DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Julian Assange
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 22:02

Bail application refused...not surprisingly. Still banged up in Belmarsh. Has been convicted of nothing.

Even the Iranians have let Zaghari Ratcliffe our temporarily during the Corona virus emergency.

A couple of quotes below from Craig Murray’s excellent blog.

>>If the authorities now refuse to allow him out on bail during the Covid-19 outbreak, I do not see how anybody can possibly argue there is any intention other than to cause his death.

Should Assange die in a UK prison, as the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture has warned, he will effectively have been tortured to death. Much of that torture will have taken place in a prison medical ward, on doctors’ watch. The medical profession cannot afford to stand silently by, on the wrong side of torture and the wrong side of history, while such a travesty unfolds.<<
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Julian Assange
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 22:43

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 00:02

I think the question is why is he being held on remand at Belmarsh, a high security prison designed to hold what are usually called 'terrorists,' if he is not a danger to the UK public.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 09:35

It's also a local prison holding inmates of all categories from Southwest London and Essex.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 09:45

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 12:46

Didn't Assange land in jail for breaching previous bail conditions ?

So he has been convicted of something ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 14:13

Think he may have breached bail when he holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy.

Following Craig Murray’s blog on Assanges treatment it does seem way over the top, just like a terrorist. Cooped up 23 hours a day in a prison cell court appearance handcuffed, and psychological torture.....apparently.

It is fair to say he is being treated inhumanely.

Maybe the U.K. could allow him to be extradited if the American woman who killed the lad on the motorcycle is sent over here to face charges?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 15:27

^^^^ That story died a death, last time I noticed something about it, was she not a Secret Agent?🤔
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net