DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Empty shelves
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 19:21

Is it just me or are the supermarket shelves looking bare right now? Heehaw in Tesco.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Empty shelves
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 19:27

Quote:

jake89, Mon 5 Jul 19:21

Is it just me or are the supermarket shelves looking bare right now? Heehaw in Tesco.

Probably another consequence of the folly of Brexit, Jake.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 19:33

Was in wee tesco in Rosyth about an hour ago... Plenty on the shelves there for info

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 19:39

Cheers widtink. It was Duloch one I was in. It was the same on Saturday. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some of this is down to Brexit. It was strawberries and raspberries I was looking for. You'd think there would be plenty of Scottish soft fruits on offer...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 19:45

Perhaps the new delivery guy has the same luck in finding the place as I did.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 20:04

Don't blame you if you were trying to find it in Ipswich!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 20:46

Quote:

jake89, Mon 5 Jul 19:39

Cheers widtink. It was Duloch one I was in. It was the same on Saturday. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some of this is down to Brexit. It was strawberries and raspberries I was looking for. You'd think there would be plenty of Scottish soft fruits on offer...

Try Aldi next door... Better and cheaper imo

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 21:16

It'll be them pesky English Tories again

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 21:22

Quote:

widtink, Mon 05 Jul 20:46

Quote:

I’m undecided about Aldi fruit tbh. I bought strawberries on Friday and although still well in date went mouldy really quickly. On the other hand their avocados are yum!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 21:34

Try the strawberries on your good hand?!?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 21:54

Quote:

widtink, Mon 5 Jul 20:46

Quote:

I usually do but there were toys to be purchased and Aldi only ever has toys if it's a middle aisle thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 22:04

Shortage of hvg drivers there screaming out for them now was on the news the other day. There even struggling to get haribos on the shelves lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 23:31

Quote:

Pars_1986, Mon 5 Jul 22:04

Shortage of hvg drivers there screaming out for them now was on the news the other day. There even struggling to get haribos on the shelves lol

Parents had noticed that at Tesco in the town at the weekend, lots of empty bare shelves, even car park was empty which not a surprise with that "speed bump" they installed which even 4x4's hit hard going over it slowly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 01:51

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 5 Jul 23:31

Quote:

Pars_1986, Mon 5 Jul 22:04

Parents had noticed that at Tesco in the town at the weekend, lots of empty bare shelves, even car park was empty which not a surprise with that "speed bump" they installed which even 4x4's hit hard going over it slowly

That speed bump is a joke that they've put in there so much so myself and the wife have stopped using that tesco altogether
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 02:28

The mythic properties of that speed bump keep growing. My car has 113mm ground clearance and I went over it on Monday and did not come close to grounding the car.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 07:00

My wife works in a supermarket and there are supply chain problems. They don’t tell people as it would lead to panic buying. Certain items are easier to get than others.
Pineapplade anyone?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 08:58

Was in Morrisons Kirkcaldy 2 weeks ago and the local coop last week and the empty shelves were very noticeable!

Wife not happy as she couldn't get her Cointreau. 😡

Post Edited (Tue 06 Jul 08:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 11:58

I'm away to buy everything in the shops before it's too late. Paaaaaaannniiiicccc 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 13:12

I'm away on holiday. Would you mind getting me 732 toilet rolls?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 00:31

The HGV shortage of drivers is real. Lots of them put on furlough, 50-60 year olds been loving it, no really wanting to go back to that life. Another side effect of the pandemic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 05:13

Yeah interesting to see how many people realise that you’re on this planet once …and a 60hr week means spending over 60% off your waking hours working (as opposed to being with your family, learning and developing yourself, doing activities you enjoy, being active in your community, etc) is kinda just a waste of your time on earth

Perhaps if a better-work life balance was offered some would be happier to return?

.. and I do realise I’m typing this at 5am as I’m starting to get ready to start work at 6am- but that is my choice so I can finish at 3pm and still have the afternoon doing stuff I like (another benefit of home working)

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 05:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 07:08

Have a relative who is Company Secretary for a major organisation with 25-30 companies covering a wide range of industries. Interesting to hear their views on Brexit.
UK Govt. processes and support complicated and slow - Yes.
EU being obstructive - Yes
Scottish Government refusing to accept Brexit and being awkward and unhelpful - Yes.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net