DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Customs scam
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 4 Mar 21:54

Be aware folks,guys phoning, up on your mobile,saying they are from customs and inland revenue. Just delete.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Mar 21:55)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Customs scam
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 09:26

I've had two phone calls to my mobile in recent weeks saying my N.I has been used in fraudulent activity in Wales. I wait for the man in the bowler hat to come chapping my door before I respond lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 11:04

There’s also a text scam going about.

I’ve had a couple of text messages this week telling me I have to pay £2.99 in charges before my parcel can be delivered. There’s also a link to a website to make payment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 12:59

I was with someone recently that took a call from someone saying there was a warrant out for his arrest due to unpaid tax and "offerring" to take payment over the phone.
He politely told them to post the details to his address and he would review them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 11:27

Sadly there are some punters who are taken in by these scams.

I find them almost entertaining - HMRC will issue a warrant for my arrest - that`ll be a good trick, seeing as the tax people don`t have such powers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:44

Another phone call today saying my N.I number has been used in fraudulent activity on the border on Wales now thats 3 calls in as many weeks. I will still wait on the man with the bowler hat chapping the door lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:06

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 23:14

Surprised today that my phone spammed a text by itself.Not that I`d have fallen for it as I don`t have a TSB account but quite impressed that the phone itself dumped it as some people do fall for scams.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 12:54

One morning, before lunchtime, we received FOUR calls from the SAME con merchant warning that BT would cut off our service if we didn`t speak to a customer service assistant by pressing 1..........we are with TalkTalk !!!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net