DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Console Repair
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 00:56

My boy broken the charging port on his switch. Any good console repair shops in Fife ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Console Repair
Topic Originator: maradona86  
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 09:37

Mike Lees Computer service on Townhill road may be worth a call 01383 738600
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 18:26

Aside from the joycons 'drifting' this is probably the most common fault on the Switch.

I live outside Glasgow these days so cannot help but you'll have plenty options to get it sorted and shouldn't be too pricey given how common it is.

Nintendo will fix as warranty repair if under 12 months.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 18:32

It's a relatively easy fix but only if you've got a soldering iron and some skills.

Don't start me on Joycon drift. Nintendo take weeks to fix it. It's actually easy to fix yourself with an eBay kit costing s few quid.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Oct 07:29

Cheers, the charging port has been repaired. However the machine won’t charge up. Just the battery sign and the lightning symbol. A google search has shown this to be an issue when the battery has been completely drainedZ none of the solution suggested on the net have worked. Anyone else have this issue ? If so what resolved it ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 29 Oct 08:41

Are you using the original Nintendo charger? If not, try that and leave it for a good while. If you're already using it then you could try holding down power for 30 seconds whilst it's plugged in.

The issue is probably the battery is completely flat and li-ion aren't really designed for this. I had it on an old tablet and it took a few days of leaving on charge and trying various button hold downs. The alternative would be to swap the battery.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Oct 10:27

Thanks, I’m guessing that what it was. Had some charge when I handed it in l guess they left it on when checking it. The repairs will be the cost of a new switch before long 😂 cheers

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net