08:57

Jay Deas saying that he didnt agree with the Assistant Coach's decision to throw in the towel.

Someone is getting sacked in the morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 09:31

Fury came at him from the start and Wilder was largely hanging on from about the second round.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 10:14

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Deontay_Wilder_vs_Tyson_Fury_II_Full_Fight_Boxing_Part_2/10343487

It's in three parts but they're all underneath video

Post Edited (Sun 23 Feb 10:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 10:35

Wilder took a thrashing. Maybe an even better performance than when Lewis went to Memphis and thumped Tyson in three rounds in 2002?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 10:39

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 10:39

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 12:28

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 13:22

Would love to see Fury v Joshua but think Fury would have way too much for him.

Might be wrong but think there was a trilogy clause inserted into that fight so Wilder might get first bite at cherry. If he fancies it that is which there is no guarantees after that comprehensive a beating
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 14:19

No real attraction for Fury to fight Wilder again.
Joshua is the man he wants so he can win all the belts.
No way Joshua will beat him.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 14:29

Fury said before the fight that there is a rematch clause as the money was too good for either boxer to turn it down. What Wilder needs to do is fight someone else, get another victory under his belt so he can sell the prospect of a serious contest against Fury to the public for the rematch. In the meantime Fury fights AJ and I wouldnt be so sure that Fury would find it as easy against Joshua as many seem to think.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 14:46

Wilder has 30 days to activate the rematch clause. If he does active the rematch clause I can only see it going the same way as last night. Wilder had no answer to furys tactics of walking him down and and grappling making wilder tire under the frame of fury. Wilder also went into last nights fight at his heaviest ever weight he may come out and say that was a factor slowing him down, but it was there for the world to see wilder scrapped a draw in the first fight against a man who was out the game for a while the was schooled last night
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 15:06

Quote:

DBP, Sun 23 Feb 10:14

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Deontay_Wilder_vs_Tyson_Fury_II_Full_Fight_Boxing_Part_2/10343487

It's in three parts but they're all underneath video

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 16:00

Fury will absolutely destroy AJ
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 21:19

Fair play to Fury.

Came out and stated from the beginning that the switch in trainer was to try and change up his style and go for a knockout so that there was no chance of being screwed over again if it went to a judges' scorecard.

Everyone thought that was a bit of kidology and mind games on his part and then you had people doubting the extra weight he put on and questioning what shape he was actually in as he didn't take his top off during the weigh in.

In the end it was exactly what it said on the tin. Extra weight for extra power and going for the stoppage which he duly did. Some performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 21:22

He called it before the fight
I will bully the bully
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 16:15

Really hope Fury fights AJ next but it will most likely be the trilogy fight against Wilder. I would expect Fury to beat Joshua but it wont be as easy as his last fight against Wilder. Wilder has one weapon, if you can get in close and keep the pressure on him without giving him a chance to tee off at range then he is beatable - technically there are a lot of heavyweights in the division that are better than him. Wilder's punch is an equaliser and he only needs to win 1 second of a fight to get the outcome. Credit to Fury though, he barely put a foot wrong and applied constant pressure and didn't give Wilder a sniff.

AJ is technically far superior to Wilder, he showed in his last fight against Ruiz that he can box at range and pick the right shots and it was a very disciplined display. He is up there with the hardest punchers in the division and is very good up close - if he can catch Fury clean he could take him out. Having said that, whenever AJ has been caught he has looked in trouble.

What gives Fury the edge is that he is very hard to hit, his movement and sheer size makes it hard to land many punches at all. Fury is also brilliant at dictating the tempo of a fight. If he fights AJ, in the later rounds he would be the fitter man (AJ tends to gas quickly if he steps up the pressure and doesn't get the KO). Fury has the better skillset better stamina, better chin and is the bigger man which is why he wins imo.

