DAFC.net
Home 19 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rise of covid in Glasgow.
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 14 May 23:08

Dare I say it,its due to Asian and Indian,communities, ignoring, numbers in households.Oh wait a minute, you can't say that.But it's true.Dare say they are not the only ones,but they,are the root cause.

Post Edited (Fri 14 May 23:22)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rise of covid in Glasgow.
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 14 May 23:28

Quote:

twin par, Fri 14 May 23:08

Dare I say it,its due to Asian and Indian,communities, ignoring, numbers in households.Oh wait a minute, you can't say that.But it's true.Dare say they are not the only ones,but they,are the root cause.

Got any evidence of this or are you just a racist piece of 💩?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 14 May 23:28

They must be the root cause in Moray as well.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 14 May 23:44

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Fri 14 May 23:28

Quote:

twin par, Fri 14 May 23:08

Got any evidence of this or are you just a racist piece of 💩?

Rather unfair to call him racist for saying this as he is probably not wrong, as reported in The Herald this week.

"She added that some of the localised increases in infection also correlated with Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities where there is more vaccine hesitancy.

"There is some evidence that they are more affected by this [increase]," said Dr de Caestecker.

"There's a higher number of these groups in the populations in these postcodes, and so we're working really closely with these communities."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 14 May 23:48

So it`s down to vaccine hesitancy in those groups then....

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 15 May 00:41

A lot of Muslim's are apprehensive but the Muslim groups all support vaccination.

Can't say I have spotted any BAME people disregarding the rules any more than white people.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 00:47

I'm not racist sandindiefreak,I wondered when someone would play the racist card.Just stating facts .Don't care a toss what you call me,Been called worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 15 May 03:09

Quote:

twin par, Sat 15 May 00:47

I'm not racist sandindiefreak,I wondered when someone would play the racist card.Just stating facts .Don't care a toss what you call me,Been called worse.

You kinda raced to make the point though.

I get your point though. We shouldn't be afraid to call out the cause of a problem. I really dont see why it was neccessary for you to do it in this instance though.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 15 May 06:14

The amount of travel to India and back at a point in time seemed to be concerning given the challenges that country was facing.

Thankfully the link to deaths in the UK appears to be low despite the increase in the variant.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/14/vaccine-hesitancy-could-behind-rise-indian-covid-variant/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 07:06

Quote:

twin par, Sat 15 May 00:47

It's not facts though. It's down to vaccine hesitancy not mixing in houses as you claimed.
Also I didn't claim you were racist I asked if you were.
Please provide evidence that it is down to ethnic minorities mixing in houses.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sat 15 May 07:28

Is it just a coincidence that a few weeks ago India was put on the red list ? At the time the government announced that India would be included in the red list they gave about a week`s notice and charter planes were used to get people back into the country before the deadline to avoid them having to pay to isolate in hotels. How many that returned did isolate properly at home? It makes no sense to me for the government to give so much notice when taking the step to place countries on the red list, if there is evidence of a problem act immediately to prevent the spread, don`t allow thousands of people who should not have been on holiday anyway at that time to return before acting. This should apply each time a country is placed on the red list. we are an island it could be so easy to prevent the importation of various strains, look at New Zealand`s figures. they have been able to live a normal life for months now by keeping their borders closed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 07:34

Boris had a £1billion UK - India trade deal to get over the line.
You should know by now money is more important the lives to the Tories.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 08:05

Sadindiefreak what is Nicola`s excuse? We have had different rules to the rest of the UK throughout the pandemic, but still far too slow to act.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 08:53

Quote:

oapar, Sat 15 May 08:05

Sadindiefreak what is Nicola`s excuse? We have had different rules to the rest of the UK throughout the pandemic, but still far too slow to act.

How does the SG have control over travel from India?
All we can do is have different quarantine measures when people do come in. Which we actually do have.
SG wanted to lockdown before Westminster did but we don't hold the purse strings and have limited borrowing powers so unable to introduce a furlough scheme alone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 09:49

Not interested save it for politics forum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:02

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:03

COVID goes up because there is hesitation on vaccine and the result is a lockdown. People who have hesitated throw their arms up and complain about another lockdown. COVID goes up because there is hesitation on vaccine and the result is a lockdown. People who have hesitated throw their arms up and complain about another lockdown. COVID goes up because there is hesitation on vaccine and the result is a lockdown. People who have hesitated throw their arms up and complain about another lockdown.

There's something not right here...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:14

Quote:

oapar, Sat 15 May 09:49

Not interested save it for politics forum.

You asked a question with a political angle because you mentioned Nicola .,SIF answered respectfully, you reply "Not interested...." why pose the question if you don't want to hear the answer, or is it because it was an answer that didn't suit your narrative ?

Post Edited (Sat 15 May 10:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:49

Not at all Parfect 68, we all have views, some are intelligence based and some are bias based. End of.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 15 May 11:01

Quote:

oapar, Sat 15 May 10:49

Not at all Parfect 68, we all have views, some are intelligence based and some are bias based. End of.

