DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Keep Britain Tidy
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 20:02

A new campaign is to be launched to collect countless tonnes of PPE, adding to the usual litter left lying around, or dumped by the hard of thinking in our society.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/07/16/ppe-and-picnic-scraps-contribute-to-unprecedented-litter-levels-at-royal-parks/

I have to ask why it should be necessary.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Keep Britain Tidy
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 21:32

You may well ask GG - it’s not a question I can answer. Recently my wife and I had a stroll from Kingseat to Cowdenbeath, and the litter problem on that road was horrendous. The usual things like beer cans, crisp bags and fag packets, but also a few used nappies. Disposing of such things in this way is truly disgusting and hard of thinking doesn’t adequately cover it. For all the positive sides of the human spirit on show in lockdown, we have others behaving like this. Words fail me !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 21:39

Answered your own question really. There’s far too many that are hard of thinking.( I have many better descriptions, but not ones that would get past the swear filter) in our society. I’m quite liberal minded and fully against a punitive criminal system much preferring a rehabilitation program. I can understand how someone might become a murderer or a thief and we should be building our systems to help prevent people entering those situations and helping those that do so rehabilitate and become productive citizens.

For those that are too lazy to walk 10 yards to a bin or carry a couple of hundred grams of rubbish home I can’t understand and can see the only action to be to rattle their jaw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 21:43

One of my pet hates G.G. and the amount of rubbish chucked out of cars on country roads is disappointing and disturbing and sums up the inconsiderate uneducated folk involved

Have also noticed on my walks with the Broon Dug the amount of discarded masks and blue gloves at the roadside .....What the fek is wrong with these people ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 23:06

If you've ever seen the film Idiocracy you'll get an insight into the future.

I genuinely think we're getting thicker and thicker. One of my friends once had a girlfriend who, whilst travelling back from the beach, opened the window and dropped her McDonald's cup out the window. Neither of us could believe it. Same girl didn't believe me when I said they buried rubbish that wasn't put in the recycling. She genuinely denied land fill sites existed but couldn't explain where the rubbish went when bins were emptied. Also used to put her legs up on the dashboard despite me repeatedly explaining that if the airbag were to be set off her knees would become friends with her face.

Worryingly, she's not the thickest person I've met. I've previously worked with someone who claimed they were mixed race as their dad was English.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 07:50

I can't agree with par4life1, who suggests I've answered my own question. There's no doubt that those who responsible for litter are thoughtless, selfish, lazy and irresponsible, but you don't need to be particularly intelligent to dispose of litter thoughtfully.

I got a wee bit defensive yesterday when the topic came up with a neighbour of mine. She suggested that schools don't really teach children about social responsibility nowadays. Actually they do and in any case, parents are their children's first educators. Before the lockdown, I was travelling behind a car with school children in the back seat when the front passenger window was rolled down and a plastic carrier bag was hurled out, spewing it's contents - cans, plastic bottles etc - all over the street. The kids in the back obviously found this very entertaining, judging by the wide smiles on their faces. The adult passenger could hardly be described as a fine role model.

Parfection - a wee stroll from Kingseat to Cowdenbeath? Along the Cuddyhouse Road, with boy racers and no pavements? Have you lost your marbles by any chance? 😃

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 25 Jul 07:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 11:10

Cuddyhouse road, where Council vans try and beat the land speed record!!!😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 13:09

“Parfection - a wee stroll from Kingseat to Cowdenbeath? Along the Cuddyhouse Road, with boy racers and no pavements? Have you lost your marbles by any chance? 😃“

It was far far busier than I remember or anticipated. We’d left the car in Hill of Beath and we did a circuit which took us out in Kingseat (the village where I grew up). You are right about the road though - we won’t walk it again due to the speed of the traffic, but equally due to the litter strewn everywhere. Heartbreaking really - it was never like that before and I want to stress that that isn’t simply looking back through the proverbial rose tinted glasses.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net