DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Biometric Passports
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Fri 28 May 12:09

Another one that I thought I`d throw out there to the wisdom of .net...

I was having a chat to colleagues about the new blue British passport and the conversation turned toward "biometric" and exactly what this entails. Have to say I`m very curious.

As far as we could find, it seems that different countries store different information on passports and it seems that the information shared between states depends on the agreements between the home nation of the passport and the nation you`re entering.

For the most part though, it would seem that the British passport contains ID data but, as far as I can remember, I never had to give my fingerprints although in Sweden this is a requirement for both the national ID and the Passport - both are provided by the Police here and you have to attend an appointment at your local station.

Does anyone know exactly what information is on the chip in a British passport?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Biometric Passports
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 28 May 12:37

I`d hazard a guess at some sort of facial recognition data that is gleaned from your photo. The chips also act as a micro transmitter so The Man can activate the nano bots that many of us have been injected with these past months.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
 Re: Biometric Passports
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 28 May 15:11

Hasn't this been about ages ago? I remember going through Heathrow around 2011/12 and having my face scanned numerous times as I moved between terminals.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net