You asked a question then started crying when you got an answer. Jog on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 15 May 12:12

Why is it 100% on those hesitating on taking a vaccine?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 12:16

08:38
Vaccines 'almost certainly less effective' at reducing transmission of Indian variant

It's likely that coronavirus vaccines are not as effective at reducing transmission of the Indian variant than others, the deputy chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has said.

Professor Anthony Harnden told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The vaccines may be less effective against mild disease but we don't think they're less effective against severe disease.

"But in combination with being less effective against mild disease, they're almost certainly less effective against transmission."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:18

Quote:

Berry, Sat 15 May 12:16

08:38
Vaccines 'almost certainly less effective' at reducing transmission of Indian variant

It's likely that coronavirus vaccines are not as effective at reducing transmission of the Indian variant than others, the deputy chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has said.

Professor Anthony Harnden told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The vaccines may be less effective against mild disease but we don't think they're less effective against severe disease.

"But in combination with being less effective against mild disease, they're almost certainly less effective against transmission."

"Less effectively" could be a broad church. The statement doesn't add a huge amount in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:19

Also ‘we don’t think’ is not exactly convincing either.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:21

You can`t listen to that professor though as he`d be urging you to get the vaccine Berry.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:33

The vaccine where there is little certainty on whether it caters for the most worried about variant to date.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Rise of covid in Glasgow
Date:   Sat 15 May 14:37

Seldom any certainties in life. I mean you can`t be certain that that, regardless of age, that if you contract covid it won`t make you seriously ill. All you can do is play the percentages in my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:51

Our numbers going up manly on the back of millions of people leaving the house to vote last week. Or just a coincidence.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:55

Nah because millions more leave the house to go shopping everyday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sun 16 May 16:54

What a honking opening post.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 22:30

Don't think so.I will be proved correct. The snow flakes,are just too PC correct to say it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 06:42

Keep it to the Daily Mail comments section...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 17 May 10:44

Like it or not, he does have a point. It is rarely mentioned in the media or by the politicians but if you look at the ethnic make up of areas where localised outbreaks have occurred, you can see patterns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 11:54

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 17 May 10:44

Like it or not, he does have a point. It is rarely mentioned in the media or by the politicians but if you look at the ethnic make up of areas where localised outbreaks have occurred, you can see patterns

Factually the ethnic make up of the areas do have patterns as you say but I would suggest that it may be larger households(multi generational) in ethnic groups that have been vaccine reluctant that have lead to large cluster outbreaks hence the targetted public health messaging to encourage vaccine uptake because without, transmission will be far reaching. I've seen no specific evidence of ignoring rules on numbers in households.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 17 May 11:56

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 15 May 07:34

Boris had a £1billion UK - India trade deal to get over the line.
You should know by now money is more important the lives to the Tories.

At least now we're acknowledging our government don't give a toss about our health, only money....bit of progress.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 17 May 12:58

Quote:

Parfect68, Mon 17 May 11:54

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 17 May 10:44

Factually the ethnic make up of the areas do have patterns as you say but I would suggest that it may be larger households(multi generational) in ethnic groups that have been vaccine reluctant that have lead to large cluster outbreaks hence the targetted public health messaging to encourage vaccine uptake because without, transmission will be far reaching. I've seen no specific evidence of ignoring rules on numbers in households.

It has been happening a lot and it will happen especially during religious festivals.

I don't blame them as people need to get on with their lives. and the govt should have had contingency measures in place ready to go rather than reacting in a panic.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 13:22

My understanding is it's not to do with meeting up. The issue is a vaccine hesitancy combined with a higher proportion of people from Asian backgrounds living in multi-generational households.

There's a lot of work going on with faith groups who are supportive of the vaccination programme and are working to encourage people to take it. My understanding is there are no religious grounds for not taking it (unless it's a lesser known religion).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 17 May 16:18

If we learn lessons from America where it’s mostly black and ethnic from certain poorer areas that have the highest rates is down to...

More densely populated areas, eg flats with lots of traffic on the stairs/communal areas, busier local shops etc

Lower paid jobs so they generally have to keep going out to work and aren’t afforded the luxury of working from home to reduce their risk

Lower incomes so are much more likely to take the bus to work as opposed to driving in their own car which would reduce the spread

Lower opportunity so households have more in them as kids are not off at university or living in their own house with a nice job

They’re also more likely to be carers as retirement homes are out of their price range

Wonder if any of those apply here

Post Edited (Mon 17 May 16:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 07:41

Quote:

jake89, Mon 17 May 13:22

My understanding is it's not to do with meeting up. The issue is a vaccine hesitancy combined with a higher proportion of people from Asian backgrounds living in multi-generational households.

There's a lot of work going on with faith groups who are supportive of the vaccination programme and are working to encourage people to take it. My understanding is there are no religious grounds for not taking it (unless it's a lesser known religion).

Completely this Jake and what DBP describes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 18 May 08:25

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Fri 14 May 23:28Got any evidence of this or are you just a racist piece of 💩?

"I'm not saying you're racist, I was just asking if you are..."

😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net