DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Your medical records....
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 12:56

Not sure what's happening in Scotland....

They have been quiet on this.....must be because they are so busy on covid, obviously......

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/03/gp-nhs-digital-data-patients-records-england

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jun 12:57)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Your medical records....
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 13:14

England only. NHS Scotland is separate.

Either way, it's sharing, not selling as some media outlets is suggesting. It's to improve services and understanding rather than anything sinister.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 13:26

Link on how to opt out of your confidential health records being shared is on Twitter.

Those in London whose surgeries have been sold off won't have that option!🤔😷
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 14:32

Quote:

jake89, Sat 5 Jun 13:14

England only. NHS Scotland is separate.

Either way, it's sharing, not selling as some media outlets is suggesting. It's to improve services and understanding rather than anything sinister.

They don't have a good track record in doing this appropriately and, while I haven't read the small print, it does sound rather concerning that they appear to have the ability to shift on the data which is provided before you choose to withdraw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 16:01

I found it a little sinister when NHS Scotland contacted me by email on arrival in the UK last month. They claimed I had arrived in Scotland and would need to self-isolate. Their information was faulty- I had arrived in London and was self-isolating at a farmhouse in the back of beyond near Wiltshire. I did however intend to visit Scotland once my quarantine period was over and later leave the country from Edinburgh airport, although it is not clear to me how NHS Scotland would have known this.

When I received NHS Scotland’s vaguely threatening email I had not yet booked a hotel in Scotland nor my return plane tickets. Did they have access to my hired car details? Or maybe they established I have a contact address in Fife, although I am not on any NHS GPs list? It was rather strange to arrive in London on a UK passport, yet to be acknowledged as a Scot.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 20:38

I'd report that. NHS Scotland use text or phone to advise to self isolate. I'm not aware of them using email.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 21:11

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 23:18

NHS Scotland said they had tried to contact me by phone and failed, hence the email.

What is odd to me is that I had registered to self-isolate in England, having given all my details to the NHS, and testing kits were delivered before I even took up residence in my Wiltshire backwater. A Covid Marshall did arrive in the back of beyond after three days to establish where I was claiming to be. I took two tests which were negative.

But all this information should have been available to NHS in Scotland, so I am still uneasy that they assumed, or anticipated my later travel plans. They seemed to know more about my plans than I did.

sammer
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 10:37

If you had a flight booked to leave from Edinburgh Airport that might have been all they were informed of.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 10:50

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/04/tories-nhs-data-grab-pandemic?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 11:51

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sun 6 Jun 10:37

If you had a flight booked to leave from Edinburgh Airport that might have been all they were informed of.

He hadn't book anything in Scotland nor is he registered in Scotland. Seems fishy to me. My wife worked on that programme of work and isn't aware of anyone being emailed. It's always phone and SMS. NHS and NHS Scotland are two different bodies and are terrible at sharing data at the best of times as they use different systems.

Are you secretly a person of interest, Sammer? 🤫
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 13:54

Well only going to get worse as Dido Harding is making a bid to become head of NHS England!

The one of test & trace fame and formerly in charge of Talk Talk when their data breach occurred.

She must have some dirt on Johnson!🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 10:22

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 6 Jun 13:54

Well only going to get worse as Dido Harding is making a bid to become head of NHS England!

The one of test & trace fame and formerly in charge of Talk Talk when their data breach occurred.

She must have some dirt on Johnson!🤔

And her husband will be backing her up, not corrupt at all...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 15:36

Due to the uproar, the 1st July deadline now pushed back 2 months, confidentiality seems to be the problem along with lack of notice to public!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 9 Jun 09:48

Quote:

sammer, Sat 05 Jun 23:18

NHS Scotland said they had tried to contact me by phone and failed, hence the email.

What is odd to me is that I had registered to self-isolate in England, having given all my details to the NHS, and testing kits were delivered before I even took up residence in my Wiltshire backwater. A Covid Marshall did arrive in the back of beyond after three days to establish where I was claiming to be. I took two tests which were negative.

But all this information should have been available to NHS in Scotland, so I am still uneasy that they assumed, or anticipated my later travel plans. They seemed to know more about my plans than I did.

Hello Sammer I did some work on GDPR this week and you have the rights to request what information you have pertaining to this case. It may or may not be valid for them to share and disclose this information between the groups involved. They have to comply in 72 hours by law to your request and you can ask how your data is shared to be changed once you have the disclosure. Up until that point I believe they share as they see fit. Until they are called upon, I suppose. Who to contact in this case could be a minefield! It sounds a bit dodgy however.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Jun 10:34

Thanks for that.

I`m not unduly concerned about my own medical records but I am certainly aware of the potential data power grab that covid regulations could allow. I`m of a generation who was brought up to believe that if you didn`t break the law then the only information the government could have of you was your national insurance number and that you were on the voters` roll.

When I was in self-isolation there were several messages badgering me to transfer my results to some NHS site. The supposed lure was that I would be able to walk into pubs and restaurants with some `app` on a mobile phone that showed I was covid free. When I saw the word `app` that was the end of the matter for me.

sammer
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net