DAFC.net
Home 26 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 dates.twins.hurray
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 10 Apr 13:56

No, dates.twins.hurray is not a spectacular lockdown-breaking boast but the what3words address for nine square metres on the way into the emporium at East End. Just inside is lines.dozen.soup but, unfortunately, once.ticket.issued is on the pitch not somewhere between kiosk and turnstile.

The what3words GPS app, that is being adopted by the emergency services, divides the entire surface of the planet into a grid of squares. Each square measures 3 metres by 3 metres and is given a unique random three-word address.

The links above will take you to a map view but it gets much more interesting if you click the satellite view in the top left and the unlock "X" in the top right - that lets you move the map around and see what other squares are called. You can also zoom in and out.

pars.pars.pars is in Turkey, not too far from Izmir. It looks like there's a four letter minimum for the words used which has spoiled many of the things I've looked for, like east.end.park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: dates.twins.hurray
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Fri 10 Apr 15:19

Where does it take you when you type in too.much.acid.?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 10 Apr 16:22

nowhere given its minimun 4 letter words. An incredible piece and has no doubt saved hundreds of lives. Have this on my phone for hill events etc and being up ochils/lomands/pentlands and potentially not sure where i am if in need of any assistance

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 10 Apr 17:58

eck.ses.lsd?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net