DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Slabbing
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Wed 17 Mar 21:38

Looking to get my back garden slabbed, only 30sq metres, I've been quoted some mental figures, anyone got a recommendation?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Slabbing
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Thu 18 Mar 17:38

What are they quoting for a square meter?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Thu 18 Mar 17:47

Quote for the whole lot, just standard grey slabs £5300
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 18 Mar 18:10

We have had quotes to get our garden part turfed and part slabbed. Quotes ranging between £2900 and £8500. Some absolute rip off merchants out there.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 07:24

£13000 for me. No thanks. DIY and hire the tools. Cannot get on holiday anyway! Back garden it is 🤨
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 07:30

Much as I hate to recommend the latter, keep an eye on Gumtree and Facebook market place; you can often pick up good quality unwanted slabs for free or much cheapness......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 08:20

Watch putting them in your boot though. Some of these slabs weigh a tonne. Don't want to save on the slabs to then scuff your bumper or wreck your suspension.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 09:09

Quote:

Alf, Wed 17 Mar 21:38

Looking to get my back garden slabbed, only 30sq metres, I've been quoted some mental figures, anyone got a recommendation?

Speak to Gary Clelland driveways. Just got ours done with something nicer than standard monoblock, 54 sq meters, and it was much less than your £5300. Edited to say he does garden work too.

Post Edited (Fri 19 Mar 09:12)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 09:21

Alf :- I had 13 sq meters laid last back end nice slabs with a wee grain on them for a garden table and chairs total was £750 hardcore, cemented in and pointed and I actually thought I had been overcharged but maybe not judging by some of the figures on here

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 11:58

Quote:

jake89, Fri 19 Mar 08:20

Watch putting them in your boot though. Some of these slabs weigh a tonne. Don't want to save on the slabs to then scuff your bumper or wreck your suspension.

Good call! I took several trips to collect the freebies we picked up last year...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 12:06

PriceYourJobToggle navigation
The Cost to Supply & Lay a Patio
Last updated 30th September 2020

Find out how much it costs to lay a patio including prices for different paving materials, and the cost of hiring a landscape gardener to carry out the work.

Lay Patio
READY TO GET A PRICE FOR YOUR JOB?
Get Prices
How Much Does Supplying and Laying Patio Cost?
Your garden is an extension of your house and as such will reflect your personality and who you are. To design your patio, you may take inspiration from your home or take an idea directly from a gardening magazine or hire a landscape designer to put a layout together for you. However, you decide on the design there are some fundamentals which will determine the cost of your new patio.

First, the size of your garden. Whether it is a typical suburban semi, an urban property or a detached country house with lots of outdoor space, this will be the biggest determining factor in cost. For example, an 8 square metre patio in concrete slabs will cost approximately £750-£1,000.

Secondly, what type of materials you decide to use. With a wide variety to choose from this will be a key factor in your budget. A higher-quality product such as marble will create a high end feel but will come at a cost with a 10 square metre patio costing in the region of £1,500.

Finally, whether you decide to supply and lay the patio yourself or hire a professional installer to do the work will impact on the final cost. A small patio in sandstone pavers will cost approximately £800 for all materials if you intend to lay the patio yourself.

Hiring a professional installer will cost around £110-£180 per day for a landscape gardener, although this price will vary according to where in the UK you live. There will normally be a team of two as a lot of the work requires two people. This will add anything up to £100 per day to the cost.

Of course, the design of a patio is as varied as the size and shape of our gardens. The typical rectangular shape is still very popular but can be broken up with different levels, planters and placement of garden furniture. Adding a circular patio area can break up an angular space and soften lines but will be a more involved job. Paving circles will typically cost between £30-£45 per square metre for sandstone pavers.

The style of your property should also be a consideration as a modern patio design may not suit a traditional style house.

The average UK garden is 14 square metres, according to the Horticultural Trade Association. This would allow 8-10 square metres to install a patio and still have room for flower beds or borders. You should also leave enough room to move around the area comfortably.

For a patio paved in concrete slabs, the cost would be around £40 per square metre or £350-£400 in total. This size of patio would take approximately 2 days to install including all preparatory work. Labour costs between £200-£300 per day so this would cos

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net