DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The disaster that is Track and Trace
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 17:41

Unfortunately I’ve just been tested positive for Covid and as someone who wants to do their bit wanted to update the test and track app so people I have been near can get a test.

Little did I know how broken this thing is - to update the app you need a 6 digit code you get when you test positive, however it’s not on the letter, so I call them up to get the code and after waiting 40 mins to get through, they tell me that they call people directly to talk about it and give the code although there is no timescale on this code as they are “a bit behind”.

So meanwhile, as my mate and I believe we caught it watching the England v Scotland game in Edinburgh there could be loads wandering about spreading it unknowingly while we wait on the call.

It’s a disgrace it really is.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The disaster that is Track and Trace
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 17:54

They're inundated right now and are pulling people out of other NHS teams to support.

There's also the issue of Scottish Government getting involved in these processes where really they should leave it to NHS Scotland and Public Health Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 17:57

Normally I wouldn’t bother - but I thought it was only a cold until my mate called me to say he’d tested positive so how many others are out there spreading

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 18:05

Been a massive spike. Hardly surprising with all the pubs being open and nice weather. The town was mobbed earlier. So whilst the likes of East End are still shut, there are plenty of places to pick it up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 18:08

In March I tested positive, got the result late on the Tuesday night, I received my text with code at 11.37 am the following morning after Test and protect had phoned.

I was reading that 2/3rd`s of positives at the moment are Men, not hard to work out why

Post Edited (Thu 24 Jun 18:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 19:30

Westies squint kicks wrote:

>
> I was reading that 2/3rd`s of positives at the moment are Men,
> not hard to work out why
>
>
>
> Post Edited (Thu 24 Jun 18:09)

Yep it’s not hard - the bar I was in sold tickets and we weren’t even given seats - the singing was as loud as you’d hear on the terracing and plenty of dancing going on with zero distancing going on. I will admit to enjoying it at the time but looking back it wouldn’t be surprising if there’s a big outbreak from there. Zero rules were adhered to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 20:04

My son tested positive on Saturday, got the code on Sunday morning. Couldn't fault it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 20:53

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 22:41

Quote:

ParfectXI, Thu 24 Jun 19:30

Westies squint kicks wrote:

>
> I was reading that 2/3rd`s of positives at the moment are Men,
> not hard to work out why
>
>
>
> Post Edited (Thu 24 Jun 18:09)

Yep it’s not hard - the bar I was in sold tickets and we weren’t even given seats - the singing was as loud as you’d hear on the terracing and plenty of dancing going on with zero distancing going on. I will admit to enjoying it at the time but looking back it wouldn’t be surprising if there’s a big outbreak from there. Zero rules were adhered to.

My niece was saying that loads of folk she knows went down to London for the match, got back up here, spent Sunday and Monday in bars in Dunfermline and Rosyth and many of them have now tested positive. Expect a Covid spike soon
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 22:44

Quote:

EEP, Thu 24 Jun 20:53

But if you have had the first jag or both then why do you have to isolate?
I thought getting both jags would lead to carry on as you feel bad like a cold but folk still go out?

Because you can still spread it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 22:58

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 23:09

Quote:

EEP, Thu 24 Jun 22:58

So we will need to self isolate for the rest of our lives? What about catching the cold or flu?

Once around 70 to 75% have had both doses then herd immunity should take effect and we should in theory be in a position to carry on as normal.
We are not at that level yet but getting there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 23:10

No to your first question and I`m not sure what your second question is asking? Covid is far far more lethal to certain people than the flu.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 02:44

Self isolating then would be a good idea too:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-has-disappeared-worldwide-during-the-covid-pandemic1/

Rather a lot of people still alive and all you have to do is spend a week in the house.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 08:47

Dunno if it's already been pointed out but a rep of mine was in my house 2 weeks ago, has had both jabs, felt rotten and tested positive 3 days ago.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 08:59

We can only guess how bad he`d have felt if he hadn`t had two jags.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:16

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 25 Jun 08:59

We can only guess how bad he`d have felt if he hadn`t had two jags.

That's right, we can only guess. The jabs don't seem to have stopped him getting it anyway
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:56

The jabs don't stop you getting it. They reduce the symptoms. You could be feeling totally great today and have caught COVID from a door handle in the pub.

Had a friend tested yesterday. Still waiting on results. It used to be they came the very next morning. Looks like they're handling a lot more!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 12:58

The jabs also reduce the chance of passing it on. So the more folks get jabbed, the less chance of them passing it to you.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 13:39

What we don`t need to guess about is the huge impact this vaccine is now having. 80 thousand cases of the delta variant among the under 50s has resulted unfortunately in 8 deaths. None of the 8 had been doubled jabbed. Only 10 thousand cases among those over 50 however with that age group having a higher chance of it the virus being fatal it had resulted in 109 deaths. Half of those poor folks had been double vaccinated but if the vaccine wasn`t working then that figure should be a higher percentage of the deaths considering how almost everyone over 50 has been jagged twice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 14:49

Having been in London whilst track and trace may be a shambles the locals seemed to have 0 interest in making sure you were checked into placed using app/obtaining personal details. Minimal masks when not at tables and zero masks in the hotel we were at. Avoided large crowded venues and had to test negative to get into game (shambolic on another level). 1 exception to this was the Heist Bar in paddington which was top class and tremendous customer service.

Thankfully testing this week has been negative but attitudes in London in the govt back garden is very different to what we are going through up here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 15:38

Unreal the amount of people who don`t understand that the vaccine doesn`t stop you from getting it or passing it on. It, hopefully stops you from getting seriously ill and dying, if you do contract it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 15:46

Attitudes in London are exactly the same as up here as anyone who has been in a certain boozer up the toon would agree. Nothing to do with Scotland v England either

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 25 Jun 15:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 16:53

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Although I'm back up the road most of the people I work with in London reckon its a bit of a free for all and I'm speaking to folk on a daily basis. I'm not sure it's quite as bad up here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 18:08

"Unreal the amount of people who don`t understand that the vaccine doesn`t stop you from getting it or passing it on. It, hopefully stops you from getting seriously ill and dying, if you do contract it."

Agreed. However we keep hearing things like "you won`t be allowed abroad or into certain venues unless you have both jags", so can see why some might think that. Just a shame some are the ones making the decisions...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 18:41

To be fair though that doesn't really happen in the UK though so whoever is saying that is for the vast majority wrong. About the only thing I've seen that will require two jabs was a rumour in relation the WC in Qatar.

Negative test results for the most part are fine.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 20:02

I hear their tracing punters from Lorenzos that watched Scotland v England match.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net