DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stinks of death
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 27 May 19:42

That’ll be the farmer around Amazon or wherever it is spraying his fields with that horrendous carcass jobby fertiliser again aye? My house has had the windows open for a wee while and now it’s reeking. I thought the farmers have been telt about this?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stinks of death
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 27 May 19:53

That fertiliser is probably you're own poo. I'm sure that's what's spread. There was something about banning it but I think there's still a certain amount of human feces in it. Yummy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 27 May 19:54

GZ they are a law unto themselves

We have had it here for years and I phoned the environmental health who replied we have had hundreds of complaints but we have a health officer as we speak investigating your complaint

We canny open windaes or hang washing out and the smell is not just the normal slurry but we are sure there is human and animal exrement in the mix

So to get his own back Mr. Miller the Farmer decides to start a bird scaring boom boom starting at 7.45 am and continuing until 5.45 pm

The man is a nut case I was his Postie for many years
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 27 May 20:04

Where is his land? I could smell it earlier as I passed amazon around 4 but it’s now in my house in Rosyth. It wasn’t earlier. I guess the wind has changed? I hate selfish folk like that. Entitlement really bothers me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 May 20:11

Has it not always been this way? I remember the stink years ago too. It's essentially a slurry of poo.

Farmers have always needed to fertilise...shame they do it on the warmest days!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 May 20:14

Just thinking...could the spreading be on the bit of land that a farmer has been looking to punt for housing? I'm sure that's the case with the land over the road from the Wimpey development by the motorway. Farmer claimed all the cars makes it difficult to tend to the land so wants to sell.it to a developer. It's zoned for agriculture but he'd make a tidy sum of that were to change. Maybe hoping to put pressure on?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 27 May 21:16

I don't know if it's the same field but there is a pile of the stuff by the side of a field as you come up the back road from inverkeithing to Dunfermline, close to where Amazon is.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 27 May 21:48

Just walked down the edge of the field from Amazon to Aberdour Rd about half an hour ago. Spent the whole time thinking I'd stood in something because the smell seemed to be following me!
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 27 May 22:42

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 27 May 21:16

I don't know if it's the same field but there is a pile of the stuff by the side of a field as you come up the back road from inverkeithing to Dunfermline, close to where Amazon is.

I'm sure that's the field they were looking to sell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 28 May 21:26

I stay down by Tesco, been out for a walk and left the house windows open,come back and my house is absolutely stinking-disgrace. Must be terrible nearer the source.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 28 May 21:42

parathletic every one in the surrounding area has to phone the Council environment health and complain... It is a health hazard and a disgrace I am convinced there is human excrement in the slurry mix :(
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 28 May 22:30

Warnings given before by council. Nigel.kerr@fife.gov.uk is head of public protection fife.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net