DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline - 1960s Memory Lane
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 18:48

Dam* PUT THIS ON OFF TOPICS PLEASE ADMIN

Ref Smitchel and Sammer on the fitba' forum thread '1968 - Memory Lane'

Goin' back a bit eh Smitchel and Sammer, but Dunfermline had a lovely character then - sort of a country town.

There were bits in amongst the estates that hadn't been developed at all, such as behind Blacklaw school. It was like virgin marsh, had a burn running through in meandering channels. There was a big undeveloped area down at Wedderburn? across from Halkett Crescent? I remember my mum used to take me to a long wooden hut there for a health check up. Tommy Lyons' farm buildings were still in use at the bottom o' Whitelaw Road although I believe the farmland had all been built on by then. There was Anderson's Nursery (Plants) on Woodmill Road? that was like a huge allotment, There was a big allotments area doon near Halkett, they used tae have strings o' dead crows hanging up on the fences. And of course the Rosyth road ran straight on along Hospital Hill? & Bothwell Street and carried on right up the Newry. It was a beautiful town in many ways. Simple in its layout and easy to find your way around with lots of undeveloped areas, open spaces and parks in it. And fields and woods all around it.

Post Edited (Mon 31 Aug 18:50)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline - 1960s Memory Lane
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 21:48

Who said "Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ?"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 22:13

Its a thing of the past vee
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 2 Sep 01:52

😄

Och, they details fae Smitchel, Sammer and Lochgelly aboot the pig farm are just the kind o' pungent details tae bring the past tae life again.

Banter's gid but so's a gid blether.

Post Edited (Wed 02 Sep 02:16)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net