DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Angus Sinclair
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 20:21

Just watching a documentary on the worlds end murderer and his horrific deeds, I came across this picture when doing an online search.

What was his connection to The Pars ?

Post Edited (Fri 23 Jul 20:22)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Angus Sinclair
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 20:46

As well as being a bit stabby, he was also quite tight and discovered a hardly worn Pars tracksuit top for sale in a Oxfam shop in Stockbridge. Being Edinburgh, this top had sat unsold for some time and had been reduced considerably in an attempt to make space for new inventory. The plan worked and it was sold one day to a very twitchy gentleman for the sum of £3.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 20:47

No connection.
Prisoners often don't have any clothes of their own.
For occasions they need to leave prison there is a selection of second hand clothes they can choose from or are just given something at random to wear.
He just so happened to end up with a Pars tracksuit top.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 21:46

Still, he's the closest we have to a celebrity fan, so should get him on that mural in the North East Stand
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 23:52

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 11:59

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 23 Jul 21:46

Still, he's the closest we have to a celebrity fan, so should get him on that mural in the North East Stand

😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 12:22

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Sat 24 Jul 11:59

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 23 Jul 21:46

😂

Or this one on a tank

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19455569.scots-react-baroness-davidson-taking-seat-house-lords/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew C  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 09:53

If anyone has one of those tracky tops they`d be willing to sell send me an email!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 17:42

Quote:

Andrew C, Tue 27 Jul 09:53

If anyone has one of those tracky tops they`d be willing to sell send me an email!

If you contact Glen Ochil Prison, they might still have his one, unless the family have come forward to collect it. That will have an added bit of history with it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 27 Jul 21:38

I have read nothing which suggests Angus Sinclair had the slightest interest in football, far less DAFC. Fishing seemed more his hobby when not engaged in his darker pursuits. As a native Glaswegian who lived briefly in Edinburgh (in between prison sentences) it is hard to see where any Pars interest could have been formed.

I think SIF`s explanation is the most likely one although it`s possible Sinclair might have swapped or bartered the top when inside. The top does look good and of around the half dozen photos of Sinclair which have been made public, this is the one which comes closest to flattering him.

A more tasteful choice of celebrity `fan` would have been the actor Gordon Jackson (Upstairs, Downstairs and The Professionals) who scored a hat trick for the Pars against Arsenal in 1967. We lost that Quizball final, held in the Glen Pavilion. 7-3 unfortunately.

sammer
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net