DAFC.net
Home 05 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The jag
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 11:24

Sorry can’t seem to get into the big COVID thread.

Just wondering how the vaccination programme is doing. I’m in the 70/75 group.
Anyone had it, got appt letter?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The jag
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 11:34

My mum got the jag on Tuesday. She's 75.

My dad is 74 and was shielding all last lockdown as he was told. He got his blue envelope today and his appointment is this Tuesday.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 05 Feb 11:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 11:49

I`m in the 70-75 group and I`m going for mine tomorrow at 1.10 pm. I got my appointment letter the day after they announced they were starting to send them out. Everyone I`ve spoken to who is eligible has had their jag or has an appointment.

Latest reports are that about 3 in 1000 experience side effects which is fairly typical of other vaccines and these effects are mild and similar to other vaccines such as the flu vaccine.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 12:45

Ta. Postie no here yet. Arms crossed!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 14:17

It’s here - 9 Feb.
Also a leaflet about organ donation. Which one first?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 14:20

Get mine 13th Feb

Son in laws Mum took nasty reaction and was in bed 2 days
Auld Sheila across the road neither up nor down

both 80/90`s

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 14:32

Mither (88) had hers two weeks ago - a bit fuzzy roond the heid and “ripplin muscles” (her words 😂) for twa days efter, then fine. Next dose in April.

I hope oor new big signing gives me my jab. 😘

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 15:45

My dads 70 on 21st Feb and got his letter couple weeks ago, has his appointment next Friday.

Mum is 69 in March still awaiting her letter but expect that next week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 15:47

Got mine today.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Feb 15:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 16:22

“I hope our new big signing gives me the Jab”

There’s a pun or two in there but I’ll leave it to the imagination..and never mind if he’s not available you might get a big braw sodjer!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Fri 5 Feb 17:23

Wifes appointment arrived today for next Saturday.One of her pals has got hers for next Sunday evening so obviously working extra hours.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 00:04

Correct me if I`m wrong here, but I`m not seeing widespread reports of people dropping in the streets after being vaccinated.
Have I missed them?
Moreover, I seem to be seeing the vast majority of people jumping at the chance of getting "the jab" when offered......uptake is high.
Light at the end of the tunnel?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 00:17

Quote:

davepars, Sat 6 Feb 00:04

Correct me if I`m wrong here, but I`m not seeing widespread reports of people dropping in the streets after being vaccinated.
Have I missed them?
Moreover, I seem to be seeing the vast majority of people jumping at the chance of getting "the jab" when offered......uptake is high.

here's hoping the light is there rising above the hills !!

just hope the uptake is as high when get to the lower age groups.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 09:33

Even if the uptake in lower age groups is slightly slower, there is still lots to be optimistic about. The most important thing was always going to be reducing the risk to the elderly and other medically vulnerable groups. The progress so far, and in the coming weeks, should go a long way to achieving that.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Feb 09:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 13:20

65 - 69 God am I really that auld? ☹

Got my blue envelope this morning. 19th Feb at the imaginatively titled East Church in Tescoland.

Eta. There's nothing to advise what you should do if you don't want to receive the vaccine. Would it not make sense to do so? If I decided not to go, I could let them know and they could give my time slot to someone else.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Feb 13:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 13:36

Came here hoping the thread was about the highly desirable e-type...
Imagine my disappointment 😕

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 13:59

How many injections will John Prescott get?

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 14:52

Wife got her blue envelope today 15th feb 8.20pm 33 miles away at the royal highland centre I go the 13th to queen margaret uni 22 miles away I`m going to try and get us both done at the uni same day

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 15:11

Lochgelly Centre, me and my wife, 16th Feb. @
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 15:30

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 6 Feb 15:11

A belated Valentine's day presy for you both, LA? 🙂

If she moans about it, just tell her she's so lucky you're still above the ground. 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 15:33

Just got my blue envelope.
Friday the 13th

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 15:43

GG check your letter again. There are so many ways to tell them if you don’t want it/can’t make it/rearrange ...made me fair dizzy so it did!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 15:44

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 6 Feb 15:30

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 6 Feb 15:11

A belated Valentine's day presy for you both, LA? 🙂

If she moans about it, just tell her she's so lucky you're still above the ground. 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍...She had the policies out!

Post Edited (Sat 06 Feb 15:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 16:50

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 6 Feb 15:43

GG check your letter again. There are so many ways to tell them if you don’t want it/can’t make it/rearrange ...made me fair dizzy so it did!

I saw info for can't make it and rearrange it, but not for declining it. I'm getting it in any case, so doesn't apply to me. I didn't see anything asking me to confirm that I will be attending, so I take it there's no need?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 18:16

I had mine (Astra-Zeneca) at the EICC early this afternoon. Everything went like clockwork, no queuing, no waiting. They said they were open 12 hours a day and would be open tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 08:20

My mum got her envelope last week inviting her for her first jag on the 11th February but she got hers done the first week in January. Phoned the number on the letter, the girl who answered was very pleasant however she didn’t know how to cancel an appointment and kept asking my mum if she was sure she’d already had her first dose! Mum’s 85 this year so comes under the pre 5th February deadline (which was met). A mix up somewhere and she’s probably not the only one, concerning if that’s a raft of appointments allocated to folk who won’t turn up as they’ve already had their first jag.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 12:23

Or more concerning is that someone may turn up thinking it is for second jab and actually receive it.
They may get a different vaccine way before 12 week gap.
There may be serious implications for this especially if that person is fragile anyway.

