DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 GP Provision
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 12:20

Mrs Plod has suffered from a recurring ear condition for the past while. Phoned the surgery this morning and asked to see an appropriate person, acknowledging that it didn’t necessarily require a GP. Advised that there are a lot of things that they don’t do anymore and was offered a telephone consultation. Telephone camera technology has clearly advanced at a greater rate than I thought!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: GP Provision
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 16:50

Quote:

Parplod, Mon 29 Mar 12:20

Mrs Plod has suffered from a recurring ear condition for the past while. Phoned the surgery this morning and asked to see an appropriate person, acknowledging that it didn’t necessarily require a GP. Advised that there are a lot of things that they don’t do anymore and was offered a telephone consultation. Telephone camera technology has clearly advanced at a greater rate than I thought!

My son had an ear infection last week. Was initially a telephone consultation and they asked for him to go in so they could have a look.
The receptionist is not in a position to decide what needs an in person and what can be done over phone. In the current climate that has to be doctors call.
[IP address logged]
 Re: GP Provision
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 17:55

Your lucky, I phoned last Monday at 8.00am only to be told there was no Doctor and they would have a locum, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning!

Don't pop your clogs on a Monday is the lesson learned!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net