DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rex Park Benches
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 28 May 06:57

A few years back, the council put 4 good, sturdy, wooden benches in the lower Rex Park, from next to Woodmill Cresc to the rear of wee Asda. Each bench was bolted to 4 concrete slabs. One by one, 3 of the 4 benches disappeared, leaving only the one near Asda. I often saw folk sitting on it, especially during this nice weather. Not any more they won't.

It must have upset someone for it's badly broken, as if it's had a good kicking. It can't have been easy for it was solid. I'd have needed a mash hammer, I reckon. It's maybe the lockdown. Anger and frustration boiling over.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rex Park Benches
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 28 May 07:50

Probably some feral wee rats jumping on it. I've often wondered where the desire to break things you don't own comes from. Like people who use a lighter on the bus stop windows or carve names into railings. Why? There must be some reasoning to this desire.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 31 May 19:21

It looks like someone from Fife Council has come out and screwed the bench together again, as told to me by an elderly lady who was sitting on it when I passed by this afternoon.

The joiner, whoever he was, has done very well to put it together again. Wooden dowels were snapped and the structure was in pieces. Hopefully, it will be left alone as many people seem to use it at different times of the day.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Sun 31 May 20:18

"an elderly lady"

Elderly?
What do you mean elderly?
Elderly how?
Elderly what, like she's some fkn old lady sent there to amuse you, to make feel young?
What do you mean elderly?

No, no, Anthony, he's a big boy, he knows what he said...

ELDERLY HOW?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 31 May 20:21

Go home and get your shinebox AWP.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Sun 31 May 20:23

Keep him here... just keep him here...

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net