DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New mobile scam text - from ‘Hermes’ delivery
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 10 May 05:33

Received this this morning,

Hermes: Sorry we missed you. Our driver will be redelivering tomorrow. Please reschedule and cover the £1.45 service fee here: https://parcel-reshipping-fee.net

Haven’t ordered anything from Hermes and clearly a scam - if you get one - IGNORE!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New mobile scam text - from ‘Hermes’ delivery
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Mon 10 May 08:23

I got one from santander last week saying there has been abnormal activity on my account. I don't even deal with this bank
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 10 May 08:48

Hope GG Riva is paying attention?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Mon 10 May 10:31

had this countless times from Hermes paid it countless times still waiting on my parcels being delivered in fact that money could have been put to good use paying for a fake national insurance number so i can come out of hiding due to them coming to arrest me.
aye ok the above is a joke of course but obviously some innocent folk fall for these scams from the money reportedly made from them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 10 May 13:45

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 10 May 08:48

Hope GG Riva is paying attention?

Haven't that one yet. Keep getting calls from Amazon - where did they get my home No? - advising me that they are taking £79.99 for my Amazon Prime account which I don't have .....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 10 May 14:41

I get a call from a UK number with a recorded message talking in Chinese. Maybe I am one digit away from the Chinese 007 agent.
The best one yet however was an English guy getting irate with me when he asked why I had called him (when I hadn’t). He was furious. If I wasn’t at work I would have strung him along for fun, but just couldn’t be bothered. The original angry caller.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 10 May 17:17

Some scams are (almost) unbelievable.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/dating-apps-catfish-fraud-tinder-20526830

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 10 May 17:49

Managed to get a charge for 1.99 for Amazon Prime after using the cash point at the local garage last week. First time i have used the card for 15 months. And Amazon appear to make it almost impossible to query the charge. Getting loads of calls from abroad just now as well.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Mon 10 May 21:36

I'm still waiting on the fraud agency chapping my door for the supposed illegal activity on my N.I number. Its been apparently doing the rounds down in Wales yet when I get the phone call and stay on the line to talk to someone they're quick to hang up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 11 May 10:46

We`ve just taken a call at work from someone claiming to be from Openreach and asking for IP addresses for our router.
It was a German number.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net