DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Hunters
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 14:13

Anyone been watching it on Prime?

Al Pacino, essentially set in 1977 and some of those that survived Auschwitz are hunting down Nazi’s who are hiding in plain sight in the US who have the aim of introducing a fourth reich.

I’m half way through it and well it’s bizarre to say the least and can’t tell if I’m really enjoying it or not. Almost switched it off after the first 5 minutes.

It has obviously the serious element but almost a lighthearted almost comedic tone to it at times as well.

Like I say bizarre but likely with only few episodes left I’ll stick with it.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Hunters
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 14:18

So it's not based on actual events then Berry?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 15:03

I’ve not watched it yet but “Nazi Hunters” and “comedy” makes me think of Inglorious B@stards which was a brilliant film.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 17:07

There’s a lot of fiction and plot lines are invented but there is a very loose tie in with true stories.

Comedy is maybe the wrong word to use as it’s not laugh out loud funny, it’s almost like a group of Jews turn comic hero’s to hunt down Nazis with flashbacks to made up storylines at Auschwitz.

It’s worth a watch but it’s one that I reckon would split the crowd.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net