DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Creepy Wee Pub
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 23:23

See it's not reopening. Real shame.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Creepy Wee Pub
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 23:34

Sorry to hear, of small business premises closing, they are the lifeblood, of the community .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 06:43

A real shame, but no real surprise. How many could you fit in there with the new rules ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AbuBarrie  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 10:48

I had a few pints there in the mid '60s. Can anyone recall what it was called, my memory has too many gaps now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 13:32

Not sure about the 60's, but in the 80's it was Carnegies I think

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 13:33

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 23 Jul 06:43

A real shame, but no real surprise. How many could you fit in there with the new rules ?

They reckon 12 customers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 14:08

just point out its not a permanent closure, slightly misleading.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 14:24

Bert Paton used to run it at one point, was a good pub back then
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 18:35

Quote:

Athletico, Thu 23 Jul 14:08

Hopefully, I really like the creepy wee.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 20:09

Quote:

Athletico, Thu 23 Jul 14:08

Really? I've not picked up a Press but they said "Shock as Creepy Wee Pub decides not to re-open" on their website.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 07:07

From their Facebook account -

COVID-19 update

Unfortunately we will not be opening. There is no safe and financially viable way of us operating in these times. We are obviously heartbroken that we can't welcome you all back, but public health is paramount rather than risking anything. We will do a further update in a few days time. Until then, Enjoy yourselves safely, and have a creepy wee weekend!

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 10:34

Dunfermline Press is terrible these days. The headlines on their Facebook page are nearly always misleading.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 12:16

Im sure the articles in the Press are written by 12 year olds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBS  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 12:27

It was originally called either "The Auld Abbey" or "The Old Abbey"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AbuBarrie  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 14:53

Thanks DBS, I have difficulty remembering much, I doubt if I would have ever remembered it's name.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 18:52

Quote:

DBS, Fri 24 Jul 12:27

It was originally called either "The Auld Abbey" or "The Old Abbey"

The Abbey Tavern?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 19:00

Love the Creepy, hope to see it back open safely as soon as.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 22:47

It was the Abbey Tavern

The image shows the Old Inn and the Abbey Tavern

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 15:08

Topic Originator: Par like | nolike
Date: Thu 23 Jul 14:24

Bert Paton used to run it at one point, was a good pub back then.

Was still a good pub when Bert ran it but not a patch on Carnegies when Big Bev ran it. Best pub in the town and packed full of characters. Had many a mad day/ night in there back in the day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 15:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 24 Jul 10:34

Dunfermline Press is terrible these days. The headlines on their Facebook page are nearly always misleading.

I don't know who they employ to run their social media sites but it's embarrassing stuff.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 18:54

The Dunfermline Press Facebook site went through a period where every article was accompanied by a picture of the entrance to the Sheriff Court - was absolutely bizarre.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 18:55

Cracking Pic Par
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 60yearapar  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 19:34

Got to agree Desparado, big Bev was the best publican in the town and Carnegies was a great pub at that time. Don't know how often I heard Bev shouting your barred at one of the regulars ( including myself) followed by a big throaty laugh only for them to be back in the next day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 19:37

Bert got a Scotland banner made with the pub name on it for around 15 of us regulars to take to the Mexico World Cup in 1986
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 19:42

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sat 25 Jul 18:54

The Dunfermline Press Facebook site went through a period where every article was accompanied by a picture of the entrance to the Sheriff Court - was absolutely bizarre.

The classic Press series:

Rab, of the James Bank hostel, is arrested (picture of court)
Rab, of the James Bank hostel, is charged (picture of court)
Rab, of the James Bank hostel, is sentenced (picture of court)

In ever story there will be mention of drugs or alcohol being involved and a 90% chance of the crime being the theft of perfume from Debenhams.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 26 Jul 14:16

Topic Originator: 60yearapar like | nolike
Date: Sat 25 Jul 19:34

Got to agree Desparado, big Bev was the best publican in the town and Carnegies was a great pub at that time. Don't know how often I heard Bev shouting your barred at one of the regulars ( including myself) followed by a big throaty laugh only for them to be back in the next day.

Lol

I remember have a scrap outside with another regular. Next day I was dreading going back to the pub but bit the bullet and wandered in. My sparring partner from the night before was already in. Quick as a flash Big Bev ordered the two of us down in to the cellar and told us to “ sort it out “ . He shut the door and left us.

Thankfully we had both sobered up, shook hands and went back up into the bar and probably spent another tenner each on drink that day. ( at least ten pints )

Big Bev was auld school right enough and certainly knew how to run a good bar. Never saw any trouble inside Carnegies if it looked like it might start him Frank and Campbell would soon jump in and sort it out.

Aye happy days were had in Carnegies bar.

Remember when Some of the guys in the pub sent Campbell a fake call up letter for the army at the start of the Falklands conflict as he was or had been in the TA. He took the bait and was asked to turn up to the pub dressed in his khakis. They took him outside stood him against the Abbey Wall, blindfolded him and took photos as they wanted to see what his final moments would look like if he was captured by the Argies....ha ha.

Another memory of mine was the time we had a vicars and tarts party there. A bus load of German tourists( pensioners) got off at the Abbey one summers evening and some of them decided to wander in to Carnegies and were astonished to see all the dog collars ( worn both by the men and women) men of the cloth all drunk and all the birds wearing basques and sussies . The look on their faces was priceless.

Great days.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ghoulz  
Date:   Sun 26 Jul 15:03

Was also known as Christie Cowan's

Your friendly neighbourhood Ghoulz.

The Whole Story of The Famous Kinema Ballroom
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jul 17:41

Topic Originator: desparado like | nolike
Date: Sun 26 Jul 14:16

Topic Originator: 60yearapar like | nolike
Date: Sat 25 Jul 19:34

Lol

I remember have a scrap outside with another regular. Next day I was dreading going back to the pub but bit the bullet and wandered in. My sparring partner from the night before was already in. Quick as a flash Big Bev ordered the two of us down in to the cellar and told us to “ sort it out “ . He shut the door and left us.

Thankfully we had both sobered up, shook hands and went back up into the bar and probably spent another tenner each on drink that day. ( at least ten pints )

Big Bev was auld school right enough and certainly knew how to run a good bar. Never saw any trouble inside Carnegies if it looked like it might start him Frank and Campbell would soon jump in and sort it out.

Aye happy days were had in carnegies bar

Remember when Some of the guys in the pub sent Campbell a fake call up letter for the army at the start of the Falklands conflict as he was or had been in the TA. He took the bait and was asked to turn up to the pub dressed in his khakis. They took him outside stood him against the Abbey Wall, blindfolded him and took photos as they wanted to see what his final moments would look like if he was captured by the Argies....ha ha.

Another memory of mine was the time we had a vicars and tarts party there. A bus load of German tourists( pensioners) got off at the Abbey one summers evening and some of them decided to wander in to Carnegies and were astonished to see all the dog collars ( worn both by the men and women) men of the cloth all drunk and all the birds wearing basques and sussies . The look on their faces was priceless.

Great days.

I remember that with big Campbell, he was some character, mind him letting a goal in when playing in goals for the pub team, when somebody watching shouted that he should have saved it came the classic reply " I've no got arms like a feckin giraffe"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net