It's the fight British fans want to see. A fight at Old Trafford or Wembley would be brilliant and sell out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 16:29

Hope not, don't think they'd be much interest in fury wider 3... Be a hard one to sell. Wilder should beat one or two folk who are decent, let fury fight Joshua, and one of them unify the belts and then wilder potentially have a go at the winner (providing he mauls one or two good contenders first to get some credibility first)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 16:35

There is a third fight clause (apparently) and if activated it will happen... As much as I'd love to see AJ vs Fury I think its probably a while away.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:18

Money talks though. Agree Wilder has no credability left for third fight as i think in most peoples eyes he has really lost both of the previous fights. Wonder if they could pay him off not to trigger the clause.
If Fury v AJ does happen will prob end up being in Saudi Arabia where they will get silly money to stage it there. That is if Fury doesnt just decide to walk away from boxing altogether.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:31

It seems strange that we thought we were in a bit of a golden age for heavyweights and now it turns outs Wilder wasn't as good as we thought and it seemingly AJ would be destroyed by Fury.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:36

Certainly no golden age from where I am standing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:41

I think to say Wilder has no credibility left is pushing it a bit.
Fact is... He's had two (although the latest defeat was very one sided) defeats.
He's still third in the rankings I think.
He still has plenty to offer the division if he so wishes.
But will he want to get back in the ring with Fury quickly?
I wouldn't blame him if he wanted a few fights first... Then he can focus on Fury again... Or AJ.
Incidentally... All these different versions of the title... Which one carries the most juice?
And which one is the equivalent of the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer cup?
I used to know all this back in the day of Tyson, Lewis etc. But that was a long time ago 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:47

Historically the WBC title, the one that Fury now holds, was considered the most prestigious.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 09:31

Deontay Wilder has blamed his elaborate ring-walk costume for his WBC heavyweight title defeat by Tyson Fury.

"Fury didn't hurt me at all, but the simple fact is that my uniform was way too heavy for me,"

Wilder said the costume, which featured armour, a mask and a crown, weighed at least 40 pounds (18.1kg) and was a tribute to Black History Month.

"I didn't have no legs from the beginning of the fight - in the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through," added Wilder.

"I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before but I didn't think it was going to be that heavy.

Thus is some excuse fury still would have beaten him without a doubt legs or not fury gave him no chances to throw the big right hand apart from when he caught fury in the first round where fury shrugged it off
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 09:49

Poor bloke is concussed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 10:42

Now I've heard it all!

heavy weight boxer battered in the ring because his fancy dress costume he wore for a couple of mins about 10 mins before fight started was too heavy! 😂 😂 😂

Post Edited (Tue 25 Feb 10:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 10:42

Quote:

ipswichpar, Tue 25 Feb 09:49

Poor bloke is concussed

Apparently not no burst ear drums or that either just some stitches lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 10:46

Quote:

Pars_1986, Tue 25 Feb 10:42

Quote:

ipswichpar, Tue 25 Feb 09:49

Poor bloke is concussed

Apparently not no burst ear drums or that either just some stitches lol

It is the stitches and threads that caused the problem. Ironic eh?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 14:12

To be honest I thought the costume he arrived him wouldn't help him much. It did look over elaborate and took his team ages to get off him. There were loads of hooks and clips to deal with. It seemed to me like an unnecessary distraction at a time he needed to be focusing his mind fully on what was about to happen
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 14:22

Get away!

If you cant focus as a sportsman when the whistle or Bell goes then you shouldn't be in the game as a professional... Lots of sports folk have walk ons with music, sing alongs etc but can't remember anyone trying to blame their own walk on before for a poor performance or in this case, quite literally getting thumped
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 14:28

Post Edited (Tue 25 Feb 14:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 14:42

I remember Naseem and his entourage banging on about a rematch clause after being whooped by Barrera when, in reality, they didn't want to go anywhere near that again.

Be surprised if Wilder goes through with this despite the early chat.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 15:40

He'll be wanting a few mill to not use his clause and step aside for the AJ fight... Could get a nice second pay day for nowt
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 16:24

Good lad!👍

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/boxer-donated-9-million-purse-from-fight-to-house-the-homeless/#.XlQXmSypY1t.twitter
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 17:37

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 25 Feb 16:24

Good lad!👍

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/boxer-donated-9-million-purse-from-fight-to-house-the-homeless/#.XlQXmSypY1t.twitter

This was from the last fight against wilder but well done all the same pitty more people weren't like him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 15:03

Will all the complete p**h wilder is spouting now hope he gets absolutely sparked out in the 3rd fight if it happens.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net