DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 weight gain shakes
Topic Originator: babs woodhouse  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:11

Can these be used to put weight on safely even when not training
If so can anyone recommend a particular brand
Thanks Babs
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: weight gain shakes
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 11 May 15:00

To an extent yes however I personally would advise caution as they contain a lot of protein, certainly stay well hydrated.
I suppose in short I would get professional advice of which there is plenty online.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Mon 11 May 17:53

I guess it depends on how you see "weight". Weight gain shakes are usually high carb, high protein shakes containing lots of calories. Consuming these along with calories from your normal diet will likely put you in a large surplus and your body will likely gain mass in the form of fat rather than muscle.

It is safer and healthier to consume slightly more calories than your maintenance level over a longer period of time from natural whole foods rather then consuming a large amount of calories from weight gainer shakes.

If you are struggling to consume calories, you could always try making your own 'weight gainer shake' using things like oats, protein powder, banana, peanut butter, milk which will give you a decent amount of calories.

If you are just looking to add more muscle i would recommend calculating your maintenance calories and aiming for a couple of hundred calories more a day on a high protein diet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 11 May 18:26

Dafc111. Correct.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: babs woodhouse  
Date:   Tue 12 May 07:12

Thanks its not for me if anything I could do with losing a couple of stone
Its for someone I know who is struggling with the lock down and has a lack of appetite
ok for most but not if your skinny in the first place
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net