DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bill Gates plan to "dim the sun".
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 4 May 15:50

Now that this has gone mainstream what are peoples thoughts on messing with nature in this way and should money and power give him the right to?
That and his vaccinate the world plan that isn't going away....again what gives money the right to impose it's will?
What could possibly go wrong with nano particles getting sprayed in the sky?

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bill Gates plan to "dim the sun".
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 4 May 16:00

Seems like a risky plan. Get that wrong and the repercussions for parts if not the whole planet could be severe.

I think there are better ways to reduce climate change but there are too many bams financially attached to areas that need to be phased out.

Post Edited (Mon 04 May 21:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 4 May 16:28

Just keep the lockdown in place for 5 years and the earth will sort itself out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 4 May 18:01

The Simpsons predicted this one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 4 May 18:26

moviescot has nailed it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 4 May 18:36

I mind reading about this back in 2018 ish... Is he finally going to do it?
It's all a bit "nutty professor" innit đŸ€Ł

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 4 May 18:56

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 4 May 15:50

Now that this has gone mainstream what are peoples thoughts on messing with nature in this way and should money and power give him the right to?
That and his vaccinate the world plan that isn't going away....again what gives money the right to impose it's will?
What could possibly go wrong with nano particles getting sprayed in the sky?

We've been messing with nature for far too long rasta, it'd be nice if we could do it in a way which doesn't ruin the earth.

If putting particles in the sun achieves that then I'm all for it tbh, however I don't see how we could definitely guarantee it'd be safe, or what the long lasting effects would be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 4 May 19:25

Mother Earth and Nature know what they are doing

We are the ones who have destroyed whole species of animals and fish
Caused Earth to cough and splutter with our greed and corruption dumping chemicals into rivers and seas and polluting the atmosphere

Why oh why does anyone think they know better or can influence Nature or change its course

Leave well alone or she will come back and bite you
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 4 May 20:56

These particles in the sky will have to come down at some point...we breathing them in?

If it goes wrong...well...Gates will have got legal protection from prosecution, money gets you that...can also buy you a bit of bunker to run to if need be.

The question though is what gives him the right?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 4 May 21:04

I think it seems OK as an emergency measure one day when we are clearly screwed, but the focus should really be on sorting out the causes of the problem.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 May 22:44

This is a group of scientists in Harvard who have been researching this idea. It works in a similar way to a volcanic eruption. It sounds a bit mad. There are planes required which would need to be built. Most of the developed countries would have to contribute to make it feasible. We can't even agree on how to deal with a virus, I really don't see this happening

When Filipino volcano Mount Pinatubo erupted in 1991 it caused the atmospheric temperature to drop by 0.5c.

So what we really need to happen is for lockdown to restrict our movements for another few years and get a few volcanoes to erupt.

All the earth needs is a breather from us for a few years not some mad Harvard scientists.

But when you can't even get Americans to obey lockdown to save their lives how do get them to reduce their carbon footprint
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 4 May 22:50

Ref : aaaaaaaaaargh
Mon 4 May 21:04

<<< the focus should really be on sorting out the causes of the problem.>>>

Causes

According to contributers on the video, 'Planet of the Humans' -

Causes are over-consumption of Energy, and population increase. World Energy consumption is increasing even without population increase but increasing faster because of it.

How can they be reduced? Any good ideas for ways in which Humanity generally, and individuals, can consume less energy? Also ideas for how population growth can be stopped. Practical, workable ideas please.

Post Edited (Mon 04 May 22:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 May 23:34

If this virus has taught us one thing it's that we all work in incredibly inefficient ways. Years ago we were told Labour saving devices would involve us doing less work. All that's happened is we do less heavy or repetitive work but are working longer hours than ever before. We're commuting further than ever due to towns like Dunfermline becoming dormitory towns for the bigger cities. Ask yourself this, why are there thousands of people driving past land allocated for business to a business park on the outskirts of Edinburgh? What's the need to have all these people driving 15-20 miles? Obviously not everyone can work locally, but why do.we actively encourage economic development in the 7 cities whilst using the wider city regions only to meet housing allocation rates?

