DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Line of Duty
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 2 May 22:44

Left disappointed by tonight, hope that wasn’t the final season as it’s finished on a bit of a downer.

Post Edited (Sun 02 May 22:44)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Line of Duty
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 2 May 23:00

Really poor ending. It was made clear a few times that there were people higher up than him both in the police and ocg so how they could say he was the man is beyond me. I hope they've got something up their sleeve.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Mon 3 May 00:20

Has been superb over 6 series, really gripping. That was a bit of a wet fart of an ending tonight especially if that is the end of the whole thing. I suspect it will come back, it seemed like it was left open for it to return, especially Hastings challenging his enforced retirement.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 3 May 08:46

Felt very rushed last night. I prefer a 90 minute end episode.

And the guy that plays Buckles grinds me gears. They could have picked a better actor than him surely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 3 May 09:18

I was hoping for a Usual Suspects style switch where the bad guy changed from being a bumbling idiot to suddenly the crime lord he's been hiding. It was disappointing acting and rushed writing as above.

I'm glad in a way they resolved a lot of the story. I'm not sure just how many series people would keep wondering who the 4th man is without becoming bored, especially with so long between series.

I really hoped the big smug Welsh chief of police would get his comeuppance!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Mon 3 May 12:25

Really disappointing finale with no real twists or turns. The way the actors were speaking online before it made it look like it was the last one, but it certainly didn`t seem like the end last night. Time wasted on the occupational health, Corbett`s wife and Hastings problems surely have to lead somewhere or it was a complete waste of space. Carmichael was very quiet as well and I feel there has to be more to come on her and the chief!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Mon 3 May 13:00

Spoiler alert though assume you would not read this thread unless you've seen it or have no interest ... Otherwise stop reading.

I enjoyed it with the conclusion of so many story lines. So it wasn't all big drama but I found it quite effective with the opportunity to continue if needed.
Loved them jumping out the prison van on the OCG and the finding of the evidence box that the OCG used as leverage, linking to previous storylines as well as demise of Ryan.
Loved the occ health engagement being about support rather than demonisation and that it had been instigated by Ted in a positive way.
Liked the honesty of Ted and the conclusion of the John Corbett/his mum/ Ted triangle
Liked it was Buckles hiding in plain site and that none of the suggested plot outcomes I'd seen suggested him. Do i think he's the final part... Nah, he kept saying he passed on the messages so who is directing him??
Liked that Jimmy Nesbitt wasn't parachuted in and had no additional presence.
Liked the happy ending for Jo and Terry Boyle who had horrible life experiences through no fault of their own.
Liked Kate's return to AC12 and the resolution of differences between the three amigos.
Liked the prison guards getting their come uppance.
Liked that Chris and Chloe are good guys.. (so far..)
Liked that it's now in Carmichaels hands to decide how she progresses with the info Ted gave her - love her character.
Leaves open the institutionalised corruption aspects which can be found in so many organisations and liked the fact it unfortunately reflects current UK government shenanigans.

So all in all, not bad for 60mins entertainment and plenty openings for another series though equally happy if it stops there. For those disappointed (and I acknowledge I seem to be out on a limb) - what did you want to happen? Genuinely interested.

Post Edited (Mon 03 May 13:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 3 May 13:04

I thought Nigel Boyle played Ian Buckells as the not too bright and over promoted DCI really well.

Differing opinions, you pays your money.......etc., etc.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Mon 3 May 13:24

Quote:

Parfect68, Mon 3 May 13:00

Spoiler alert though assume you would not read this thread unless you've seen it or have no interest ... Otherwise stop reading.

I enjoyed it with the conclusion of so many story lines. So it wasn't all big drama but I found it quite effective with the opportunity to continue if needed.
Loved them jumping out the prison van on the OCG and the finding of the evidence box that the OCG used as leverage, linking to previous storylines as well as demise of Ryan.
Loved the occ health engagement being about support rather than demonisation and that it had been instigated by Ted in a positive way.
Liked the honesty of Ted and the conclusion of the John Corbett/his mum/ Ted triangle
Liked it was Buckles hiding in plain site and that none of the suggested plot outcomes I'd seen suggested him. Do i think he's the final part... Nah, he kept saying he passed on the messages so who is directing him??
Liked that Jimmy Nesbitt wasn't parachuted in and had no additional presence.
Liked the happy ending for Jo and Terry Boyle who had horrible life experiences through no fault of their own.
Liked Kate's return to AC12 and the resolution of differences between the three amigos.
Liked the prison guards getting their come uppance.
Liked that Chris and Chloe are good guys.. (so far..)
Liked that it's now in Carmichaels hands to decide how she progresses with the info Ted gave her - love her character.
Leaves open the institutionalised corruption aspects which can be found in so many organisations and liked the fact it unfortunately reflects current UK government shenanigans.

