DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Snooker World Championship
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Mon 10 Aug 16:38

Not watched any this year but stuck it on just as Williams was potted a very difficult shot using the spider. It was followed up fake crowd noise that sounded like it was played through a tin can. Is there any need for fake crowd noise in snooker?

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Snooker World Championship
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 10 Aug 20:39

Turn the volume off.
You're welcome.
I'm a problem solver ye ken 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Mon 10 Aug 22:56

Selby is horrible to watch, slow as hell. Sure he does it on purpose.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 10 Aug 23:16

He's actually playing Robertson just now and Robertson is on average 5 seconds a shot longer than him. I think it's just the way he plays tactically and the other player slows down rather than it actually being him that plays slowly.Likes a safety battle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 14:15

O'Sullivan in the final and if he wins he'll only be one title off matching Stephen Hendry's record of seven World championships. I really hope he doesn't do it.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 14:21

Two incredible semi-finals yesterday. We saw the best and worst of Ronnie O'Sullivan. He never seems to have a good word to say about the game. I wonder how he is regarded by his fellow-professionals? I suspect they all admire his play but not his attitude.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 14:27

Suspect they're grateful for the audience he brings to snooker and the money that follows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 14:37

I doubt the young players who were told they aren't very good won't be feeling grateful towards him.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 21:23

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 15 Aug 14:37

I doubt the young players who were told they aren't very good won't be feeling grateful towards him.

He's right though. Ronnie and others should have been yesterday's news but have little competition.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 23:14

Wonder why Ronnie hasn't won the title for 7 years if there isn't any competition?Went out in the first round last year to an amateur.

Yesterday was a great days snooker.Really hope Wilson does him in the final.Been really unlucky in a couple of frames near the end of the session and unfortunately made a crucial mistake near the end of the last frame there.Big ask now but Ronnie mentally fragile so not impossible.Another decider?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 16 Aug 11:43

O Sullivan has been very hit and miss all tournament. Selby should have pumped him in the semis, especially the 2nd or 3rd session when he was absolutely dominant but somehow only won it 5-3. Even the last frame O Sullivan somehow fluked two outrageous snookers to get over the line.
There is no doubt O'Sullivan is the best player of all time in my opinion but he is also an absolute breast with little regard for the sport.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 16 Aug 12:08

O'Sullivan has a character that's difficult to understand, and obviously suffers from mental health issues which he's spoken about before. I'm sure it's entirely genuine that he doesn't like being around crowds and doesn't really like the media attention, so in that sense his comments after matches in this tournament have been quite odd.

I saw his interview where he said that the younger players were so bad, and that he'd have to lose an arm and a leg to fall out of the top 50. At the time I thought it was quite amusing and there is some truth in it. There really aren't that many players of Judd Trump's age who I watch and think they have a chance of being a top player, but I think much of that is because the top players now play against relatively talentless players much more often because the new format in most tournaments is 7-round knockout with 128 players. Sometimes you watch an early round game and you know that the lower ranked player has no chance, even over a short-format best of 7.

That interview was amusing, but having then watched his other ones, it just seems that he wants to say something to provoke a reaction. That in turn is bound to get attention, which goes against his normal wish to be left alone to just play snooker.

I only saw the two evening sessions of his semi-final, but I wasn't impressed with his behaviour in the last sesssion. Selby was not happy, saying there was a lack of respect, and he had a point.

Back in December I had a day at the snooker in Glasgow. Although I''ve never been massively keen on O'Sullivan, it really was an experience to watch him come out, blitz his oppenent (Gary Cahill) and win 4-0 in 35 minutes. Kyren Wilson also won his match that day on one of the outside tables, watched by a crowd consisting of me and two other people.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net