We need to look at work places being local to where the people are so they can use sustainable transport methods. The problem is each region looks at this with their own biases. Edinburgh have suggested bike buses as a solution. So you cycle to the bus station in Dunfermline, take your bike on the bus to Edinburgh and then cycle to your place of work in Edinburgh. This suits Edinburgh as it means jobs are retained in Edinburgh. But it isn't an efficient fix. The real solution would be that people in Dunfermline didn't have to go to Edinburgh in the first place. Let's face it, who is going to be happy being crammed onto the Hogwarts Express after all this? We need to the Scottish Government to grow a pair and look at solutions for Scotland rather just Glasgow and Edinburgh. They may be the biggest cities but most people don't live in them.

To be clear, there will always be particular jobs based around areas of high population but these should be few and far between.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Bill Gates plan to
Date:   Tue 5 May 00:49

Some good thinking there Jake.

Here's a good article from 13 March 2017 that seems to cover pretty much where Humanity's at with Energy:

The biggest Energy Challenges Facing Humanity (1)

Renewables are not going to replace fossil fuels any time soon apparently:

“By 2050 we will still be getting 75% of our energy from fossil fuels,... A critical issue for us will be to figure out how to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from those energy sources."

75% Fossil Fuels in 2050! Jeesh! Doesn't sound like much progress.

"Around a fifth of the world’s primary energy supply already comes from renewable sources such as wind, solar, hydro and geothermal. This sector is expected to continue growing by 2.6% each year until 2040."(2)

If renewables increase by 2.6% annually, I doubt very much if that would even keep up with the annual increase in World Energy demands.

OK - on the plus side: the article above says, better Energy storage will help, e.g. using some to make hydrogen. Also, since we're going to still be dependent on fossil fuels and 'dirty Energy', capturing emissions will need to be high on the agenda. And, instead of using Energy on demand, as we do now, we'll need to shift to using Energy when it's there.

From this article I don't see any big strides being made, it all still seems to be tinkering. I used to think Humanity will rise to the challenge and our ingenuity will see us through. I suppose as the Energy crisis deepens, necessity may be the Mother of Invention. Got to hope so.

(1) (https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20170313-the-biggest-energy-challenges-facing-humanity)

(2)(Strange that, because here we have a source claiming that, in 2017, 20% of world Energy was from renewables but, according to the figures I quoted in 'Planet of the Humans' thread, - said to be from the EIA - U.S, Govt Energy Information Administration - only 11% of the Energy was from renewables in 2018.)

Post Edited (Tue 05 May 01:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 01:31

Not a big fan of 'Dim the Sun'. Sounds like desperation time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 08:24

Bill Gates also claims that everyone hast to be vaccinated before public gatherings be allowed again....he's always very careful to add that there has to be legal protection for those making the vaccines.
He wants it mandatory, again what gives him the right.

TOWK you're a big fan of Gates Gates vaccination work....nothing yo say?

Post Edited (Tue 05 May 10:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 5 May 10:34

Feck knows what’s going on anymore, I remember reading a while ago that the earth was heading to a state of boxing itself in as there was so much space junk floating round and now we have Elon Musk firing satellites up like party poppers on New Year’s Eve.

Today I read one corona proposal is to jack up the prices of public transport to discourage their use and encourage shift patterns. All that does is hit the poorest hardest

On Bill Gates vaccinations I’ve not read much on that other than bampots thinking they are getting secretly implanted with microchips 🙄 However traditional anti-vaxxers are total bell ends so will see how that plays out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 11:07

Quote:

P, Tue 5 May 10:34

Feck knows what’s going on anymore, I remember reading a while ago that the earth was heading to a state of boxing itself in as there was so much space junk floating round and now we have Elon Musk firing satellites up like party poppers on New Year’s Eve.

Today I read one corona proposal is to jack up the prices of public transport to discourage their use and encourage shift patterns. All that does is hit the poorest hardest

On Bill Gates vaccinations I’ve not read much on that other than bampots thinking they are getting secretly implanted with microchips 🙄 However traditional anti-vaxxers are total bell ends so will see how that plays out.

I'm not talking about bring anti vaccination, I'm asking what...other than money...does Bill Gates have to be making these calls.
Gates has talked openly about barring the right to work or gather in public without the vaccination....what gives him the right...and if he's so confident and knowledgeable why insist on legal shielding if it goes wrong?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 11:11

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 5 May 08:24

Bill Gates also claims that everyone hast to be vaccinated before public gatherings be allowed again....he's always very careful to add that there has to be legal protection for those making the vaccines.
He wants it mandatory, again what gives him the right.

