DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Orlando Villa Rental
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 17:48

Looking to rent a good 3-4 bed villa reasonably close to Universal Studios for October School holidays. Need a screened pool, bbq area etc.

Looking at all the usual rental websites but wondered if anyone on here knows of any little gems.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Orlando Villa Rental
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 18:01

Have a look at the dibb forum. If you register you then are allowed to post your criteria, and villa owners can make you offers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 19:35

Cheers thanks for that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 21:24

Not many villas with a screened pool up near universal. Would recommend the Formosa gardens area. So emerald island Windsor palms etc and prob as close to universal as you can get.

HomeAway and vr360homes are my usual go to, If they have plenty of reviews I will email them and do a deal direct as can save up to 20%. Don’t bother if it’s the management companies tho.

Second the dibb too. We got this years villa through Facebook. It’s looks free in October it’s on holidaylettings ref 136065 or Facebook under mickeysclubhouseflorida. Make sure you get the pool heat included in negotiated price upfront as Some owners charge and arm and leg for it.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

Post Edited (Sun 23 Feb 21:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 08:45

As Berkley said. I found our place on homeaway and also on holiday lettings. However the owner had their own website so booked through that, which was 300 quid cheaper than homeaway, etc.

Not too much of a risk, as homeaway feedback etc was really good, and they were also on the dibb.

Not sure I'd book privately without convincing feedback on homeaway, etc.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 08:53

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g34169-d2006826-Lake_View_Villa_Orlando-Davenport_Florida.html

That's our one.

First time in Florida so quite excited.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 09:11

Looks good parforthecourse, it’s quite a long way from disney etc with loads of traffic lights to negotiate along the 192 so make sure you look up the sherbeth road shortcut if your going into disney!

If you’ve not booked you car yet, I’d recommend alamo as you can do online check in then skip the counter so arrive and go straight to the garage rather than have the pleasure of queuing for the hard sell. Netflights have the best prices For alamo just now, loads of info and hints and tips on thedibb.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:06

Thanks guys.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:50

I have used DFCH for car hire every time going to Orlando, Andy who runs it is brilliant, you can book car hire and pay monthly if you want, if the price drops call him and he will amend the booking at no cost and refund the difference within a couple of days, I have saved a fortune doing this, you can do online check in, print your voucher and walk straight to the garage

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwiuy5eMnOrnAhURbcAKHZlHC20QFjAEegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1Bzffz202f2nRphA3SItOE&cshid=1582548385578
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 14:29

He’s great Alf, he’s got a new website so you can rebook it yourself if it drops!

I had a booking with him to start with but netflights dropped price so came in £30 cheaper plus £20 Quidco in the end so took that. You get free cancellation with them too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 14:31

Quote:

Alf, Mon 24 Feb 12:50

I have used DFCH for car hire every time going to Orlando, Andy who runs it is brilliant, you can book car hire and pay monthly if you want, if the price drops call him and he will amend the booking at no cost and refund the difference within a couple of days, I have saved a fortune doing this, you can do online check in, print your voucher and walk straight to the garage

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwiuy5eMnOrnAhURbcAKHZlHC20QFjAEegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1Bzffz202f2nRphA3SItOE&cshid=1582548385578

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 15:50

Home and Away ramped up their commission about a year ago, we normally go through them for our Tenerife accommodation but now contact the owner directly. Well cheaper!🤔
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net