DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Is anyone self isolating?
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 09:24

I work nightshift and on Monday night I developed a bit of a cough nothing to serious, but probably the best way to describe it would be infrequent and dry. I then woke up on Tuesday afternoon with a fever, I took my temperature and it was sitting at 38.1°. I took some paracetamol and slept through the night till about 5am when I woke up I was still roasting but had some coffee and some more paracetamol. My temperature is sitting at 37.2 just and I feel fine apart from a very mild headache. Is anyone else having these kind of symptoms?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Is anyone self isolating?
Topic Originator: biggrizz  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 12:40

I finish my isolation today. I have been rough from the 1st of March. My temperature was 40.1 at its worst.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 12:59

feels like i am. rarely been out since last wednesday but due to working from home and events being cancelled. work from home trial turned into full remote working until easter. Events/training/flights in coming weeks all cancelled.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 13:43

Mine back upto 38.0 now after paracetamol has worn off. Headache is getting worse too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 15:41

Daughter ill since Thu last week. Still a bit washed out today. Had a high temp, cough, very sore throat, some muscle pain. I can see why it's a problem for the old or ill; quite nasty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 15:53

Problem here is you don't know if that's Coronavirus or just a bad cold. My wife and I both had the symptoms of Coronavirus back when there were no cases in the UK. Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. No idea as no tests.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 17:10

Wife has had symptoms since start of year, after 4 weeks of coughing went to the Doc who sent her for xrays, which were all clear.

That's after flu jabs and cough medicine, slightly cleared up and of course sharing it with me, all before the word Coronavirus was invented.

Without testing, how do you know?

Both of us over 60 and not exactly out and mixing every day.

My 90year old mother says it's a load of bollo**s, Hitler's bombs were a bigger threat!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 17:41

Quote:

jake89, Wed 18 Mar 15:53

Problem here is you don't know if that's Coronavirus or just a bad cold. My wife and I both had the symptoms of Coronavirus back when there were no cases in the UK. Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. No idea as no tests.

If this was around late November into December it is perfectly possible you've had it. We were all ill in our house around then. I was the worst, wife was not quite as bad and daughter was very mild.
As an in remission cancer patient I visited the clinic at hospital. They advised I had a virus but couldn't tell me what strain... Symptoms were exactly coronavirus though and it all cleared up in about 2 weeks..
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 17:44

Quote:

jake89, Wed 18 Mar 15:53

My wife has said the same thing. Just before Christmas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 17:46

What’s everyone doing about a hair cut?

Beginning to look like a farmer and having the wife do it fills me with dread....

You can’t say I duck the important questions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 17:49

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 18:33

There was a bad birus going round about the tail end of last year.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 18:57

It is too early for it to be that I reckon. With the transmission being what it is, it would have swamped the NHS long before now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 07:09

What's weird about us being ill as both my son's were the same but one worse. He went to the GP and the GP remarked that loads of people had had long running coughs and nothing to worry about as "something's going around".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 14:28

The older version first detected in December is apparently less aggressive so it may be that it was here and we didn't know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8073543/TWO-strains-killer-coronavirus-spreading-study-claims.html

Obviously that's complete speculation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 17:20

My daughter also was very poorly before during and 4 weeks after Christmas

She was in Italy in the October (coincidence ?)

Any way she ended up in the Western General and they did all the tests and at first thought it was pneumonia but changed the diagnosis to full blown flu

She is convinced she had the Corona
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParCrombie  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 19:18

I have just returned from Thailand. Funnily enough, the airport in Phuket and Dubai are screening passengers as they enter the airport, got into Scotland today and nothing. The UK have missed the boat on this one

Edit: turns out there are 2 category lists for those returning. Category 1 is to self-isolate if you return from: Iran, Italy, Hubei and Daegu or Cheongdo. Doesnt matter if you have symptoms or not. Category 2 is only if you are showing symptons and have returned from Cambodia, China*, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas-with-implications-for-returning-travellers-or-visitors-arriving-in-the-uk

Post Edited (Fri 20 Mar 10:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 20:29

Anyone have experience of how it effects kids?

The reason i'm asking as my wee girl has managed to have contracted swine flu and tonsilitis in her six years so far....both routine enough but on each occassion it's been that severe she's ended up in hospital for a few days due to the common denominator being her temp sky rocketed to 40+ and calpol / ibuprofen wouldn't even make a dent in it.....so i'm a wee bit concerned in that sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 23:23

TAFKA, I am only a semi-expert, but it sounds like your wee girl is highly likely to be fine if she catches this one so you shouldn't worry too much.

Flu viruses are known to affect the very young and very old quite badly so it isn't unusual that she got a high fever with H1N1.
Tonsillitis is a bugger and bacterial infections can do that too.
This virus doesn't seem to do much to kids, thankfully, so I'd be surprised if she had a problem.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 20:13

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Thu 19 Mar 23:23

TAFKA, I am only a semi-expert, but it sounds like your wee girl is highly likely to be fine if she catches this one so you shouldn't worry too much.

Flu viruses are known to affect the very young and very old quite badly so it isn't unusual that she got a high fever with H1N1.
Tonsillitis is a bugger and bacterial infections can do that too.
This virus doesn't seem to do much to kids, thankfully, so I'd be surprised if she had a problem.

Thanks for taking time to reply in such detail, much appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net