DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Welcome Wee Windfall
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 08:12

I started a monthly savings plan with the Prudential in 2000, which I planned to cash in when I retired, but ended up letting it run on until June 2018 when I had a need for the money.

Imagine my surprise when I got an unexpected letter from the Pru last week, informing me that they'd carried out a review of taxes and charges made since 2011 and discovered that they had deducted too much from my savings. A nice wee cheque was enclosed. Please understand this is not an invitation for begging letters from the Dotnet community. 🙂 The sum of money is not exactly life changing, but more of a heads up for anyone who may have or has had money invested in this way.

I don't know if the deduction error is unique to the Prudential or not, but it was very honest of them to acknowledge their mistake and pay out on it. I wouldn't have been any the wiser if they hadn't.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Welcome Wee Windfall
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 08:19

Lend us a fiver 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 09:30

Good man G.G. and well done the Pru ... buy yersel something nice

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 09:33

I had the same a while back with PPI claim. I claimed from RBS before all the claims firms got involved. Got a payback then a year later got a letter saying they hadn't paid back enough and enclosed a cheque for more than the original claim.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 15:30

Nice one GG - now you can treat me to an alcoholic mouthwash, at long last !!!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net