DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Broadband choices
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 21:50

Anyone on here with vodafone for their broadband?... Any good?
I've just dumped Virgin because of their constant price hikes and I'm never going back to sky for my broadband as they were useless.
I notice Vodafone do a broadband that guarantees no price rise for the term of the contract (24 months) so thought I might try them if the feedback is decent.
Regards.
Widders

Admin

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 22:20)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Broadband choices
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 23:09

Aye we've been with them since May. Never noticed any difference from the previous mob tbh. We just go with whoever is offering the best deal for the 60mb fibre when it comes renewal time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 08:45

No issues with Vodafone but not issues with previous suppliers using OpenReach lines either. Check for cashback deals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 03:20

You don’t notice any difference cos they use exactly the same network. Openreach.

Virgin are the only ones who don’t use it, so there will be very little difference between the rest other than price

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 07:27

Although they all use openreach for the last mile of delivery, each provider will have a different core network to back haul your data to the peering point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 11:52

We`ve had TalkTalk from the get go - no significant technical issues.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:34

Found Virgin fairly hopeless. Speeds not as good as they claim and fairly frequent outages. Their customer care was terrible from install through to my eventual cancellation. We'd been with them for years but due to their incompetence, there records showed me as being a new customer when I moved. They then used this to say I wasn't eligible for a free upgrade. The TiVo (realise they've moved on now) was rubbish.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:44

Did they ever send an engineer out? We had issues that we only took broadband and they hadn't configured the line properly with us not taking TV so we had a lot of issues with the service dropping.

After we got the engineer out to fix that the service with Virgin has been tremendous. Speeds are lightning fast and the only other service I've had that come close to them are another cable company with their own network called Hyperoptic down in London although I think they are in Edinburgh now so may be in Fife at some point.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 13:42

The speed was never a real issue but the cancellations patter is always the same (did the old cancel to get a better deal every time I was out of contract) - "you'll get slower broadband if you're not with us!". I pointed out to the guy that I was supposed to be getting 100mb but it was actually more like 40mb. Makes no odds to me as I've no need for 100mb.

I had to report them to the ombudsman for how they treated me as a customer as they essentially blocked me and wasted a lot of time passing the buck. I won't go into the details as it'd be like a short novel.

I suspect they're like most companies - fine until you have a problem.

I'll probably leave Vodafone when my contract is up soon but only because I probably won't get the £23.99 deal. I've had one outage in over a year. Customer service was brilliant with the set up and install.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 01:24

Hyperoptic supply mostly flats from my experience and their method of delivery is slightly different from other providers.
They order a number of Ethernet (EAD) services from their own Point of Presence in an exchange which is delivered by direct fibre over the Openreach network to a service cupboard or riser etc. You could then end up with maybe 5 users sharing a 100MB connection but most installations for them are 1GB nowadays.

Ultimately getting your own Broadband is much like sorting your car insurance, plenty of choice and you will hear good and bad about everyone. However there are only 2 networks that deliver it in West Fife Openreach and Virgin so it`s a choice of which re-seller you use or Virgin.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Doves  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 15:29

Binned Sky for BT and I think the service is much better and more stable.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net