DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Monty don
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 14 May 23:09

Horrible hearing about him losing his beloved dog.Not everybody likes dogs.I have had dogs all my all of my 63 years.Although,its horrible losing a family member, I have never felt such grief,and pain,when a pet dog dies.They ,give unconditional,love and loyalty, look for you every morning, and night,and only asked to be fed and walked.You can have a rotten day,but they will still come running to you.Thats real friendship. Lost a lab,8 years ago aged 16 ,and still miss her,saddest day of my life.

Post Edited (Thu 14 May 23:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Monty don
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 14 May 23:16

I lost my 14 yr old podengo on 23rd Dec - sad for the family and spoiled xmas for the kids.
Never a nice thing...

But, I have to say, if losing a dog is the <saddest day of your life> then you are really lucky to have been sheltered from the real world for your 63 years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 23:34

Lux,you are taking rubbish.I have lost parents,but it's a different loss.Dogs are with you 24 hours a day,mostly, they don't fall out with you or judge you.They are totally reliant on you.And,no, thankyou,don't insult,me I have not led a so called sheltered life.

Post Edited (Fri 15 May 00:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Fri 15 May 01:17

<they don't fall out with you or judge you>?

If I came home after being near another dog, she would take one sniff and walk away - cream puff for half an hour...

No insult intended, you feel what you feel - but to say that losing a dog is worse than losing a parent, sibling, child or close friend?
Behave.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 01:26

As said,a different loss.I know how to behave.Parents,also lost dogs,and they understood the emotional loss.

Post Edited (Fri 15 May 01:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 15 May 03:42

Possibly not the best place to post it but environmentaly dogs are a disaster. My VW has a carbon footprint less than a lab.
We need to stop people trashing the environment with extra consumption.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 15 May 05:47

Sooooo.... Get rid of aw the dugs and buy VW's??? Or is it just get rid of labs???
Not sure that's gonna work in a country of animal lovers to be honest.
I've had dugs(but not labs... Springer spaniels and boxers) ... And VW's... and as much as I like VW's... I prefer dugs. Only dugs dinnae get ye tae work on time so I'd need to keep my VW... (is it just VW's???... Cos I've got a Vauxhall the noo). Not sure a dug could get me to work on time... Unless it was a really big dug (not a lab anyhoo).
And I don't have to take my vx (or vw if I had one) oot furra walk a few times a day at least.
But a VW doesnae bring a stick back tae ye when ye throw it (mind you... I've never tried if I'm honest).
And a dug gies ye a better welcome when ye come home than a vw will... (I think anyhoo 🤔)
Plus dugs dinnae snap their timing belts a month before ye had planned to replace it (hence the reason I've got a VX now) .. In fact... Do dugs even have timing belts?
But VW's cost more to run than dugs do.... I think... And ye need to replace the tyres now and then... Dugs dinnae have tyres... As far as I'm aware... They do have collars though and leads (but these shouldn't be confused with ht leads... That's a completely different thing that cars have).
And dugs dinnae get caught out fiddling their emissions like vw did... Although this could now lead to dugs being scrutinised to see if their emissions figures are honest... Or just fibs like VW's.
What was I saying??? 🤔
I'm certainly confused... What was the point again??? 🤣

Admin

Post Edited (Fri 15 May 08:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 05:49

Oh aye.... Mon the dugs!!!

Admin
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 15 May 06:11

Quote:

DulochConvert, Fri 15 May 03:42

Possibly not the best place to post it but environmentaly dogs are a disaster. My VW has a carbon footprint less than a lab.
We need to stop people trashing the environment with extra consumption.

This article seems to utterly trash that assertion pretty well but even before reading it I find it highly unlikely a dog even dents the production impact of your VW

Extending your analogy even if it were right then you shouldn’t have any children either then as their lifetime consumption will totally dwarf a dog’s consumption and environmental impact.

https://grist.org/article/dogs-vs-suvs/

Post Edited (Fri 15 May 06:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: babs woodhouse  
Date:   Fri 15 May 08:04

I have 3 over 10 and I can notice a big difference in them all dreading the day they pass and definately wont be getting any more
The insurance for them is now outrageous 90 a month along with the various medicenes and dog food adds up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Fri 15 May 08:11

Quote:

babs woodhouse, Fri 15 May 08:04

I have 3 over 10 and I can notice a big difference in them all dreading the day they pass and definately wont be getting any more
The insurance for them is now outrageous 90 a month along with the various medicenes and dog food adds up

If you of all people did nae hae a dug there would be a major enquiry

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Nippy Sweetie  
Date:   Fri 15 May 12:30

I have add my wee bit...I had to get my Labrador Retriever put to sleep at home in October...Over 11 years I had her from a pup...I understood I had a loan of her, as most of us out live our pets.... I could not physically speak to anyone for days, I was off work for 2 weeks...I still shed a tear when I think of her, but I feel ready to get another... But the grief a person has, seems men suffer worse...Was way more than I had for family members that passed and I felt guilty about that. On my worse days, my dog was always waiting for me, always cheered me up, got me out of the house and I am sure helped my health and mental health...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 15 May 12:51

How do you figure out who loves you most. Your dog or your wife?

Bung them in the boot and drive out to the countryside...a few miles.
Let them out and check how they both react.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 15 May 14:24

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 15 May 12:51

How do you figure out who loves you most. Your dog or your wife?

Bung them in the boot and drive out to the countryside...a few miles.
Let them out and check how they both react.

Great idea. I can try that after lockdown.
Do you have a dog I could borrow?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 18:44

Have edited your link so it works now P

Admin
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net