DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Have sky cinema but asking to upgrade to watch some films
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 19:11

Any idea if this is correct?

I subscribe to sky cinema through virgin and can watch through the cable/Virgin box.

Anyway just checked what the new film was in the premieres and can see it looks like Antebellum. However, if I go to watch it it days upgrade to watch and I have to hit a subscribe button (where all the other films in premiers just play

Is that right and is there two tiers of sky cinema subscription?

Post Edited (Fri 02 Apr 19:36)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Have sky cinema but asking to upgrade to watch some films
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 19:39

there did used to be a 2 tiered set up where you could chose, 1 half or other and having both got you premier channels.

check with supplier what you`re subscription is and entitles you too. They may not have migrated you to the "new" packages etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 20:00

Have you just subscribed or have you been using it in the past without any issues?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 20:57

On Virgin as well, only asking for pin to access, Is it available in UHD, if so that might be upgrade?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 21:00

I think there is sky cinema, where you can watch anything listed as part of your subscription. And there is sky store where you can buy and keep new releases prior to them being aired on sky cinema. I think they send out a copy of the blu-ray/DVD while allowing you to stream your purchase.

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 22:48

I have the sky cinema package through Virgin and I was able to start watching Antebellum through the on demand service and on the Sky Premier channel at the scheduled time.
DPB wouldn`t have access to sky store through virgin media but their equivalent which is called the Virgin Media Store.
Possibly if DPB was trying to watch his desired film through the on demand service it would ask him to upgrade if the on demand service was currently down. Happens occasionally on Virgin Media network despite it being generally an excellent service.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 04:17

You may be trying to watch an HD/UHD version of the movie and not have that particular subscription. Is there an option to choose the format you view in?

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 07:51

So I go to ‘on demand’ then ‘sky cinema’

(There’s also a new Sky cinema UHD which haven’t noticed before - the films in that section are all also ‘upgrade to watch’)

So select ‘sky cinema’ and go to ‘Premiers’ which opens a page of all the available films.

As I scroll through them, they are all ‘included in my package’ apart from that one film Antebellum which is ‘upgrade to watch’

I wonder if it is only UHD and in the wrong group?

Post Edited (Sat 03 Apr 07:52)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 10:06

Description of film did not show it as being UHD, though if recent I would imagine it would be!

I have recorded it to watch later, I looked at it after reading this post and it played no problem.

I recently contacted Virgin regarding subscriptions as every time I go into my account it asks me to upgrade to Sky Sports and Sky Cinema, subs I already have.

Good packages/broadband but the Customer service leaves a lot to be desired!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 11:44

I suppose that was on demand section... I could tape it from the actual sky channels for later
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 5 Apr 21:49

Sky Movies are p*** poor, allegedly

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:51

For future reference DBP the main play option seems to link to the UHD version and SKY UHD films are an optional extra.

When you select the film rather than choosing play if the UHD symbol is showing, scroll down to the bottom of the three options which I think was get movie and you should then have the option to play the HD version as part of your package. Sorry I didn't reply earlier but only came across the same issue last night.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net