So all in all, not bad for 60mins entertainment and plenty openings for another series though equally happy if it stops there. For those disappointed (and I acknowledge I seem to be out on a limb) - what did you want to happen? Genuinely interested.

Fantastic summary!

https://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 3 May 15:51

BBC confirms there is another series.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 3 May 15:59

I just thought the storylines that they spun for a while just ended abruptly.

The Occupational Health scene, really struggled to see the point of it with it ending as it did.

What was the real point of Rohan Sindwhani.

Arnott & Fleming really didn’t do much at all this season, it was Chloe and Chris who did all the work.

Jo Davidson herself also didn’t do much and was a poor character if you think about previous, Gates, Denton, I wasn’t a fan of Huntley but at least she had more about her.

The interviews as well lacked the gripping nature of previous seasons, all I remember from this seasons is ‘no comment’, nothing like the interviews with Cotten and Denton for example.

I thought Carmichael would have played a more prominent role, they made her out as a mysterious one, reluctant to get too involved in the wider OCG network but nothing happened.

Then for all the build up for the culprit to be Buckells was just a huge let down, his character is poor and the acting was horrific. There is no way he’s top of the food chain. I would rather it was Fairbank out of the two.

Was expecting to see more of Osbourne, thought it might have been fitting to end the storyline with him more involved seeing how the show started.

It just all felt rushed, and incomplete, hoping there’s a seventh season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 May 19:20

How does Buckles get promoted up the chain of command if he's the top ocg man on the inside?
I could understand him being a co-ordinator of various gangs but him sending the messages via vpn from prison seemed a wee bit far fetched. Unless there were officers on the ocg payroll I guess.
The one thing that I felt needed explaining from last week was how come the girls switched to Steve's car after the shooting only to be intercepted within minutes. How did they know to look for his car?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Mon 3 May 19:27

Quote:

JTH123, Mon 3 May 19:20

How does Buckles get promoted up the chain of command if he's the top ocg man on the inside?
I could understand him being a co-ordinator of various gangs but him sending the messages via vpn from prison seemed a wee bit far fetched. Unless there were officers on the ocg payroll I guess.
The one thing that I felt needed explaining from last week was how come the girls switched to Steve's car after the shooting only to be intercepted within minutes. How did they know to look for his car?

JTH Carmichael & Osborne had authorised tracking devices on AC12 vehicles
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 3 May 19:28

Quote:

JTH123, Mon 3 May 19:20

Carmichael said all ac-12 officers had had trackers fitted to their cars. Assume that given Steve's whereabouts was known but his car was moving somewhere else that was how.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 May 19:32

I got the tracker bit but it seemed a bit tenuous that they would be looking for that. That's all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 May 19:41

"Unless there were officers on the ocg payroll I guess."

There were - remember what happened to DI Lindsay Denton in prison.

The same corrupt female prison officers were collared in the final episode last night.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 May 19:52

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 May 20:01

Yeah I saw that VEE. I should have said that there would need to be pretty senior prison staff in the pay of ocg to prevent his equipment being found considering shift changes, holidays etc and that they do random cell searches.

Post Edited (Mon 03 May 20:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 3 May 20:08

The laptop was hidden behind a panel. What I didn't get was the need for the laptop at all. Could have done all that from a smartphone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 3 May 22:36

Here`s the thing.

It was fiction.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 4 May 01:21

Quote:

Jbob, Mon 03 May 22:36

Here`s the thing.

It was fiction.

No sh1t Sherlock

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 4 May 16:19

I like how, in the interests of brevity, they don't say "gun shot wound" (three syllables) but "GSW" (five) instead.

I wonder if Kate does come back to AC-12 she'll get her old call-sign back so they can be "45 and 37" again, just like Bodie and Doyle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 9 May 15:56

so binged it on friday/saturday - watched the previous series when they came out and spent the first 3 episodes thinking i was watching the wrong series as it all seemed very familiar.

got good from middle to end of last episode but thought ending was a little weak.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 13 May 18:56

It was pretty poor in the end. The acting by the guy who played Buckles was awful, especially they way he just pretty much confessed during the interview. At one point when the 3 main characters were having a discussion it felt a bit to me like one of those skits that characters from soaps have to do during Comic Relief. It came across as poorly written and badly acted, which was a pity as it had been excellent previously.
The other thing that strikes me is how many people are so into this series but if you mention to them the corruption taking place in the UK Government they couldn't care less
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net