TOWK you're a big fan of Gates Gates vaccination work....nothing yo say?

He has no right and he will l have ittle say. Can you imagine Americans putting up with that?
But of course vaccination is the correct outcome. Let's look at history, polio, measles, mumps etc. All irradicated virtually not by social distancing but by vaccinations.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 11:21

Ref: Rastapari
Tue 5 May 08:24

<<< Bill Gates also claims that everyone has to be vaccinated before public gatherings be allowed again....he's always very careful to add that there has to be legal protection for those making the vaccines.
He wants it mandatory, again what gives him the right. >>>

There's a lot of stuff for and against Gates on the Net. I don't know what to believe and not to believe about him.

This seems to make sense :

"He’s a smart guy who has made a lot of money... He and his wife don’t have to do a foundation but they do. The people they help certainly appreciate the help.

His foundation is not as altruistic as it is made out to be but he can certainly do a lot worse than what he is doing. With his level of intelligence, money and power - if he wanted to do harm, wow, he could do some damage!" (1)

So, what gives him the right?

Previously you put the questions:

a) "should money and power give him the right to [mess with nature]?"

b)" ...and his vaccinate the world plan that isn't going away....again what gives money the right to impose it's will?" (2)

a) No
b) Money is power. Power can impose its will regardless of any right to do so.

However, for 'Dim the sun', I'm sure I read it would need approval through the UN and be extremely unlikely to get it.

(1) Quora: Jade Worthington, Social worker. Dec 2 2019)
(2) Rasta, 4 May 15:50

Post Edited (Tue 05 May 11:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 11:34

Tue 5 May 11:07

<<< if he's so confident and knowledgeable why insist on legal shielding if it goes wrong? >>>

Standard business practice.

I think it shouldn't be done because no-one can know the consequences. Our atmosphere isn't something to take any risk with. Mind you, the sh*te some of us humans burn, pump and explode into it - those in power seem to look on it as some kind of sewer.

Post Edited (Tue 05 May 11:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 5 May 11:36

“I'm not talking about bring anti vaccination, I'm asking what...other than money...does Bill Gates have to be making these calls.
Gates has talked openly about barring the right to work or gather in public without the vaccination....what gives him the right...and if he's so confident and knowledgeable why insist on legal shielding if it goes wrong?”

He has the same right as you do to talk openly on the subject. He has more power and capability to influence it but he doesn’t have the ability to just impose his will.
Turning then question back why should he not be part of the conversation via his foundation (well covered above).

Folk complain about the lack of contribution by the super wealthy and then complain when they do so is it just wealthy = bad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 12:04

I'm not talking about bring anti vaccination, I'm asking what...other than money...does Bill Gates have to be making these calls.
Gates has talked openly about barring the right to work or gather in public without the vaccination....what gives him the right...and if he's so confident and knowledgeable why insist on legal shielding if it goes wrong?

He has the same right to an opinion as you or I. The only difference is his opinion gets publicised because of who he is and the money he has.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 16:07

He also has the power and influence to make it happen...let's be honest our politicians are open to lobbying/bribery.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Bill Gates plan to &quot;dim the sun&quot;.
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 5 May 17:09

Already said all I needed to on vaccinations on the other Bill Gates related thread. Once I see some evidence of this 'legal shielding' then I'll comment further.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 18:13

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 5 May 16:07

He also has the power and influence to make it happen...let's be honest our politicians are open to lobbying/bribery.

I don't think he does have the power or influence to make it happen. Can you really see China, India, Russia or must Asian countries putting up with this. It's doubtful he would even be able to persuade Americans. They would just see it as a government plot.

Vaccinations will hopefully come but I doubt Gates will be the main influencer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 18:15

Wild idea. How about we simply stop trashing the environment rather than meddling with it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 20:49

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Tue 5 May 17:09

Already said all I needed to on vaccinations on the other Bill Gates related thread. Once I see some evidence of this 'legal shielding' then I'll comment further.

He called it legal indemnity.....in a BBC interview, also spoke of regulations having to be loosened for it to happen quickly....
Reassuring eh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 22:00

I think I can see what you're getting at Rasta. Are you most concerned that the U.S. might do it regardless of the UN?

