DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sex Education
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 22:40

Currently watching and enjoying the Netflix series Sex Education.

Decided to google the actors and was astonished to learn that one of the main characters ....Mizero Ncuti Gatwa, who plays the openly gay Eric Effiong went to Dunfermline High.......you learn something every day.

I also did not realise that the “ Leading lady “ is none other than Gillian Anderson.

She’s changed....lol...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sex Education
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 22:50

Unfortunately, he was very poorly treated by the idiots who attend DHS so I can't see him coming back to give a talk.

Seems a nice guy so hopefully realises that not all of Dunfermline is filled with racist little a-holes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 23:17

Well I am sorry to hear that......Not all kids behave like that though, just a minority but enough to cause someone misery for sure.

Hope he goes on to have a successful career and all those who treated him badly are extremely jealous of him now...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 23:54

They seemingly set up a social media group suggesting he way wish to return from whence he came. Sound like a right bunch of charmers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 00:45

I was in his year, he was an generally an absolute tool of a person in all honesty
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 06:42

Weren’t we all when we were at school!!!?!

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 08:10

Looks like he has had the last laugh on the bullies and racists.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 10:28

It`s a bloody brilliant show. Series 3 should be out later this year - I can`t wait.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 10:48

I opened this thread thinking it would be about err.... sex education, given that in biology we only got as far as frogs and tadpoles.

Imagine my disappointment. 🙁

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 14:13

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 30 Mar 00:45

I was in his year, he was an generally an absolute tool of a person in all honesty

Genuinely interested in how so? I'd expect he would be quite outspoken given he works in a profession where you can't be a wallflower.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:25

Mostly his arrogance. Always had a 'I'm better than everyone here attitude'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:48

Heard from more than a few people that he was a **** tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:58

Obviously done very well by comparison to many of his school mates. And being a bit of a [rude word that admin won't let me use] is not excuse for people getting racist.

One thing I was interested in was an interview where he claimed his family was one of only four black families in Edinburgh. I had more than four black families on my STREET in Edinburgh. Okay, it was quite long, but I would strongly suspect there were more than four black families when he was a teenager 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 21:22

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 30 Mar 20:25

Mostly his arrogance. Always had a 'I'm better than everyone here attitude'.

Sounds like the arrogance wasn't misplaced.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 21:26

Quote:

jake89, Tue 30 Mar 20:58

Obviously done very well by comparison to many of his school mates. And being a bit of a [rude word that admin won't let me use] is not excuse for people getting racist.

One thing I was interested in was an interview where he claimed his family was one of only four black families in Edinburgh. I had more than four black families on my STREET in Edinburgh. Okay, it was quite long, but I would strongly suspect there were more than four black families when he was a teenager 😂

There's absolutely no excuse for racism.

From what I got told he was pretty horrible to people, people were horrible back to him, school kids in general are naughty word . I got racist abuse while I was in school due to being a bit tanned so I can absolutely see it being the case that he got it, however that was far more prevalent when I was younger. As I said kids are naughty word and will insult you about everything, ginger hair, weight, height (both tall and small) absolutely any characteristic was used as an insult, or was when I was at school.

I find it slightly comforting that I've had none of that as an adult, people grow up and realise what's right and wrong, when you're young it's just words, often said without knowledge of the real impact of them.

And aye I seen that interview, was absolutely nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 23:13

Most kids don’t realise what they are saying or how hurtful it can be to the victim. However if I ever found out any of my kids used racist language or indulged in racist abuse , I would have come down on them like a ton of bricks.

It comes down to parenting at the end of the day.

I have two white Scottish grown up children, one black African step daughter and a mixed race child, so I am well placed to see it from all sides.

High school kids can be horrible. 99% will grow up and be mortified at how they behaved and what they said at a young age.

Regardless of your creed, colour or religion, you deserve respect....however if you are a pretentious t**t , you deserve to get called out for it , regardless of you creed, colour or religion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 02:12

For what's it's worth, I don't recall any of the abuse aimed at him being in any way racial, mostly it was telling him to stop being a complete t*ss*r. Fair play to him for doing well in life but some of the interviews he's done for that show describing 'jock culture' in that year are just laughibly made up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:46

Thanks for the giggles GG! Bless ye sir 😘

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net