DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Celebrities and caronavirus
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 08:13

Getting a bit fed up of all these celebs doing stuff to "help" us feel better.

To me it's just a self publicity exercise to try and justify their existence. Let's face it they are probably the least useful people in the current situation.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Celebrities and caronavirus
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 08:17

Ach as much as I despise the whole "celeb" thing.... They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Hey at least they're not just feigning illness and hiding away for a couple of weeks eh...
As if anyone would do that.... Would they? 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 08:37

"Let's face it they are probably the least useful people in the current situation."

The vast majority of these alleged celebrities are the least useful people in society - period.

Maybe if they went out and did something practically useful in this crisis.........

For example, back at the time of 9/11, the actor Steve Buscemi, a former New York fireman, returned to the city and (without publicity ambition) volunteered to work out of his former station again, putting in 12 hour rescue shifts.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/9-11-twin-towers-steve-buscemi-fire-fighter-world-trade-center-terrorism-aftermath-pictures-a8530556.html

Post Edited (Mon 20 Apr 08:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 09:21

It might not be the celebs you were aiming your post at but loads of DJs are contributing to virtual festivals or doing live streams which is giving dance music fans a huge amount of content to watch and I've had access to loads of music I've never heard before across loads of sub genres of dance music.

Most of them have also been raising funds for corona virus relief funds and a few have made some decent amounts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 09:37

If they paid their UK taxes it might make them better people, just remember that they are all probably BUPA subscribers as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 10:21

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/bon-jovi-washes-dishes-at-his-soul-kitchen-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 10:35

If these celebrities are with bupa then they won't be a burden on the nhs then.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 11:03

Quote:

widtink, Mon 20 Apr 08:17

Ach as much as I despise the whole "celeb" thing.... They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Hey at least they're not just feigning illness and hiding away for a couple of weeks eh...
As if anyone would do that.... Would they? 🤣

There are some who are just doing their normal stuff on twitter and Instagram etc. That's fine. It's the ones pushing themselves into the public eye when they are not needed
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 12:04

Ach I get your drift... And I'm certainly not here to defend them.
This is a massive pr opportunity for so called "celebs" though... And you can bet they'll take it.
(it's probably tax deductible too lol)
Even U2 gave money to fight covid-19 in Ireland... Not just Bonio btw... The whole band.
Maybe they meant to keep it hush hush... Hmmm 🤔 nah I doubt it.
But in the end... If these superstars from tvfilmmusicland want to give dosh, surely it's not a bad thing.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 12:47

'If these celebrities are with bupa then they won't be a burden on the nhs then'

How many doctors does BUPA train each year? Approximately none.
How many nurses does BUPA train each year? Approximately none.

They cherry pick what has been invested by the taxpayer, then have the chutzpah to turn round and claim they are taking the pressure off the NHS.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 14:59

Was working for SKY when broadband was launched and one of their perks was BUPA cover. I was having problems with my shoulder joint and was referred to the Vic where they decided I needed an operation. I was told 8 month wait for Mr Sharma to do the keyhole surgery, so I went to Murrayfield Hospital and there was THE Mr Sharma, looking at his diary and saying he could fit me in within the fortnight.
Operation done and dusted and then onto private physio paid by BUPA again, back working in 4 weeks!

Later on my wife went to get treatment at Murrayfield, once again through BUPA courtesy of SKY.

Mixed with the rich for a short while!

And you all wonder why your TV bills are so high!🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 19:14

"They cherry pick what has been invested by the taxpayer, then have the chutzpah to turn round and claim they are taking the pressure off the NHS."

Aye, and when something goes amiss in a BUPA centre the patient is whisked off to the nearest NHS facility for treatment.

"And you all wonder why your TV bills are so high"

If you knew the monthly bonuses that some call centre staff sales staff are raking in you would be speechless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 19:43

There’s a reason why the private appointments are evenings or weekends

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 19:44

It was (still is?) an incredible benefit of working at Sky. Their thinking is they'd rather have you back in 2 weeks than 6. Makes sense for them. I'm sure there used to be an in-house physio too. Only worked at Sky a short while but it was great. Worked at Bank of Scotland before it and that place was awful.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 21:06

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 20 Apr

If you knew the monthly bonuses that some call centre staff sales staff are raking in you would be speechless.

Aye, worked nightshift 3 nights a week, guy next to me could sell sand to the Arabs, he was making 36K a year, that was 6 years ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 21:08

"If you knew the monthly bonuses that some call centre staff sales staff are raking in you would be speechless."

Unless its changed pretty significantly since I was there the actual salary wasnt spectacular so although the bonuses could be big (relatively speaking), the sales staff weren't on mega bucks.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net