Might be an idea to alert someone more senior than you have so they can get to the bottom of it and prevent this potential risk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 14:04

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Mon 08 Feb 12:23

Or more concerning is that someone may turn up thinking it is for second jab and actually receive it.
They may get a different vaccine way before 12 week gap.
There may be serious implications for this especially if that person is fragile anyway.

Might be an idea to alert someone more senior than you have so they can get to the bottom of it and prevent this potential risk.

Yes, I’d agree it’s a bit concerning. Although to be fair it was clear on the letter the appointment was for a first dose. My mum already has her appointment for the second jag as this was given at the time of the first.

It isn’t just Fife either as I’ve read of the same thing happening in other health board areas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 14:55

Quote:

davepars, Sat 6 Feb 00:04

Have I missed them?

Plenty of reports of nursing home outbreaks after the jab.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 15:29

Jake is going explode now I fear 🤣

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 15:40

I'm getting it printed on a t-shirt right now...😂

My understanding is there will be no mixing of vaccines unless it's unavoidable. So if you got Pfizer first time then you get Pfizer second time.

My further understanding is that the calls are handled by the equivalent of MGT (if that still exists) so they probably only have limited records rather than access to the full patient record.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 21:27

Quote:

jake89, Mon 8 Feb 15:40

I'm getting it printed on a t-shirt right now...😂

My understanding is there will be no mixing of vaccines unless it's unavoidable. So if you got Pfizer first time then you get Pfizer second time.

My further understanding is that the calls are handled by the equivalent of MGT (if that still exists) so they probably only have limited records rather than access to the full patient record.

I was just saying that in the scenario where there was a mix up and letter sent for first jab to someone who already have it then there is the potential they gey a different vaccine at an earlier time than they should be getting second jab.

It certainly isn't what should be happening but there does seem to be some error in someone getting a letter who has already been vaccinated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 23:12

I don't know how it's working but the person administering it will be updating your record based on your CHI number. I'd assume it would show up if someone had already had a dose.

If we could all just get to grips with using the internet it would be a hell of a lot easier!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Tue 9 Feb 09:35

Quote:

dave67, Sat 6 Feb 15:33

Just got my blue envelope.
Friday the 13th

Saturday 13th
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Feb 09:54

Can anyone who's had the jag tell me how much time they spent in the vaccination centre altogether? There's no indication given in the letter.

I fondly imagined I'd arrive a maximum of 5 mins before my appointment and be on my way 5 mins after it. A friend of mine told me he spent a total of 40 mins at the East Church in Tescoland, last night as the snow came down and he was slightly concerned about driving home in it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Feb 10:11

NHS Fife have advised that anyone unable to attend for vaccination due to adverse weather do not need to take any action. Another appointment will be automatically generated.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Feb 10:54

I think there were issues with appointments yesterday GG. I'm not sure what the roads are like now but it was pretty bad at the Duloch campus/leisure centre last night and people had dumped cars on the road approaching it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Tue 9 Feb 11:01

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 9 Feb 09:54

Can anyone who's had the jag tell me how much time they spent in the vaccination centre altogether? There's no indication given in the letter.

I fondly imagined I'd arrive a maximum of 5 mins before my appointment and be on my way 5 mins after it. A friend of mine told me he spent a total of 40 mins at the East Church in Tescoland, last night as the snow came down and he was slightly concerned about driving home in it.

I believe that just like the flu' jag you are asked to wait for 15 minutes after receiving the vaccine before you leave; to make sure you are not drowsy/ have an immediate reaction.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: goldensixties  
Date:   Tue 9 Feb 14:12

I received the jab at EEP yesterday. I was asked to wait 15 minutes before driving home.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 10 Feb 08:33

The 15 minutes is to monitor for an allergic reaction. I think the recommendation is to extend it to 30 minutes for anyone who has a history of allergic reactions to vaccines or medicine.

It is probably a bit annoying and boring to sit around waiting for 15 minutes, but if you are one of the (very) unlucky people that have a reaction then the vaccination centre is the best place to be when it happens.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Feb 09:28

At EICC after I`d had my jag I was asked if I was driving home. When I said no I was allowed to leave right away.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Feb 09:31

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 10 Feb 09:28

At EICC after I`d had my jag I was asked if I was driving home. When I said no I was allowed to leave right away.

You are aware that there's a £10,000 fine if it transpires you were lying, wee eck?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Feb 11:16

Quote:

goldensixties, Tue 9 Feb 14:12

I received the jab at EEP yesterday. I was asked to wait 15 minutes before driving home.

You could have shovelled some snow off the pitch while you were waiting!🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:03

Probably a daft question but we keep getting headlines about all adults in the UK will be getting the vaccine by 31st July (most recent instance) & over 50’s by 15th April according to the PM’s plan but Nicola Sturgeon tells us this week the programme is slowing down owing to supply.

So for Scotland which is it? Surely they would be included in an all UK adults statement but I’ve not seen anything about how lost momentum would be regained

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:07

No point listening to national news. Consistently covering England-only news and giving mere seconds of coverage to "meanwhile in Scotland/Wales/NI...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:49

Quote:

P, Sun 21 Feb 10:03

Probably a daft question but we keep getting headlines about all adults in the UK will be getting the vaccine by 31st July (most recent instance) & over 50’s by 15th April according to the PM’s plan but Nicola Sturgeon tells us this week the programme is slowing down owing to supply.

So for Scotland which is it? Surely they would be included in an all UK adults statement but I’ve not seen anything about how lost momentum would be regained

the Scottish supply only slowing down for last week and this week more than likely then its due to ramp rite back up to more than what it was, which they have explained in the last 10 days or so since it was 1st announced it would lower numbers for a week or 2
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net