Yes I read an article that was discussing that scenario. It must be a possibility. Seemingly, China has also 'been experimenting with climate-altering technology' (1)

Not the greatest source, but food for thought:

Dimming the sun: climate solution or catastrophe? (2)

(1 & 2) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7350713/Bill-Gates-wants-spray-millions-tonnes-dust-stratosphere-stop-global-warming.html

Post Edited (Wed 06 May 01:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 22:12

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 5 May 20:49

Quote:

He called it legal indemnity.....in a BBC interview, also spoke of regulations having to be loosened for it to happen quickly....
Reassuring eh.

He can talk about it all he likes really. Doesn't mean anyone is listening. :)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 09:28

Quote:

moviescot, Tue 5 May 22:12

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 5 May 20:49

Quote:

Reassuring eh.

He can talk about it all he likes really. Doesn't mean anyone is listening. :)

Our vaccination programme got 30 million off him so they're listening.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 09:30

Quote:

onandupthepars, Tue 5 May 22:00

I think I can see what you're getting at Rasta. Are you most concerned that the U.S. might do it regardless of the UN?

Yes I read an article that was discussing that scenario. It must be a possibility. Seemingly, China has also 'been experimenting with climate-altering technology' (1)

Not the greatest source, but food for thought:

Dimming the sun: climate solution or catastrophe? (2)

(1 & 2) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7350713/Bill-Gates-wants-spray-millions-tonnes-dust-stratosphere-stop-global-warming.html

This is actually old news, only at the last juncture hitting the mainstream news....the US have long said they will not seek permission.
Who's permission do you think the richest men in the world need?
They buy their permission.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 20:34

Wed 6 May 09:30

<<< the US have long said they will not seek permission. >>>

D'you mean it's implied by their withdrawal from the Paris Agreement, or have they specifically said they won't seek UN approval to 'dim the sun?'
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 21:34

Quote:

onandupthepars, Wed 6 May 20:34

Wed 6 May 09:30

<<< the US have long said they will not seek permission. >>>

D'you mean it's implied by their withdrawal from the Paris Agreement, or have they specifically said they won't seek UN approval to 'dim the sun?'

That's been quoted in commentator articles but I personally don't have thoughts either way....when the idea was first vaunted...even the images used in the recent british media articles were available a good two or three years ago...it was inferred to "save the world" permission would be sidestepped...or should be.
Watch Gates on the BBC interview the other day, think he sounds like a man expecting opposition?
His benevolence is legendary....or....his corporate bribery is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 22:22

Seems like iffy science. May work for some areas but may make other areas even worse. What are the unintended consequences of attempting to dim the sun?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 01:02

In a BBC interview about the current epidemic, Gates says, "I and other health experts..." (1)

As far as I can see he doesn't have any medical qualification. I suppose he might have meant he's an expert in terms of financial expertise as the WHO's second biggest donor.

He has been criticised for influencing what World Health Organisation (WHO) projects his money is used for. Up to now he's been particularly keen on polio eradication so a lot has been spent on that.

Recently a change was made at WHO so that:

"Gates can only put money into projects the 194 [UN] members support; the [Gates]foundation cannot pitch a new one out of the blue and ask WHO to work on it right away just because it is providing the money." (2)

My own take on Gates at the moment is that he's a hard-headed businessman. He doesn't give his money away and say, 'Here's a couple o' billion dollars, do what you like with that.' As a businessman he undoubtedly has agendas of his own.

I don't find it at all strange that he is given air time and has influence. It's the world we live in. He's a major celebrity. If people open doors to him he's gonna walk in.

Wed 6 May 21:34:

<<< His benevolence is legendary....or....his corporate bribery is.>>>

I just don't know about that. I doubt if he is squeaky clean. I guess few folk in high finance are.

sources:

(1) Gates BBC interview 12 April 2020

(https://youtu.be/ie6lRKAdvuY)

(2) Gates relationship with WHO

(https://www.politico.eu/article/bill-gates-who-most-powerful-doctor/)

Post Edited (Thu 07 May 01:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 09:14

I don't think for a second he's clean.
And his polio project in Africa and India, lots a paralysed kids, worth looking into.

Post Edited (Thu 07 May 09:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 12:07

Ref: Rasta

<<< his polio project in Africa and India, lots a paralysed kids, worth looking into.>>>

I had read that in passing. I had another look, googled for it specifically.

