DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Replacing a radiator
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:02

Looking to replace a single radiator. Straight swap and know how to do it myself. One thing I don't know though is whether the system needs topped up. I had to do this in my old house with a combi but this house has a standard boiler and a hot water tank.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Replacing a radiator
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:10

There should be a plug on your outside wall jake that will drain the entire system before you remove the radiator so you don`t flood the place

The down side after you have swapped them is the boiler will keep cutting out until you have bled all the radiators including the one on the pipe in the hot water tank cupboard and the water pump which is a large flat screw head

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 16:08

A stander boiler will fill radiators, but as buspass says you will have to bleed radiators

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 17:04

I did this recently without draining the system. I isolated the radiator via the 2 valves.
Then used a drain kit I got from Amazon for about £14. Was really straightforward and system automatically refilled radiator when valves were reopened along with bleed screw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 18:26

Thanks all. Hopefully simple enough to do. If draining down the whole system I'll likely replace two of them.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net