DAFC.net
Home 18 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mcdonalds not delivering?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 17:04

A couple of months ago we got McDonalds delivered via Ubereats. Looks like they don't do it anymore. Anyone know?

[Insert greedy bassa lines here]
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mcdonalds not delivering?
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 17:26

As a fellow fat bassa I can help.

It looks like they are still delivering but have removed some of the post codes they used to deliver to.

If you use ky11 8ex as a test in uber eats it comes up. I dont know if their deal with just eat will change the range again or if Dunfemline will be Uber Eats only.

Depending on where you are you might be able to find a post code in range and set it to deliver in the street and then pop your post code and address in the driver instruction. We were doing this for a bit as it was quite literally the street across from us that appeared to be the cut off point for deliveries. Always tipped the driver as a thank you and they were always cool about it.

Thats how much of a fatty I am.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 17:44

do macdonalds ever deliver?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 18:33

Got a McDonald’s delivery once, lukewarm burger and cold chips was not why I ordered. Unlike pizza etc it doesn’t travel well.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 19:13

Thanks guys. Got it sorted in the end. Weirdly it appeared on my wife's phone but not on mine. Came within 15 minutes. Plenty hot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 11:11

Was in McDonald's Costorphine Rd yesterday about 2.00pm. constant stream of delivery guys coming in to pick up orders.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 12:18

Surely if a burger is your delivery of choice there are better options than McDs?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 12:23

The places that do better burgers quite often come with a heftier price tag.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 14:14

Or get some good quality Scottish Beef Burgers from your local butcher, some of those big mac style triple buns from ALDI, and some nice lettuce, tomato etc and relish and make your own. Cheaper than McDonald's and of a far higher standard
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 15:56

See McDonalds has been approved to be built beside the Tesco in Duloch.

That’ll be three in very close proximity counting Odeon and the one in ASDA.

Also Burger King likely to be coming back into town..

Fast food joints all over the place!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 16:52

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 15 Sep 14:14

Or get some good quality Scottish Beef Burgers from your local butcher, some of those big mac style triple buns from ALDI, and some nice lettuce, tomato etc and relish and make your own. Cheaper than McDonald's and of a far higher standard

The chili burgers you get from Tesco are epic but it doesn't have the convenience of a McDs especially when they deliver. It takes longer than my lunch break to go to the shops and do shopping then cook the burgers compared to hitting a few buttons on the app.

Even had a stab at making my own from scratch but they were crap tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 17:55

The wagyu burgers aldi get in as specials are lovely.Pity they take ages to cook so not your lunchtime snack LPF.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 18:40

Cheers donj I will check them out!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 19:20

We normally order from Monterey Jacks by the Alhambra but it's usually an hour for delivery and wanted something quick. No substitute for a proper burger. Yet to try Smash Burger up by the Odeon.

There is indeed another Maccas planned for Duloch Tesco. Absolutely shambolic that this was allowed but nothing the council can do as all the developer does is appeal it and the Scottish Government rubber stamps it. Can't object on the basis of it being McDonald's, unfortunately.

I've a feeling the Duloch one will lead to traffic chaos if it does get built. There's talk of protests against it. Personally, I think Tesco must be insane. I'll certainly not bother with the Duloch store once McDonalds is there and the proposed entry/exit is already a nightmare with constant near misses so it's only a matter of time before there's an accident.

The proposed Burger King will be the same. No idea why this isn't being built in the retail park instead of Halbeath.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 19:30

Agreed about the traffic Jake. That entry into Tesco and Aldi already gets very congested and I can't help bit think the Tesco car park will end up rammed at busier times around Xmas. Just goes to
show they really don't give a rat's bahookie about the customer shopping experience.
The bit that I don't understand is how the town centre McDonald's failed. They seem to be a good earner for their franchisees.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 20:42

Town Centre is woeful these days.

Only takes Debenhams and Primark to move on and it’s done for.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 20:53

The town centre one didn't fail. The guy who ran it also ran the one at the leisure park. I heard it was the case he was making so much at the drive through that the high street one with the higher rates wasn't worth the hassle. So it was making money but just a better return at the leisure park.

One thing I'll never understand is why rates are higher in town centres than out of town leisure and retail parks. Surely should be the other way round?

Dunfermline town centre is alright. Could be a lot better but lots to be positive about. Hopefully the new cinema project works out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 21:22

I see. I suppose it depends on your definition of failure. If it wasn't making enough profit to be worthwhile I can see why he'd pull out.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net