Fact check: Gates vaccine did not paralyse children (1)

Fake news according to this. It says it was posted by someone who is anti-vaccination, and that there's nothing in Indian media about any kids being paralysed by vaccinations.

Polio outbreaks in Africa caused by vaccine (2)

"In developing countries the oral vaccine is used due to its low cost and accessibility... In western countries, a more expensive, injectable version of the vaccine – which contains an inactivated virus incapable of causing the disease – is used as a preventative."

I'm not sure what that means. Is the oral version a vaccine or not?

"The onset has been caused by a type 2 virus contained in the vaccine... in rare cases the live virus in oral polio vaccines can mutate into a form capable of igniting new outbreaks of the disease."

Oh - unlike the vaccinations we have, which don't contain live virus? The oral version does?

A report released earlier this month by the Independent Monitoring Board... claimed that the vaccine-derived virus was causing an uncontrolled outbreak in west Africa. The report found “the strategy is already failing badly on the goal of reducing, and ultimately eliminating, vaccine-derived polioviruses” and argued that new strategies are needed"

So the strategy of using the cheap oral virus, that has been in place because of low cost and accessibility, is failing.

"Dr Pascal Mkanda, head of the WHO’s Polio Eradication Programme, said the latest outbreak was directly linked to low vaccination rates. The rise in vaccine-derived polio cases is caused by a mutated form of the disease found in faecal matter that targets children who have not been vaccinated, he said."

Uh? I think he's saying that giving a child the oral vaccine does not harm that child but the harmful vaccine-derived virus is in some of those children's poo and is infecting children who have not been vaccinated.

“What we must do is extend the coverage of immunisation so that polio can no longer continue to survive,” said Mkanda."

"Dr Edward Parker at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine said efforts to develop more stable polio vaccines by scientists were progressing."

“If they prove to be safe and effective in regions still affected by polio, these vaccines could be a key breakthrough in finally consigning this disease to the history books.”

So I think:

a) the WHO is not covering up the problem
b) the cheap oral vaccines were an attempt to maximise the number of kids who can be vaccinated.
c) It's backfired. The oral vaccine works on the recipient but sometimes leads to an infectious polio virus being in their poo?
d) I don't see anything sinister from this.

(1) https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/no-bill-gates-foundation-did-not-paralyse-496000-children-in-india-while-testing-polio-vaccine-2590715.html

(2) www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/nov/28/polio-outbreaks-in-four-african-countries-caused-by-mutation-of-strain-in-vaccine]Polio outbreaks in Africa caused by vaccine
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 May 16:52

Thu 7 May 09:14

<<< I don't think for a second he's clean.
And his polio project in Africa and India, lots a paralysed kids, worth looking into.>>>

What is the basis of these claims and your 'campaign against Gates'?

You can see my response above.

So why not give us your evidence?

(Hm. I can read some others minds on that - 'It wouldn't be Rasta would it.')

Yes I've read that he met Epstein and seen a photo of them together. OK, so first thing - why did he meet him? What did Gates say about it?

He was looking at getting a donation. Who, in their right mind would go and visit Epstein after he was convicted?

Had he been convicted at that time? No. Their last meetings were in 2013. The allegations agianst Epstein surfaced in 2019? Was Epstein using Gates? Seems so. (1)

The idea that Gates wants to micro-chip everybody regarding covid has, to my mind, been debunked:

"Eventually we will have some digital certificates to show who has recovered or been tested recently or when we have a vaccine who has received it.” (2)

That and the idea that Gates was sinisterly involved with Epstein appears to be unfounded. Likewise anything perverse in his polio vaccines project.

The 'Dim the Sun' idea is one I don't like but I think his motives are probably just to try and reduce global warming.

But if you want to knock me down, let's have evidence with sources. If you're man enough! 😜 Go on Rasta, hit me with a source!

Reminds me of Hit me... - Ian Dury

(1) https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-jeffrey-epstein-friendship-swedish-mother-daughter-meeting-2019-10?r=US&IR=T

(2)https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-coronavirus-bill-gates-micr/false-claim-bill-gates-planning-to-use-microchip-implants-to-fight-coronavirus-idUSKBN21I3EC

Post Edited (Sat 09 May 16:56)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net