DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Restless Natives
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 14:28

I know it should be in the film thread but for those interested it's currently on bbc iplayer . Still the best Scottish film and the soundtrack is brilliant.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Restless Natives
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 18:24

Do you have any false tits?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 20:27

I cannae let you go.... or the bass line after the "one last time to strathallt" line love that song.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 20:46

Watched it on NYE and thoroughly enjoyed it, I remember seeing it at the Robins Cinema back in the day.

Was amazed at the time a big Hollywood star like Ned Beatty would do a wee Scottish film. The worlds changed a lot - now you have Scarlet Johanson guerrilla filming picking up jakey weegies and Avengers major scenes being set in Waverley station & Cockburn Street 🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 21:06

Quote:

parsfan, Sun 31 Jan 18:24

Do you have any false tits?

"And a plastic turd....."

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 21:08

Quote:

P, Sun 31 Jan 20:46

Watched it on NYE and thoroughly enjoyed it, I remember seeing it at the Robins Cinema back in the day.

Was amazed at the time a big Hollywood star like Ned Beatty would do a wee Scottish film. The worlds changed a lot - now you have Scarlet Johanson guerrilla filming picking up jakey weegies and Avengers major scenes being set in Waverley station & Cockburn Street 🤷🏻‍♂️

It might surprise you even more to know that the Russo brothers re-wrote Infinity War to go from a very brief scene shot in a totally different part of Waverley to a month's worth of filming including key moments & Cap's first appearance in the film following a location visit to Waverley.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Jan 21:08

Quote:

shrek par, Sun 31 Jan 14:28

I know it should be in the film thread but for those interested it's currently on bbc iplayer . Still the best Scottish film and the soundtrack is brilliant.

This film was released not long after I bought Steeltown. I was 13 and I had not long discovered real music. Every time I watch it or listen to the soundtrack it reminds me of listening to BC on my Walkman on the supporters bus going to games. Happy care free days.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 11:36

I thought the Russo's went to Edinburgh Uni and that's why they included it in the film. I always thought having the fight in a train station seemed like a waste of a location, lthough was great for me as the rank old loco that does the rush hour to Dunfermline left from that platform.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 12:04

Quote:

doctordandruff, Mon 1 Feb 11:36

I thought the Russo's went to Edinburgh Uni and that's why they included it in the film. I always thought having the fight in a train station seemed like a waste of a location, lthough was great for me as the rank old loco that does the rush hour to Dunfermline left from that platform.

One of their daughters went to University in Edinburgh and they passed through regularly.....idea of filming in Edinburgh started there. I spent 2 separate fortnight's of nightshift looking after the crew; balancing making sure they/ station, staff and users were safe and facilitating what they needed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 18:04

This film was released not long after I bought Steeltown. I was 13 and I had not long discovered real music. Every time I watch it or listen to the soundtrack it reminds me of listening to BC on my Walkman on the supporters bus going to games. Happy care free days.....

Now yer talkin da no 1 great album and judging by the release year and you being 13 back then ... you are the same age as my Laddie :)

I have not seen the film but will watch it tonight

take care

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 18:27

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 1 Feb 18:04

Now yer talkin da no 1 great album and judging by the release year and you being 13 back then ... you are the same age as my Laddie :)

I have not seen the film but will watch it tonight

take care

You will not be disappointed mate trust me. If ever a soundtrack fitted a film this is it. The main theme is one of my favourite BC tracks ever

Enjoy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 20:09

Really enjoyed that cheers shrek par and da

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 22:07

A restored version is released tomorrow:

There are also plans for a musical.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/feb/28/restless-natives-team-to-turn-scottish-caper-into-musical

Edited to add links which failed first time.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Feb 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 22:11

The link to the restored version article still hasn`t worked, I`ll try again but this is it without the hyperlink:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/feb/25/restless-natives-review

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 22:36

Quote:

QPR_Par, Sun 28 Feb 22:11

The link to the restored version article still hasn`t worked, I`ll try again but this is it without the hyperlink:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/feb/25/restless-natives-review

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 22:37

Quote:

QPR_Par, Sun 28 Feb 22:07

A restored version is released tomorrow:

There are also plans for a musical.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/feb/28/restless-natives-team-to-turn-scottish-caper-into-musical

Edited to add links which failed first time.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 08:32

Thanks for fixing that Widtink, I don`t know what the problem was, I used my usual method of placing the link between < > but when I clicked the preview option it didn`t work and posted my text instead.

I think the problem is at my end, I`ve just bought a new laptop and even though it`s still Windows 10 there are other problems I`ve had on this site that I didn`t have on my old one.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net