DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Canadian heatwave
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 09:05

Another record yesterday, 49.7C, for the west of the country. NW USA sweltering as well. Only ever been to the Ontario region, summers pretty hot, winters brutal.
Highest temp experienced was Cyprus 42c in the supposedly cooler time of early June.
Heat like a hammer on the head, unbearable. Spent a lot of time taking trips on air conditioned coaches just to escape it, yet the dedicated tan brigade still spent the day by the pool!
Anyone experienced a hotter hotspot?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Canadian heatwave
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 09:16

Gosh that is hot Parboiled you could end up like your forum name :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 10:48

Experienced 45degrees in the south of France ( St Emmillion) in 2003,that was hot. Didnt venture out till mid afternoon and that was to air conditioned supermarket. The overnight temperature in our gite didnt drop below 30 degrees making sleeping very uncomfortable. I seem to recall France recording something like 10,000 excess deaths that summer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 15:41

I worked in Kuwait City 20 odd years ago and 57-58 wasn't uncommon in the summer.
Needless to say you only parked your car in the open if it couldn't be avoided.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 16:02

Another few days in Cyprus and I would have hard boiled ….even the locals were remarking on it and the newspapers were doing daily temp updates.
Way over the norm for early June, Lord knows what it reached in July and August.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 17:00

Hottest I've experienced is 42 degrees in San Antonio, Texas and also 42 degrees is Muscat, Oman. Muscat was slightly more bearable due to a breeze from the sea.

In the UK, the hottest I've experienced is 39 degrees in July 2019, whilst working in Cambridge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 17:40

I used to live in Seville and in August there the temperature was always in the mid to late 40s. Did see temperatures display boards in the city centre showing up to 54 because of all the glass and concrete buildings. I used to get out of the shower and be completely dry in under 3 minutes without using a towel to dry myself. Used to have sweat running off my brow constantly, and the only time it would stop would be if you got dehydrated. It would be about 32 during the night, I often found myself sleeping naked on the floor tiles to try and keep cool. Every day the news was reporting deaths due to the heat.
Had to drink loads of Cruzcampo....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 13:49

I got to Alberta, Canada in the August one year and it was almost unbearably hot, I left in the December and snow had been on the ground for a few months and it was minus 30!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:25

Was video chatting Jnr in Whitehorse. He was struggling with the heat. Horses drinking tons of water. Not long ago he was holed up in -42 degrees. Talk about extremes.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net