DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 WiFi/Tablet issue
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 12:49

Apologies but I'm back with another problem. This time it's my Fire HD 8 tablet, that's causing me grief. Issue is that it is not connecting to the WiFi. I changed provider and connected it to the new router no problem. Now it's saying in the list of available networks, that it's not in range. Tried resetting the router and switching the tablet on and off again, with no luck.

Any ideas guys?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: WiFi/Tablet issue
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 12:57

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 13:43

After you have switched off your router did you also completely switch off your tablet?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 14:32

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 18 Jul 13:43

After you have switched off your router did you also completely switch off your tablet?

Yeah I did mate

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 15:43

Not to be patronising but it's not defaulting back to your old router (which doesn't exist) anymore is it?

Can you try and delete or 'forget network' and establish the connection from scratch again and re-join ?

Also, no powerline adapters / wifi repeaters / signal boosters plugged in anywhere potentially causing conflict?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sat 18 Jul 15:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 15:50

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Sat 18 Jul 15:43

Not to be patronising but it's not defaulting back to your old router (which doesn't exist) anymore is it?

Can you try and delete or 'forget network' and establish the connection from scratch again and re-join ?

No mate. I deleted the old one. It had connected to my current one, no problem, but now it's saying it's not in range.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 15:54

Has the router maybe changed channel and the fire tablet can't keep up?

other devices doing OK on WiFi?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 16:51

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sat 18 Jul 15:54

Has the router maybe changed channel and the fire tablet can't keep up?
other devices doing OK on WiFi?

Don't know about the first bit mate. No issues with any other device

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 18:12

When you switch off the Kindle do you just home down the power button until it switches off or do you tap screen. If you do the second them try the first.

There is also sometimes am issue with WPA on the Kindle. WEP works better but is much more insecure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 18:16

When you reset the router did you unplug it from the wall? I've seen anecdotal stuff on line saying that unplugging the router then rebooting the kindle works but not sure why unplugging it would make a difference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 18:21

Don't know if this will help Big T ... you have probably tried all this

Before you begin, make sure that:
Other devices in your home can connect to your network. If they can't connect, you may need to contact your Internet service provider for additional help.

Airplane Mode is off. To check, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless. If Airplane Mode is On, tap Off to enable wireless connectivity.
You know your Wi-Fi password. If you've forgotten or don't know your Wi-Fi password, you may need to refer to your router manufacturer or Internet service provider for additional help.

Your device is on the latest software version. You can install the latest software version wirelessly if you're able to connect to a more stable network or download and transfer the software update to your device via USB. To learn more, go to Device Software Updates.

Then:
Restart your Wi-Fi connection on your device. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless and then tap Wi-Fi. Next to Wi-Fi, tap Off. After you turn off your Wi-Fi connection, tap On to turn it on again.

Restart your device. Press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button.

If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.

Move closer to your router. From your device, check if you can connect to your Wi-Fi network. If your network doesn't appear in the list, tap Scan from the Wi-Fi menu. If you still don't see your preferred network, you can add it manually to your device. To learn more, go to Add a Wi-Fi Network Manually.

Use Channel 1-11. Check that your wireless router is set to use a Wi-Fi channel from 1 to 11. Please refer to your Internet service provider, if they provided your wireless router or the router manufacturer, for additional help.

Restart your router and modem. Unplug your modem and router, wait a full 30 seconds and then plug the modem in. After your modem turns on, plug in your router and wait for it to turn on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 18:43

Thanks guys. Great advice. Thank you. I'll try those tips

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 18:58

Failing that.... Kill it with fire!!!
*disclaimer *... Take it ootside first mind 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 00:53

Maybe a issues with one of the bands? Try splitting the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands on the router and see what the tablet can see.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 07:10

How's it looking now? If you still have problems....is it a vodafone router you have now?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 10:38

Tried everything suggested. Still nothing. Weird thing is, it's picking up my neighbours WiFi. Yeah mate, Vodafone router.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 11:06

Tried this?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vfcon090504.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi_s9iMiNnqAhXinVwKHY0pC9sQFjABegQIDBAG&usg=AOvVaw3nSUZCtZlkjupxh7eVpJXN&cshid=1595153136020

Post Edited (Sun 19 Jul 11:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 11:34

Yep tried that last night mate. No joy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 11:46

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zJZjeSAG/kindle-fire-says-my-wifi-connection-is-out-of-range-but-all-my-other-devices-easily-pick-up-the-signal

It sounds like you might have done everything in here but the final recommendation is to contact Amazon support so might be worth trying there and well as here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 11:57

Might be some conflict with router security, as someone said earlier, WPA/WEP issue, though if kindle is new WEP should not be an option.
Any of your pals got one?
Get them to try and connect and if so compare device settings.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 12:30

If you don't have a lot on your Kindle I would suggest a complete factory reset. This will put it back to its bought position. It will delete everything but then might see your WiFi.
It could be caught in a strange Android loop. I had this with an old phone but factory restoring worked.

Post Edited (Sun 19 Jul 12:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Jul 19:17

Thanks for all the advice guys.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 17:57

Switch off the 5ghz band on the router and then see if it connects. Its normally straightforward to do once in the admin page of the router. Can easily just switch it back on again.

I think I saw someone else say change the channel. Again, choose random channels it shouldn't affect any other devices.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net